Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any info on the Early Access?

Comments

• BarricateBarricate Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited December 2016
    If they keep ignoring their players, and being so poor at showing game scenes, the game is going to be a failure again.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166
    Barricate said:
    If they keep ignoring their players, and being so poor at showing game scenes, the game is going to be a failure again.
    Well actually they would be potential players; since no one can play it yet.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    EA is Dec 15th.
    there has been no official announcement to confirm this date for western release, pls post your source
  • ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    vapor
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited December 2016
    EA is Dec 15th.
    There's a bet to take against and give a spread. (+14 I think)
    Post edited by Kyleran on

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    DMKano said:
    Are people really so eager to beat on bushes to collect berries.... for hours?

You know something more lol? What game need to pick berries for hours lol, dont tell ark :)
    Well I know that it's a Survival game - and collecting food to survive is a confirmed mechanic in Dark and Light - I just hope they really scale WAY BACK on the whole food and water thing - because to me that's one of the most boring aspects of survival games by far.
    The essence of real survival is eating and drinking regardless of if you think its a boring game mechanic or not. Stop eating food and drinking water in real life. See how well you "survive" not so boring now is it?
    is this some kinda bad jokes
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Mirathel said:
    DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    DMKano said:

You know something more lol? What game need to pick berries for hours lol, dont tell ark :)
    Well I know that it's a Survival game - and collecting food to survive is a confirmed mechanic in Dark and Light - I just hope they really scale WAY BACK on the whole food and water thing - because to me that's one of the most boring aspects of survival games by far.
    The essence of real survival is eating and drinking regardless of if you think its a boring game mechanic or not. Stop eating food and drinking water in real life. See how well you "survive" not so boring now is it?
    So is pissing and crapping, hopefully those won't be regular duties I have to perform.

Besides, in real life I do activities that pay money which I give to other people to feed myself, I don't have to personally gather or farm.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EtanoloEtanolo Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited December 2016
    They repeatedly said they are going to release the EA this year, even now, if you check on their website, you can see they say "Coming this year". I think they will release it before 2017. Somebody suggested they may release it before 28 Jenuary (since the 2017 New year start on 28 Jenuary in China). That would be a nice trick from them, but i don't think this will happen. I'll bet on 15 December.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    edited December 2016
    yea i swear i read it on one of the updates on the web the early EA was on the 15th of december but i cant find it atm
  • gabead1974gabead1974 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Keeno said:
    They said early access would be this fall! Its winter now! The lies are rollling in!!!
    Technically, December 21st it the first day of winter.
    hahaha
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I see some people here are still expecting a quality product coming from china...

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

So is pissing and crapping, hopefully those won't be regular duties I have to perform.

This would be an awesome mechanic in an MMO.  Randomize the hell out of it.  Spells have a chance to fizzle if you a clinching too hard.  You could pee/crapp yourself and get debuffs.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Volgore said:
    I see some people here are still expecting a quality product coming from china...
    Volgore said:
    shrugs not really
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    The lack of info is concerning

Take a look at Conan Exiles. It isn't close to release, but they've shown TONS of stuff about the game and all kinds of things.

This one is...dead...empty...nothingness. Its supposed to be close to release, yet the lack of info and showcasing the game is worse than even No Man's Sky.

The more time goes on, the more I'll probably not even bother with this. If they knew their game was good (like Funcom does with Conan Exiles), they WOULD show off how amazing it is. With livestreams and all kinds of things like Funcom is doing.
    Like Wildstar did ?
    All the hype and amazing videos dont really mean much. In the end you've either got a winner or you havent. If your game is good then word is going to spread and you'll have a strong and loyal player base to support your game. I think its refreshing that they are not doing the usual hype train BS. 
    They said early access will be in December so ill wait and see what its like and then make a decision. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited December 2016

DMKano said:

As opposed to beating lifeless mobs for hours on end just to raise a number?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

Take a look at Conan Exiles. It isn't close to release, but they've shown TONS of stuff about the game and all kinds of things.

This one is...dead...empty...nothingness. Its supposed to be close to release, yet the lack of info and showcasing the game is worse than even No Man's Sky.

The more time goes on, the more I'll probably not even bother with this. If they knew their game was good (like Funcom does with Conan Exiles), they WOULD show off how amazing it is. With livestreams and all kinds of things like Funcom is doing.

I see some people have forgotten the mortal sin that was "Age of Conan".

Funcom gets no hype from me, no sir. Too many games that came out as complete piles of garbage at release to forgive, IMO.]

That being said, I can't get hype on this either. Sure, it's pretty. Sure it sounds neat. But I don't even know anything about this game (what are the classes? Are there classes? Races? The main website doesn't tell you *anything*)

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Volgore said:
    I see some people here are still expecting a quality product coming from SNAIL GAMES...
    Fixed that for you.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Yeah I'm with you.  They haven't released much and most of it is like 2nd hand video capture.  Something is off.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "It’s mid-December already. But there is no announced release date for Dark and Light (DNL). All we got is just weekly leaks from Horsejoke. I saw rumors in Chinese reddit said the steam page for DNL will come out first on December 15. However, the steam page is delayed due to the lack of a complete video. So maybe we can expect a gameplay video as well as the steam page next week."

http://2p.com/46478988_1/Dark-and-Light-Features-Big-Spells-that-Can-Affect-Large-Scale-Battles-by-shaylynsun.htm

• GismolandGismoland Member UncommonPosts: 79
    If your Reading from Reddit, it's a Troll Center.. 90% full of shit and 10% fantasy.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    They said EA would be last year, then they changed it to this year. But there's still no gameplay footage.. 
    I mean...EQNext had game footage 2 years before it got canned..and it never even came close to EA  O.o

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Rhoklaw said:
    So they got everyone hyped up about a 2016 Q4 release of their Steam page? Who does this? Is the gaming industry so depressing that developers have to receive some sort of constant praise or recognition for a game that's not even finished just to accumulate the desire needed to finish it?
    Patience !

They are working as fast as they can !

As soon as they have the first running animation working, they'll start the Early Access. But don't worry, there will be screenshots of the animation so customers can see what they're paying for... :lol:
    edited January 2017
    Why on earth would they cancel Everquest Next