Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Was Your First 100% Completed Game?

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    It would have been the first game I played as I always complete them, but no idea what it was.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    vorpal28 said:
    Treasure Island on the Commodore +4
    I clearly remember that mine was bugged at the end or at least impossible to finish. :)
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    H0urg1ass said:
    Pretty sure it was either Kings Quest 3 or Space Quest 1.  Not sure which one I finished first, but I clearly remember finishing Space Quest.  To this day I remember the name of your ship in that game... The Aluminum Mallard.  
    Space Quest had a pretty big impact on me, also. Some of the sequels were pretty well done, too. Space janitor is practically a meme because of that game. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Sid Meiers Pirates - the sword fights were so fun, I had played nothing like that before.

But the one I actually remember being super satisfied with completing was the campaign in Heroes of Might and Magic 2. I thought it was interesting how the story swapped and you played as the bad guys for some of it.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scot said:
    It would have been the first game I played as I always complete them, but no idea what it was.
    Wow! Impressive. I try and complete certain games but rarely seem to find the fortitude to do so. Well done mate! I admire that!
    I have to admit that I've gotten pretty bad at not finishing lately too. In the old days I finished everything but now... I just went back and finished Mass Effect 3 a couple of weeks ago after neglecting it for a couple of years (only to find out I hadn't played enough multiplayer to get the ending I wanted... FML :) ) and I still haven't finished the Witcher 3.

I blame the constant seduction from oodles of new games. In the old days we had enough time between releases that we couldn't help but finish then.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    The Hobbit : Adventure game, spectrum 48k - was second person in world to complete it and missed prize of first place by 1hr or so from phone in line to claim due to of course other person getting there first.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited December 2016
    Iselin said:
    Scot said:
    Wow! Impressive. I try and complete certain games but rarely seem to find the fortitude to do so. Well done mate! I admire that!
    I have to admit that I've gotten pretty bad at not finishing lately too. In the old days I finished everything but now... I just went back and finished Mass Effect 3 a couple of weeks ago after neglecting it for a couple of years (only to find out I hadn't played enough multiplayer to get the ending I wanted... FML :) ) and I still haven't finished the Witcher 3.

I blame the constant seduction from oodles of new games. In the old days we had enough time between releases that we couldn't help but finish then.
    Yeah with things like Steam, GOG and GMG etc..., it's almost impossible to beat everything I own..  The games that took me the longest to complete everything was Shenmue 1+2. As well as Way of the samurai 1 ( I was determined to unlock everything in that game). 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Secret of monkey island on the amiga.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Artwolf said:
    Sid Meiers Pirates - the sword fights were so fun, I had played nothing like that before.

But the one I actually remember being super satisfied with completing was the campaign in Heroes of Might and Magic 2. I thought it was interesting how the story swapped and you played as the bad guys for some of it.

Pirates is a great game!

I self identify as a monkey.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Conan, Golden Axe, Rambo, Dune, UFO, C&C, Lemmings, Settlers, CiV, Ultima, etc.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Was Kings quest 1.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    So many awesome games listed here. :) 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Was proud of myself when I finished this game lol.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    http2bpblogspotcom-FdK-NKm7jPITscLzEcUU9IAAAAAAAAAYUD9-yoFdkOZcs1600doom-background-2-732276jpg

I finished it at least 5 times.
    I was addicted.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited December 2016
    Kings Quest 3 or Budokan, and here I thought I was mentioning some very special games hahaha. Great thread with great titles mentioned!

/Cheers, Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• endazilendazil Member CommonPosts: 6
    @blueturtle13 I think mine was mario for 8 bit nes. Long time ago. :)

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Scot said:
    I cannot not finish any game. Maybe it's a bit mental. But once I get it, gotta finish it >.< Hence I study reviews really carefully!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    I cannot not finish any game. Maybe it's a bit mental. But once I get it, gotta finish it >.< Hence I study reviews really carefully!
    Looking at my bank account and collection of over 900 games on various platforms I wish I was a bit more like you  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Ultima IV was one of the bests within the series, loved it...

Interesting question Turtle. I think of myself as a completionist, but seeing all the answers above it seems I am not, at least not 100% :lol:  Just like with the id titles above (Wolf, Doom, etc), can't even count how many times I've played them through, and sure I've done all 100% chunks at least once during the years, but I think never had one flawless gameplay.

So, I'd put it like this way: I used to play through all my games fully, exploring everything, seeking all the outcomes (if there's multiple endings, etc), getting the 100% of the fun :wink:  but not the dumb or boring part.

In the sense of the thread question, I think the first game where I went the extra miles for the "actual" 100% was Vice City, awesome game with a great setting, still used to play it once in a year :wink:  but I always skip rampages, because those are pointless and stupid. So my 100% there is 100% minus rampages.
    But once, after a playthrough I just thought: well, what the heck, before the uninstall let's just think Tommy went nuts, and let's finish those dumb-pages too. But it gave no fun or a sense of "more completed" than my usual 100%, so it was a one-time event, since then I always leave rampages out. (IV's pigeon shooting was at least fun sometimes, and the car stealing fitted into the story... same for SA's territory war, at least fits into the story)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited December 2016
    I remember!!

Dungeons of Daggeroth on TRS-80.

For the PC it was Leisure Suit Larry or maybe Kings Quest 1, can't recall.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    I remember!!

Dungeons of Daggeroth on TRS-80.

For the PC it was Leisure Suit Larry or maybe Kings Quest 1, can't recall.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Zork
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams