Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I no longer frequent mmorpg.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2016
    Kyleran said:
    No the real reason you no longer frequent MMORPG.com, Kopogero, is because they keep banning your ass.
    Nice try, and I do know that name, but not me. 
    Not him eh? Are you sure, because you post just like him

Stizzled said:
    Oh look, it's this thread again. 
    Hey, look at this, a very similar post from Kopo in early July 2016

mgilbrtsn said:
    It's meaningless fun for the most part.  Not everything has to be serious all the time.  I agree that there are people who I dislike and I'm aware that some dislike me.  It's the price for pretty lenient oversight.  The alternative is heavy handed oversight which would result in a mass exodus.

It's really a silly reason to leave.  I suspect that there is a deeper underlying cause.

You get me wrong. I am currently partaking. I just have less interest than I did a year ago... kinda find this heirarchy of banality a real killjoy. 
    Hmm, so were here more a year ago? Interesting as your account was created July 22nd 2016.

Let's see, Kopo was perma banned sometime in mid July.

Coincidence? Almost uncanny I think.

BTW, the Pub is for discussions about MMORPGs, and not the behavior of other posters on the site. (or politics for that matter)

So what the hell, just for the LOLs, reported. ;)

Who is Kopo? I guess I hit a nerve? I should add I have returned the favour and reported you for malicious allegations... but your name is purple so I'm sure you'll be ok 
    What malicious allegations, I strung together a series of coincidental posts from other posters.

Here's another coincidental fact. In your...er I mean Kopos fairwell and f-you all rant he said going forward he would create throw away alt accounts which he wouldn't care if they were banned.

As coincidentally noted previously by another poster in this thread, you've been banned twice, as I recall for very unsportsmanlike behavior. (you have to push the mods here pretty hard to draw the red card)

You sure you don't live in Canada and how long  has it been since you paid for a MMORPG? Cmon, answer truthfully. 

Btw, a purple tag does not make one immune from warnings, bars or bans.

But I did not start a thread which clearly violates several of the sites TOS conditions now did I?

But you are correct, I'm probably going to catch it this time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• somersaultsamsomersaultsam Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited December 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    No the real reason you no longer frequent MMORPG.com, Kopogero, is because they keep banning your ass.

Stizzled said:

mgilbrtsn said:
    It's meaningless fun for the most part.  Not everything has to be serious all the time.  I agree that there are people who I dislike and I'm aware that some dislike me.  It's the price for pretty lenient oversight.  The alternative is heavy handed oversight which would result in a mass exodus.

It's really a silly reason to leave.  I suspect that there is a deeper underlying cause.

You get me wrong. I am currently partaking. I just have less interest than I did a year ago... kinda find this heirarchy of banality a real killjoy. 
    Hmm, so were here more a year ago? Interesting as your account was created July 22nd 2016.

BTW, the Pub is for discussions about MMORPGs, and not the behavior of other posters on the site. (or politics for that matter)

Who is Kopo? I guess I hit a nerve? I should add I have returned the favour and reported you for malicious allegations... but your name is purple so I'm sure you'll be ok 
    What malicious allegations, I strung together a series of coincidental posts from other posters.

Here's another coincidental fact. In your...er I mean Kopos fairwell and f-you all rant he said going forward he create throw away alt accounts which he wouldn't care if they were banned.

As coincidentally noted previously by another poster in this thread, you've been banned twice, as I recall for very unsportsmanlike behavior. (you have to push the mods here pretty hard to draw the red card)

You sure you don't live in Canada and how long  has it been since you paid for a MMORPG? Cmon, answer truthfully. 

Sorry Kyl, but the joke is on you. I have never heard of Kopos (well, I've heard the name), but keep repeating your baseless allegations. I live in the UK mate. 
    But, I should have added this to reasons why I no longer frequent mmorpg.com... some of the regular members are astonishingly unpleasant. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2016
    The thing is, this is the perfect microcosm... lot's of butthurt mmorpg.com members desperately trying to find ways to censor, the mildest of mild complaints... clap.... clap. 
    Unbeknownst to you, there's a secret "killboard" for purple and higher posters which tracks how many people we get warned, barred, or banned.

You don't think we get these colors just from being "liked" do you?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    The thing is, this is the perfect microcosm... lot's of butthurt mmorpg.com members desperately trying to find ways to censor, the mildest of mild complaints... clap.... clap. 
    Unbeknownst to you, there's a secret "killboard" for purple and higher posters which tracks how many people we get warned, barred, or banned.

;)
    Preferential treatment might be the way I'd describe it.... oh look at that LOL 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:

;)
    First rule of the fight club is, you don't talk about the fight club  :p
    edited December 2016
    haha, well I think this little love in has demonstrated preferential treatment. There was no need to make it so transparent, but thank you all.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited December 2016
    When you come back with your next account try to avoid some of the glaring similarities but who am I kidding. 

I must ask though if you think so little of the posters here why do you crave their accolades?

kitarad said:
    When you come back with your next account try to avoid some of the glaring similarities but who am I kidding. 

