Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player need directions.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
Ok I'm gonna try this out for a bit here.  I'm lvl 50 and don't know where to go for leveling up to max.  Where do i get my first set of equipment once I reach max lvl?  Are coinpurses worth opening now and if so which ones?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Did you go to the library?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited December 2016
    50 - 55  is the only "real" skill grind in archeage.

Don't forget to grab the dailys outside "The Lib" (Library at Diamond Shores)  at the entrance portal and combat your way to 55 through the Lib (preferable as a part of a big raid which is unlikely in Legacy servers since almost everyone is lvl 55).

Equip yourself also with a "no xp loss"  scroll (which is a player creafted item now) .

This goes for weapons : The materials from the mobs OUTSIDE The Lib at Diamond Shores (and from auroria regions) can be used in Obsidian crafting T1 - T3 and materials from INSIDE The Lib for T3+.

As for armor you ll find the materials for T1 - T3 obsidian armor on mobs at Golden Ruins.
    T3+ also in The Lib.

Larcency got hit by a huge nerf.  You ll dont find a coinpurse on every mob. You ll get some marginal coins without Labor on every kill.
    You ll get coinpurses for labour with just gold as loot.
    Crates for labour with just ressources.
    metalic boxes which require a player crafted key to open for a decent amount of ressources and a chance of a "jackpot".

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Can i turn any weapon into obsidian or only crafted weapons?
    Any weapon that savages for mana wisps.
    Thats very most the crafted weapons starting at level illoustrous which gives you the 1 mana wisp for your first obsidian.
    You can bypass any crafting and just buy the mana wisp you need from AH.

But before you ll do that check if there is still the mission that leads you to your first obsidian available for you, that provide you with materials for your first obsidian but i am not sure its still there. It was there when first lvl 50+ where introduced.     
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I'm looking at the stats and it appears that you are better off grabbing a t1 halsa weapon then getting obsidian and upgrading that.
    filmoret said:
    I'm looking at the stats and it appears that you are better off grabbing a t1 halsa weapon then getting obsidian and upgrading that.

If you want to obtain a quest weapon (and armor) to work with while building on you final weapon of choice also consider the soulforged gear, which is now called 'maliceforged' since 3.0 i think.
    You get the tokens for it from the occleera rift in DS. Depending on your server faction/natuion/pirate situation could be easier (or harder) to get then hasla.
    Then there is also the mistsong dungeon instance at mistmerrow. But hat weapon is almost endgame material and need good gear and team to get it on hard mode.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Here is your direction

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!