Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KotEE Trial Offered to Past Preferred Players Through Jan 3 - Star Wars: The Old Republic - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageKotEE Trial Offered to Past Preferred Players Through Jan 3 - Star Wars: The Old Republic - MMORPG.com

Star Wars: The Old Republic News - Those who have yet to give the newest expansion to Star Wars: The Old Republic a try will have a chance to try a portion of it between now and January 3rd. Players should have at one time been a Preferred player attained either through the purchase of Cartel Coins or due to having been a subscriber at one point in the past. Agreeing to receive the SWTOR newsletter is also required. Becoming a Premium subscriber prior to January 3rd will yield 500 Cartel Coins.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    The incentive of the character boost is nice. If I remember correctly you usually receive 500 Cartel Coins (CC) anyways with a month subscription so is this an additional 500 CCs as a bonus otherwise that really isn't any extra?
  • heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    its a nice deal :)
    here is a link if any one wants to try it out

http://www.swtor.com/r/CVz7hD
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    They are trying real hard to get people to try this. This incentive is on top of their "invite a friend" promo they doctored up last week for KotEE. Pushes like this always make me a bit nervous.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Wait so do they give you a character boost for free? So what happens if you don't sub.at end of the trial are you locked out of that character?
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited December 2016
    The story is really good.  It's worth a month of sub just to play through it.  As far as continuing to play...to each their own.  I saw Rogue One on Friday and then got the itch to play again.  I played quite a bit this weekend on a new character.  There's a lot of "I quit" threads on the General Forums at SWToR.  The reason I mention this is that there's the possibility that the cancerous part of the community might have gone and quit.  My experience so far this weekend:  I did Hammer Station in a group.  We wiped 5-6 times.  No one rage quit.  No hollering in group chat.  We talked about strats, CC, etc.. and finished the instance.  It was really fun.  I also got a group together for a World Boss on Coruscant last night.  I got 18 people in about 15 mins.  We died, had a trail of run backs while the boss was still engaged, and downed it in one attempt.  No cursing, rage quits, etc.  Did one match of PVP (hutball) and one of the flying pvp (can't remember the name).  Both matches were very close with no crap talking by either side.  Again, maybe some of the baddies (by baddies I mean trolls and negative folks of course) decided to leave.  Even fleet chat has been good.  I have two folks on ignore for credit selling.  No confrontations in chat that I saw.  100 people on Republic side on the fleet yesterday afternoon.  It might be worth considering if you get the itch...
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Nope, not gonna pay an MMO with aggressive freemium design so I can experience single players stories.
    Curse you Bioware, we wanted KOTOR III, not this.