I must ask though if you think so little of the posters here why do you crave for their accolades?
    Ask mmorpg.com to compare IPs... otherwise stop it with the slander. Seriously, it is the fall back for people lacking credulity... oh I'll repeat what other ppl said cause I might sound like I know something.... 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Wee
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    No one gives a rats behind what color their name is on this site.  We are all just a bunch of armchair developers here.  If we weren't, we would be out there making games instead of talking about them.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Definitely another Kopo alt, it's been obvious for a while. He posts the same nonsense, thinks "LoL's" are downvotes, is more concerned with how people post than he is with MMO's themselves http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456009/do-you-care-about-approval-of-your-peers/p1
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    edited December 2016
    Forgrimm said:
    Definitely another Kopo alt, it's been obvious for a while. He posts the same nonsense, thinks "LoL's" are downvotes, is more concerned with how people post than he is with MMO's themselves http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456009/do-you-care-about-approval-of-your-peers/p1
    I think his concern is the grouping-up against someone you disagree with like you are doing right now, cut him some slack dude..

And in my personal opinion, every single time I see that avatar of yours I'm instantly triggered due to the (in my opinion) retarded things you have spouted. 

People are different, give him a fair argument at its least :/

EDIT: The fact that he's coming to the same forums he has issues with inclines he has some hope so don't destroy it D:
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    zenomex said:

Thank you for a sensible response....
    I see you gave him an Insightful.
    Talk about kettle and pot.

Really, you make a post against this site "Like" system, and then you are the first one to rush Liking the first person that is sympathetic with you.
    Make up your mind dude.

I don't know you, but certainly the way you carry the conversation is not really helping you.
    The first rule of a good complain is, stick with you principles.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:

;)
    First rule of the fight club is, you don't talk about the fight club  :p
    That's the second rule, pal!

Summary of this thread: 2edgy4me

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    ste2000 said:
    zenomex said:

Thank you for a sensible response....
    I see you gave him an Insightful.
    Talk about kettle and pot.

Really, you make a post against this site "Like" system, and then you are the first one to rush Liking the first person that is sympathetic with you.
    Make up your mind dude.

I don't know you, but certainly the way you carry the conversation is not really helping you.
    The first rule of a good complain is, stick with you principles.
    And in that sympathetic post I said how he probably is "all the things you said in your post". So I guess the two of you are on the same page, right? Don't forget the context he is posting it in
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    He must be on another "vacation" from the official game forums again... I LOL'd when Blizzard deleted his posts.

He's running out of places to go... so no, he's not leaving any time soon.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    zenomex said:
    ste2000 said:

And in that sympathetic post I said how he probably is "all the things you said in your post". So I guess the two of you are on the same page, right? Don't forget the context he is posting it in
    I actually don't get your comment.
    I wasn't contesting your post, why are you getting defensive?

I just pointed out how someone that complains about the "Like" system, then use it to Like someone as soon as they agree with him.
    I only checked his Like, because I was pretty sure it was his.....and sure as hell, he was.
    I am pointing out people hypocrisy........is that wrong?

It wasn't me that complained about the Like system, it was him.
    Least he could do is refrain himself from using it, since that invalidates his complain.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Stizzled said:

mgilbrtsn said:

Here's another coincidental fact. In your...er I mean Kopos fairwell and f-you all rant he said going forward he would create throw away alt accounts which he wouldn't care if they were banned.

Btw, a purple tag does not make one immune from warnings, bars or bans.

But I did not start a thread which clearly violates several of the sites TOS conditions now did I?

But you are correct, I'm probably going to catch it this time.

No it doesnt :)
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    I just don't understand coming to a forum making a post saying you are not coming to a  forum and griping about the way people react.  I guess the word irony is lost today!
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited December 2016
    zenomex said:
    Forgrimm said:
    I think his concern is the grouping-up against someone you disagree with like you are doing right now, cut him some slack dude..

And in my personal opinion, every single time I see that avatar of yours I'm instantly triggered due to the (in my opinion) retarded things you have spouted. 

People are different, give him a fair argument at its least :/

EDIT: The fact that he's coming to the same forums he has issues with inclines he has some hope so don't destroy it D:
    Oh look, I have a fan ;) This site is for talking about games and mmo's. It isn't for bitching and complaining about how other people choose to discuss those games, or whether they decide to click an "LoL" instead of an "Agree". This isn't the first time the OP has made a similar thread:

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456009/do-you-care-about-approval-of-your-peers/p1

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/456841/is-debate-impossible-amongst-your-more-hardcore-computer-game-crowd#latest

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/457251/should-contrarianism-be-considered-a-positive-attribute/p1
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    So!

Why ?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    But, I should have added this to reasons why I no longer frequent mmorpg.com... some of the regular members are astonishingly unpleasant. 
    For someone who no longer frequents you sure are frequenting the shit out of it today. Normally a "you guys suck so I'm gone" post is more effective if you actually do go.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Likes? Maybe the OP has this site and a certain other one mixed up?
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    please ban this person?, he adds nothing, his posts are self-indulging and the fact that he has posted many times in a "I wont come here anymore" thread is laughable....
This discussion has been closed.