Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trino...giving compensation again

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
I guess the queue game wasn't as fun as they thought it would be.

Comments

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Company name is

TRION.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    TRINO!

It's a completely different game http://store.steampowered.com/app/42000/
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    farbege said:
    Company name is

TRION.
    In Archeage, both in-game and on the forums, people always refer to the company as "Trino".
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I guess the queue game wasn't as fun as they thought it would be.
    Fun ?

Nope...

Profitable ?

Yes !

just think how many subs they sold to people desperate to jump the queue... :D
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Fun ?
    Nope...
    Profitable ?
    Yes !

just think how many subs they sold to people desperate to jump the queue... :D
    Good old Trion.
    Amazing how can they always pull it off.......

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Dino ?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    How is this interesting? Hardly the first company that had queues...

However, its good to hear the game is doing good, keeping it in the pipeline. 
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Trino, 1st i have heard of it like that. Always Trion Hard but failing lately.

Besides i dont play AA, dropped out when you was required to both subscribe and buy from teh item shop on a weekly basis. It was a MUST. Too expensive plenty of better and not as costly games out there to play than that one.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Ramajama said:
    How is this interesting? Hardly the first company that had queues...

However, its good to hear the game is doing good, keeping it in the pipeline. 
    At release and after an new expansion, yes. In this case it is rather impressive, but they should be a bit careful about queues, if they get too long many players might tire instead of subbing.

10 minutes queue might be a good thing for them, some players who are in a hurry will sub but if you get hours many will just skip playing.

I can't see why anyone would play this game for more then a week without subbing though, this is not a good game for the free version and if you don't want to sub you will miss the good stuff. Either play it and sub or play something else.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Rhoklaw said:
    Forgrimm said:
    farbege said:
    Company name is

TRION.
    In Archeage, both in-game and on the forums, people always refer to the company as "Trino".
    It's because using Trion in-game or on the forums is now a bannable offense or so I am told.
    It wasn't bannable, but for some reason the word Trion was muted by the in-game chat filter.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Que is too long I stopped.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Dragnelus said:
    I'm sure the person just behind you in the queue was delighted ! :D
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Dragnelus said:
    I'm sure the person just behind you in the queue was delighted ! :D
    And while you're all in queue DMKano and I are stealing all your land.
    Playing this game is nothing to boast about.....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    There's been rumor grumblings/conspiracy theory that Trion has be divulging information to streamers, friends/familly, and prominent pro-Archeage types how to circumvent the stability issues.

VPN seems to be one of the "tips" to increase stability. You'll still go through queue, and log-in server mishaps but once you are in... you'll get a much larger chunk of playtime. There's definitely packet loss on Trions end and this helps. There have been players on the Prophecy and Vengeance servers bragging about how they were doing this from day 1 and why they are leaps and bounds ahead of the server.

Tin foil theory worth testing... 
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