Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally a place to call home, ex-SWG players look here

admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Tired of settling for games that dont come close to what swg pre-cu had ? I know I was. I had tried....

AO, EVE, SoR, FoM, AA, and several smaller MMO and nothing could come close enough to satisfy my lust for the features of swg.

Anyway, I found out about Roma Victor. The game has everything (excpet sci fi) swg had. I think its also important to note that this game is made by a small independent developer who could use our support. Folks complain about lack of innovation in today's MMO's, well here's one that isnt dumbed down.

The game cost me roughly $26 to pre-order (converted) and no monthly fee. You can purchase in-game content and their version of currency I believe.

Features

skill based system - no levels whatsoever

crafting - extremely complex crafting that is heavily player interdependent on others for making products. For example, you might be a crafter of spear shafts which a weaponsmith would need to complete crafting of a spear. There are far more specialized crafting professions than even swg had.

housing - one difference here is RV homes can be destroyed. You can hire npc guards to protect them

And much much more. Here's a link to their features...

http://www.roma-victor.com/game/

Comments

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257

Were have you been?

Your right though I been looking forward to this one ever since SOE dumped the NGE on us. I like EVE, but I find its not quite enough although I love the complexity and depth I have been partnering it with FPS when I need to have a avatar that is not a ship. Hopefully RV will fullfill my complexity desire and my desire to hack/slash/blow-up/shoot down etc all in one package.

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

First of all, please keep all testing releated discussions in the Private RV forums.  The NDA has yet to be lifted.  I'm sure you understand.

Secondly, everyonce in awhile I'll take a look at that list, and notice other parts have been added since I last looked.  That crafting tree only shows what's in beta right now, it is not a complete list of what the final game will contain.  Like a real tree, it's always growing.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Originally posted by Kanoth

First of all, please keep all testing releated discussions in the Private RV forums.  The NDA has yet to be lifted.  I'm sure you understand.
    Secondly, everyonce in awhile I'll take a look at that list, and notice other parts have been added since I last looked.  That crafting tree only shows what's in beta right now, it is not a complete list of what the final game will contain.  Like a real tree, it's always growing.

I thought I got that list from your website before I even pre-ordered so its available for anyone to see. Anyway, I removed it to be safe as I wouldnt want to violate any NDA.

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295
    No, the list was fine, just reminding you not to discuss anything outside of the forums about the test, good or bad. 

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• MeonMeon Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by admriker444
    Tired of settling for games that dont come close to what swg pre-cu had ? I know I was. I had tried....
    AO, EVE, SoR, FoM, AA, and several smaller MMO and nothing could come close enough to satisfy my lust for the features of swg.
    Anyway, I found out about Roma Victor. The game has everything (excpet sci fi) swg had. I think its also important to note that this game is made by a small independent developer who could use our support. Folks complain about lack of innovation in today's MMO's, well here's one that isnt dumbed down.
    The game cost me roughly $26 to pre-order (converted) and no monthly fee. You can purchase in-game content and their version of currency I believe.
    Features
    skill based system - no levels whatsoever
    crafting - extremely complex crafting that is heavily player interdependent on others for making products. For example, you might be a crafter of spear shafts which a weaponsmith would need to complete crafting of a spear. There are far more specialized crafting professions than even swg had.
    housing - one difference here is RV homes can be destroyed. You can hire npc guards to protect them
    And much much more. Here's a link to their features...
    http://www.roma-victor.com/game/

one more convert!

• shallyshally Member UncommonPosts: 9
    yes i agree i'm leaving SWG too becouse patch after patch SOE kill the game and i dont like it anymore. I hope RV will learn from SWG project becouse i dont want to see dead another good and complex mmorpg