Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons First Look - Water Temple - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageDungeons First Look - Water Temple - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team wants to set this weekend off the right way and has sent out a brand new video to show off a first look at one of the dungeons in the forthcoming game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2016
    Already more in game video footage than Dark and Light..../slowclap
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    looks good :o
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Looking really nice :)
    I havent actually played a game using UE4 yet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150

Couple things... First, I hope they only showed us a super small portion of the dungeon, less than 10% to be specific, at a maximum. I understand it'll be the first human group dungeon. Second, after watching the 'combat first look' video... LOL nice aesthetics are the only thing I am counting on in this game, so I'd REALLY like to see them show a single mob in the dungeon and maybe more than the same one poorly executed animation of an attack move.

Is it free? It looks free. I might play it if it is free, unless you know, they work on the mechanics heavily after their initial videos. Then I might pay for it, with someone else's money.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    WOW!! ITS BACKGROUND MUSIC IS REALLY SUPERB!!!

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • LemureLemure Member UncommonPosts: 24

Couple things... First, I hope they only showed us a super small portion of the dungeon, less than 10% to be specific, at a maximum. I understand it'll be the first human group dungeon. Second, after watching the 'combat first look' video... LOL nice aesthetics are the only thing I am counting on in this game, so I'd REALLY like to see them show a single mob in the dungeon and maybe more than the same one poorly executed animation of an attack move.

Is it free? It looks free. I might play it if it is free, unless you know, they work on the mechanics heavily after their initial videos. Then I might pay for it, with someone else's money.

Don't judge their first look in combat as their final product. They are choosing to be very transparent during development. So we should watch and see how good it gets.

Personally this is looking amazing for their first looks!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I checked the PvP faq and it said flagging system. So no forced PvP I presume . Hope this is true.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I am in love....my PC not so much, I think I heard it screaming in pain while I was watching the video.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Some moments in that clip reminded me on these Zangarmarsh dungeons, only in superb graphics.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

Volgore said:

Some moments in that clip reminded me on these Zangarmarsh dungeons, only in superb graphics.

I hated those Zangarmarsh dungeons.. :(
  • trung031313trung031313 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    System said:
    imageDungeons First Look - Water Temple - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team wants to set this weekend off the right way and has sent out a brand new video to show off a first look at one of the dungeons in the forthcoming game.

Read the full story here

nice game, i never play this before
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited December 2016
    looks a lot like Skyrim in style... a good thing, but how will it perform with 100 people on screen i wonder.....
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    When I see something like that I really think why don't we get platforming sections in our dungeons? It would make them much cooler imo.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Promising

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Platforming sucks for people who cannot jump properly to this day I hate Blackfathom Deeps because of the jumping in the beginning which I fail and fall into the water every single time and delay everyone.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    kitarad said:
    Platforming sucks for people who cannot jump properly to this day I hate Blackfathom Deeps because of the jumping in the beginning which I fail and fall into the water every single time and delay everyone.
    Well I guess that is legitimate a reason.

Still find it lame that every single dungeon somehow has a clear path to reach the end with no obstacles.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    A well created level, and while it looks great, it also shows that games developed in Unreal are not inherently graphically superior to those created in Unity.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299

Dullahan said:

A well created level, and while it looks great, it also shows that games developed in Unreal are not inherently graphically superior to those created in Unity.

Maybe not, but it's a hell of a lot easier to make it look good in Unreal than it is in Unity.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    That's the same music I listen to when I use my water temple.