Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online changed everything for me

Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
So iv been playing MMORPG's since 2000 starting with everquest. Over the years i have had very hard time finding games i actually enjoy and i found most of the "new school" games just didnt do it for me. The constant quest grind that most of the games out there have just got repetitive as hell and i just couldnt get past a few weeks of that game play. So after trying almost every mmo out there , i would always go back to eq1 eq2 or daoc, till i found Black Desert Online. So BDO came out and i tried it, entered the game , it seemed like every other new style mmo out there, and i quit after a day of trying it, i judged it without knowing anything. A month later i went to try it again and i watched some videos on youtube from a guy named BladeBoques i believe and those videos changed everything for me. After seeing on video the amount of content in BDO and the amount of stuff to do amazed me, it is well beyond any mmo iv ever played (closest one would be EVE). There is seriously endless stuff to do, it can get overwhelming at times because i sometimes dont know which part of the game i want to get into at that moment. I can go on and on about BDO but seriously BDO is the future of mmo gaming, the stuff they did and added is just genius, they hit every single aspect of every mmo game out there, they have it all. So if your looking for a new game that will immerse you in a world of endless content, and i mean endless, check out BDO,, it rocked my world. and i havent had anything good to say about any new MMOs for like 8 years. another awesome thing about the game is its new and still growing, every two weeks there is a patch and there are some huge updates coming soon,, like the ocean update, which will make the already MASSIVE ocean and hundred islands even more exciting, big boats,, whale hunting, pirate killing , etc. there is a new class coming in the plans,, new continent, i cant stop talking about the game. Check it out, if it interests you, feel free to message me and i can meet up with u in game or discord and help you out,, u will need help, there is a bit of a learning curve.

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    It learned me how to refund.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Good to hear that you are enjoying the game. 

;)  
  • JownzJownz Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Not being able to see 5 feet away from my character killed it for me. People popping into my screen, grass popping, trees popping. That and the endless monster grind that posed no challenge at all. I've given up on new mmo's and went back to play Mortal Online.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Yeah i prefer BDO over most of the games out now.  The biggest thing bdo takes is time invested, sadly time is what I don't have much of at the moment.  I'm sure I will find my way back to it when I do have the time.

Cheers.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I like AA better as a game, but don't like Trion or the monetization of AA. So I might end up furthering my character at some point. 
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MuktukMuktuk Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I enjoyed BDO until I hit the soft level cap.  Then I realized that end game was all about running around in a loop grinding on the same boring trash mobs.  Bosses are even more boring.  And the loot ... well guess what, it has the most boring stats of any game I've played.

Not my thing, but I'm glad that a couple of you enjoy it.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    edited December 2016
    I have no idea why people make threads like this. Might as well title the thread, "I finally found a game that I like, kill the dream for me, please."

Shouldn't you be off playing BDO instead of seeking approval on forums?
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I have no idea why people make threads like this. Might as well title the thread, "I finally found a game that I like, kill the dream for me, please."

Shouldn't you be off playing BDO instead of seeking approval on forums?
    lol i agree. BDO is a pretty bad game as well.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited December 2016
    ah its missing a good open world large scale rvr type experience that gives stat grind or gear grind rewards.  you can fight over nodes and kill people randomly, but you dont get bonuses say like stat+ like DAOC.  so i think the reward system for killing people isn't on par. honestly a gear grind reward system would be fine.  i like wow's gear grind system if only it would apply to open world pvp and not just arenas and battlegrounds.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Jownz said:
    Not being able to see 5 feet away from my character killed it for me. People popping into my screen, grass popping, trees popping. That and the endless monster grind that posed no challenge at all. I've given up on new mmo's and went back to play Mortal Online.
    Never had that problem in BDO myself. But I can imagine that on certain (lower-end?) systems it might be a problem though...
    Muktuk said:
    I enjoyed BDO until I hit the soft level cap.  Then I realized that end game was all about running around in a loop grinding on the same boring trash mobs.  Bosses are even more boring.  And the loot ... well guess what, it has the most boring stats of any game I've played.

