Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you unable to see the live forum feed?

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
I have been unable to see our live forum feed at both MMORPG.com and forums.mmorpg.com and I am trying to find out if this is also affecting other users here. If you are also not seeing the feed, please post in this thread with what you're experiencing,  the browser(s) affected, and your OS.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Affected:  Cannot see the current forum feed and the EDIT button on messages is invisible (but works if you find it).

This is on Chrome with Win7 and also on my Ipad

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    Yea it's an issue on my side too.
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited December 2016
    There's no edit button for some reason o.o I'm using Google Chrome and I'm on Windows Vista on a laptop.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Can you guys post screenshots?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited December 2016
    I can see the feed from the forums tab, but it doesn't show on the home page. Been like that since yesterday. Also, the game buttons on the left side are all blocked out in purple

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

We just made some changes on the backend. Are you still unable to see the feed @Slapshot1188?
    MikeB said:
    We just made some changes on the backend. Are you still unable to see the feed @Slapshot1188?
    I'm on my iPad now and I can see the feed.  I'll check on the desktop in the morning.

Forgrimm said:
    I can see the feed from the forums tab, but it doesn't show on the home page. Been like that since yesterday. Also, the game buttons on the left side are all blocked out in purple

We've fixed the game buttons. Are you seeing this as well?
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I was having problem with that today but naturally it isn't happening now!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited December 2016
    Feed is back again for me.

The game buttons have been there all the time for me and also did reload right away after i manually cleared my browser-cache 2-3 days ago. No problem with them at all.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I'm also affected. I've tried Chrome and Firefox.

I can see it in Internet Explorer.

I"m using Windows 7 and Windows 10.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    MikeB said:
    Forgrimm said:

We've fixed the game buttons. Are you seeing this as well?
    Buttons are fixed, thanks.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited December 2016
    It happens to me randomly quite often, don't causes it. Yesterday couldn't see it all day then during the night it started working again.

Firefox 50.0.2,  win 7 64

Oh also  I can no longer see the EDIT button in top right corner of my posts.  It's still there and I can click on it but it's invisible, I am only able to edit my post because I KNOW it's there.
    Ridelynn

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Should be fixed now.
    EDIT button is fixed for me.  At least on my desktop.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited December 2016
    This is a sneaky way to get us to fess up to our ad blockers (which I never use on this site).

Related image

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    On my IPad I'm unable to see either the new forum posts or the forum list without scrolling past the list of games. Looks like it is just a few dozen pixels too wide.
    Ridelynn
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    The feed is flippant on both the homepage and forum home, sometimes it seems some site elements take too long to load, hence the forum widget never loads.

Another of the things NEVER happen on my side is the supposed auto-refresh. :P
    Slapshot1188
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes it missing as well seems like someone has messed around a bit with the site,so that is where you would look ,with the website coder,he/she should know what he worked on and look there.
    As last poster mentioned,too long to load is fact,so likely coding errors/loops.

As to other poster,no ad blocker is on so that has nothing to do with it.It is common knowledge at this point what websites "all of them" are doing to thwart adblockers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MagararMagarar Member CommonPosts: 8
    no
  • OracleOfTheUnknownOracleOfTheUnknown Member CommonPosts: 15
    well not this one from 2017 :D
  • Cassandra521Cassandra521 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Yes, I am also unable to see the live forum feed. I tried to find the solution but everyone else are also having this issue... Please help to sort this problem. Thanks

Post edited by Cassandra521 on
    Ozmodan
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Actually you are replying to a thread started in 2016, so atm you may be the only person with the issue. 
    Ozmodan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BigBoarBigBoar Member UncommonPosts: 1
    hello
    new here. how can i post? sorry to bother. i can't see the post bar anywhere