Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planetside 2 just dropped a great patch!

toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228
So, I know some of you either never heard of Planetside 2, or you played in the past and stopped playing because 'lack of content' or maybe some of you, like me are still trucking on!

Well, good news if you fall under any of that!

Planetside 2 has launched their holiday patch and it comes with..... THE ROCKLET RIFLE (Planetside 1 veterans will remember)

Daybreak gets a lot of grief from their handling of EQ: Next and the way the H1Z1 has gone, however; Planetside 2 has never been in a better place than it is right now. The fights are still as large as ever, squad tactics are needed along with the zerg, base building is a thing and actually changed the Meta of the game for the better, and the balances to air, infantry and armor make the fights seem even and not one sided.

So, if Planetside 2 is on your back burner to come back to or try for the first time, there is no better time than the winter even that just dropped again!

If you are looking to hop in for the first time, or a returning player and need a little guidance, roll as TR on Connery and contact me ( Toljar), I'd love to help new and returning players rediscover this amazing FPS! 

(link for patch notes, if my link above doesn't work https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-game-update-and-maintenance-12-15.243984/#post-3437882 )

Gaming community: IRONFIST
New World: Lilith - US East
WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I really loved that weapon in PS1. I feel like I need to not send dollars or login time to a game that has tactical characters dressed in bright blue and yellow, neon purple, and fire engine red. Played to BR 100 and logged many hours after, but the sin of terrible art design finally shamed me into not going back. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Might brush the dust off this one during the Christmas break and see how things have come along.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Nyctelios said:
    Real question: Do you actually fight enemies or do you still only die due friendly fire?
    I dont know what Outfit you were with but friendly fire was the least of my problems when I played PS2.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2016
    I stopped playing because terrible netcode, balancing and excessive hacking. One of the worst of all the FPS I've played. Everything else was pretty decent about the game.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited December 2016
    I remember quitting when it first launched because it just felt like a totally empty game where we are just dumped into an area to be slaughtered by other players...No real rhyme or reason to the game.....1-2 shots and you died...Just not fun for us non pvpers.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Screw planetside2 and whatever "Magical patch" that has come along an turn everything great. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I played PS2 when fist came out,it looked very low budget,i was turned off,played about 45 minutes and never looked back.
    Even if this is a nice update/patch,they went far too long in delivering,people were complaining a year ago already and actually figured it was going into maintenance mode and to be honest,i thought the same.

To me it looks like after 2+ years all they are delivering is a couple weapons to grind for and a few pieces of armor,that is a few weeks of work for a few people,does not sound like they have a dedicated team on this game but then again SOE never had any dedicated teams,just land rovers moving from game to game.

really a no brainer,far less staff,of course the effort will be less than expectations.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    I hate to say it but PS2 is not in great shape, I haven't played since May but I have over 1100hrs into the game and been playing since launch with a few breaks.

I love the game, but I cannot bring myself to play it anymore, just too many fundamental issues and bugs not being fixed and the construction crap was the nail in the coffin for me when devs should've been concentrating on fixing up the core game before adding radical new content.

I'm from Briggs btw, server pop is probably in even worse shape there now.

On a side note, I just realised this is my first post on the site in a year. Damn.

O_o o_O

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    P2s is nothing compared to Ps1. From bases not mattering, to unbalanced factions(Vanu).  Took them 3 years just to even begin to start fixing problems.

MurderHerd

• netglennetglen Member UncommonPosts: 116
    SciFi shooters are not my usual cup of tea, but I do really appreciate all the changes that have been made to Planetside 2. I'm looking forward with playing both Light Assault and Heavy Assault this weekend.