Same here, along with the bad gear grind combined with massive RNG on enchanting.
    JDis25 said:
    I like AA better as a game, but don't like Trion or the monetization of AA. So I might end up furthering my character at some point. 
    I think Both AA and BDO have some very good elements. The biggest difference though is that AA still uses labour for almost everything, while BDO has removed the energy use for almost all processing, making BDO more interesting for me. Sadly though, I am kinda done with BDO at the moment and have reinstalled AA again to give it a new try (with a dorfie). Good thing I still have my full alpha package rewards available. including that 11.5K cash shop coins ;-)
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited December 2016
    N3ptune said:
    [mod edit]
    Yes, there is a lot to do in the game majority is all stuff I don't really care for. Game is beautiful and combat animations look amazing.

Though, hitting 3 buttons to activate one skill requires little intelligence. Adding more steps to get one thing done I already get paid at work to do that. I don't feel like doing it in a fuckng video
    Post edited by Vaross on
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    edited December 2016
    N3ptune said:
    [mod edit]
    This arguement can go both  ways. You say it requires more intelligence, some will says it requires ignorance to over look some of it's glaring problems. 

Anyways, that aside, I'm glad you are enjoying it. I do like seeing posts here where people are praising a game rather than bashing it. I tried it, but like another poster said, I got tired of seeing things popping in and out of my screen when I would finally get within 5 ft of it. 
    Post edited by Vaross on

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I was really looking forward to play this game but I bounce around the world a lot because of my job and they didn't like that. Publishers are really into people's personal affairs these days >.<
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I wonder how much I can sell my account for.  The game was fun for the first three months until I realized it's more single player.  Having a guild is pretty much useless cept for the bonuses. The guild house auction is a joke, no player trading is a joke, the community is one of the worst I have ever seen, and it has a labor point system that severely limits you.  FFS you can't even go out gathering without running out of points.  Don't even get me started on the amount of hackers and cheaters in this game also.  Was a good concept that seems to be ruined by the publisher.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Im glad you liked it.
    Aori said:
    N3ptune said:
    yea,, BDO requires a bit more intelligence to play it, so i understand if it wasnt for you.
    Yes, there is a lot to do in the game majority is all stuff I don't really care for. Game is beautiful and combat animations look amazing.

Though, hitting 3 buttons to activate one skill requires little intelligence. Adding more steps to get one thing done I already get paid at work to do that. I don't feel like doing it in a fuckng video
    If you're building an economic empire, it takes some smarts. This is what I like about the game. 

The PvE wouldn't be bad if there was just more variation instead of a handful of grind spots and far to many people.
    No it doesn't take intelligence, It takes time which many of us don't have like we once had.

Aori said:
    Aori said:
    N3ptune said:
    yea,, BDO requires a bit more intelligence to play it, so i understand if it wasnt for you.

If you're building an economic empire, it takes some smarts. This is what I like about the game. 

The PvE wouldn't be bad if there was just more variation instead of a handful of grind spots and far to many people.
    No it doesn't take intelligence, It takes time which many of us don't have like we once had.

I simply disagree, building a successful one is far harder than just building one. Knowing what workers to use on which nodes, which nodes to get, what to process, when to sell, what to craft.. etc.

Once you have the contribution, not much time is needed at the computer to keep your economic empire going. Doesn't change that inefficient and poor planning are going to yield weak results. 
    /facepalm

Many of us already do this in RL! You think a VIDEO GAME makes you smarter? LOL!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited December 2016
    Funny thing is I was in BladeBoques's guild (the guy that made the videos you watched, OP).  The guy is a freaking machine.  He's really into all the crafting and side-systems and has no problem grinding whatever 24/7 for weeks on end.  If you're that kind of person, I can see BDO being perfect.

He had us all doing guild quests and prep for days for guild wars, but it's just not terribly rewarding.

There certainly is a lot of potential with the game, but my feeling is somewhere along the line, they figured out it really wasn't going to take off so they switched to focusing on building it around the cash shop.

To me, BDO is like halfway to an amazing game, but they stopped there and turned on the mobile-monitzation model.  I still have an extremely faint hope they build on the game, because I do think it's a nice foundation.

I will be checking it out again soon when they release the witch awakening, but I doubt I'll be staying long.  I also have an endgame toon in TERA, and at least in TERA I get to do this weird thing called CONTENT when I log in.

Post edited by holdenhamlet on
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    LOL QQ about repetitive then tout BDO that's a good one LOLOLOLOLOL
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    N3ptune said:

I simply disagree, building a successful one is far harder than just building one. Knowing what workers to use on which nodes, which nodes to get, what to process, when to sell, what to craft.. etc.

Once you have the contribution, not much time is needed at the computer to keep your economic empire going. Doesn't change that inefficient and poor planning are going to yield weak results. 
    /facepalm

Many of us already do this in RL! You think a VIDEO GAME makes you smarter? LOL!
    A lot of on going research on the subject. There are quite a few findings that point to many positive effects on the brain by playing video games.

However, it wasn't a point I was trying to make. To manipulate the economy in BDO, a certain degree of intelligence is needed. For a lot of people their brains don't tick that way. Now if you give people the knowledge they can usually figure it out but someone has supply that knowledge first, when the economy fluctuates they can become lost and in some cases using old knowledge start to decrease the efficiency of their economic power.

I'm also not sure what you mean by many of us already do this. What do you do? Manipulate market and commands scores of peons? Sorry but there aren't that many of you around but kudos to you if you're one of the few.
    Fucking unbelievable!

Thank you so much for properly educating us! Please do it right!
    You put yourself above everyone else because you know how to manipulate the economy? Critical thinking is not limited to knowing the market?

It's not hard to flood the market and drive prices down you don't need a economic fucking background for that. Again all that requires TIME!

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Muktuk said:

Isn't that pretty much "end game" in every mmorpg that uses end game?
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    N3ptune said:
    So iv been playing MMORPG's since 2000 starting with everquest. Over the years i have had very hard time finding games i actually enjoy and i found most of the "new school" games just didnt do it for me. The constant quest grind that most of the games out there have just got repetitive as hell and i just couldnt get past a few weeks of that game play. So after trying almost every mmo out there , i would always go back to eq1 eq2 or daoc, till i found Black Desert Online. So BDO came out and i tried it, entered the game , it seemed like every other new style mmo out there, and i quit after a day of trying it, i judged it without knowing anything. A month later i went to try it again and i watched some videos on youtube from a guy named BladeBoques i believe and those videos changed everything for me. After seeing on video the amount of content in BDO and the amount of stuff to do amazed me, it is well beyond any mmo iv ever played (closest one would be EVE). There is seriously endless stuff to do, it can get overwhelming at times because i sometimes dont know which part of the game i want to get into at that moment. I can go on and on about BDO but seriously BDO is the future of mmo gaming, the stuff they did and added is just genius, they hit every single aspect of every mmo game out there, they have it all. So if your looking for a new game that will immerse you in a world of endless content, and i mean endless, check out BDO,, it rocked my world. and i havent had anything good to say about any new MMOs for like 8 years. another awesome thing about the game is its new and still growing, every two weeks there is a patch and there are some huge updates coming soon,, like the ocean update, which will make the already MASSIVE ocean and hundred islands even more exciting, big boats,, whale hunting, pirate killing , etc. there is a new class coming in the plans,, new continent, i cant stop talking about the game. Check it out, if it interests you, feel free to message me and i can meet up with u in game or discord and help you out,, u will need help, there is a bit of a learning curve.
    I agree, I felt the same way, in till I learned it was just a massive gambling game, with the devs controlling the economy.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I need  a question answered and it's pretty simple.  I just bought the "Traveler's Pack" which is on sale. What I like to know is how are they handling extra characters? Is there a limit? Do I have to buy a "slot" to get more than the one I have now?
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Jamar870 said:
    I need  a question answered and it's pretty simple.  I just bought the "Traveler's Pack" which is on sale. What I like to know is how are they handling extra characters? Is there a limit? Do I have to buy a "slot" to get more than the one I have now?
    i can use ingame Loyalty(day login) to buy more spaces or real money, but i think you get about 6 normaly anyway and thats plenty tbh

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(