Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Update Offers a Fresh Start for Players and Trion Worlds - ArcheAge Previews

2»

Comments

• EmissaryEmissary Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Sounds like progress, but still seems to only be 3 or 4 patches of duct tape on a sinking boat with 15 holes. The land rush is 1 of the top 3 reasons the game was totally pointless, and here we have another opportunity for 3 Guilds to take all the land on an entire server, nice.
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I'm really looking forward to this. ArcheAge is the best MMO I've ever played. But I'm not planning to play it for very long this time.

I think we'll get maybe 2 months of great fun. But then the game will start to go down hill again and it'll be time to move on again.

I think I'll just play very casually this time. I'm not going to get patron or worry about owning land (this update destroys farming, so why bother owning land?).

So I'm just gonna quest and hunt monsters and PvE for as long as I can. But I don't expect to be still playing the game in 6 months time.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

exile01 said:

Lets just forget the mindnumbing pve to lvl 55, where probably 90% quitted before lvl 30.

?i hit 55 on multiple toons and never did a minute of pve... what game were you playing. oh yeah.. sandbox games played by WoW players.. all they know how to do is follow the question marks.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322

Emissary said:

Sounds like progress, but still seems to only be 3 or 4 patches of duct tape on a sinking boat with 15 holes. The land rush is 1 of the top 3 reasons the game was totally pointless, and here we have another opportunity for 3 Guilds to take all the land on an entire server, nice.

guilds have no advantage over you as a solo player at fresh start to get land. Do you thyink you need a guild's help to do the newbie quests?
  • RegnorRegnor Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Kyleran said:
    I won't be surprised if there is a big queue at launch.

Hopefully they aren't selling queue priority.

Actually, they are. If you buy patron for your account, then when the game launches you will have priority in the queue.

This was one of the greatest MMOs of all time IMO, my wife and I played it to death during Alpha, Beta, Launch, and the first fresh start server (Morpheus). We left in disgust at the growing greed and the awfully expensive gear grind that was absolutely necessary to be competitive. Unlike other games, gear is everything in PvP. Sure, skill remains important. But gear makes all the difference in the world and the hoops you have to go through (and pay for) in order to enhance your gear, are just outrageous. And if you don't have the gear, you will get blown away by anyone (including your own faction!) with better gear, and then they'll steal your trade packs. We swore never to come back.

Then we heard about Fresh Start and were intrigued. So we loaded up the Public Test Server and tried out the new races and lands. Slowly, it all came back to us how much we really dislikedTrion and what they did to the game. We decided to stay away, and I'm glad we did.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    DMKano said:
    my guild petitioned for the Rumbling Sappling removal and labor pot changes - i know many others have done so as well - buy it feels good when you see it actually happen.

I can only speak for myself but I am liking the marketplace changes a lot - especially that they are in place for all servers not just fresh start.
    What guild are you with? Are they on Fresh Start?
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    edited December 2016
    Outdated game with boring tabtarget combat. Sorry, but no.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    edited December 2016

I steel remember such minor issues like different loot drop and far worse on Trion server than on Russian one .... and many other issues .

As was said fool me once joke on you fool me twice jokes on me ....

and by the way all these years all theses devs. promised crap and failed at changing anything and i don't talk only about ArchAge

I'll be trying despite my simmering resentment..
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I'm very intrigued to see how the land rush goes. Hopefully it is a fair and hack-free experience.
  • Elysion28Elysion28 Member UncommonPosts: 26
  • swing848swing848 Member UncommonPosts: 292
    I am never coming back to this game. I was burned too badly the first time. And, housing? If you want a game to play and not worry about housing and all the bull you have to deal with - play Dark Age of Camelot, Broadsword has done a lot to improve the game.

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Thats interesting... Why is the video set to private? Then I logged in, and it states its not available.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."