Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.0 Changes and Fresh Start -Return and populate Archeage, for it is awesome now

Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
Let me start this off with saying i was and am a major critic to all things gaming that do not bring enjoyment to the games for the players.

Now many here know how it was with Archeage, the problems it had, and for those who dont, it was plagued with bots, hackers, and p2w.
Overtime Trion/XL saw its wrong ways and has adapted the game to attract more players and improve the overall playerbase.

Now with 3.0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=venmB0gyXEc   we will see changes from the foundations of the game up ,that change the way this game works almost entirely speaking economics, player advancement ,housing, and overall gameplay balance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeyRmkCKsHE

This is some pristine info and they have been very open with the changes and will adapt further to make sure that changes do what was intended over the next several months.

Pros:

>>Housing:  Players will be incited to own only as much as land they really need and can manage, taxes over that will make you actually lose more labor and gold ,than profit.The tax penalty for stacking land will recieve considerable boosts.
This, together with incredible amount of housing space comming up in 3.0 will ensure new players are always welcome in this game and they will have a place to call their home.

>>Crafting:There are many significant changes with 230k being top one, new tiers of items, and the crafting is more balanced with requirements now allowing players to earn more from most crafts opposed to just go trade runs for profit.
Together with gathering crafting should now be a more viable way of profit and gameplay.

>>Larceny:Changes here have removed much of its RNG pain as to what you will get from the coinpurses from killing monsters buffing players with archeum to increase overall chances of players being geared by improving its supply.
Also Chests are more interesting now.

>>Vocation:I will say here what is positive about it, and it is that might create scarcity of some materials which in turn should improve farming/gathering/husbandry difficulty and gold return by significant amount.
There are also changes related to replacing shatigons blessing with bait worms which would allow economy to cycle itself.
Vocation is primarily earned with family dailies now which greatly impact the number of accounts you should play on and lands you should own.
It revolves around players actually playing on the accounts and land they own actively, which in turn will make them consider is it viable to spread time over many characters or just a few.

>>Crime and punishment:Crimes commited ingame will now be considerably more rigorous, but for Pirates they will be more lean, which promotes fairness inside ones faction and population of Pirate faction.

>>Fresh start servers will be entirely balanced to the point F2p players will be on par with Founders and Paying customers for a significant amount of time, untill F2p players advance as enough for the cash shop to be lean with convenience items.
This is not yet determined ,but it should take over several months untill cash shop starts opening up player advancement ways.
Transfers will not be available for about 6 months at the very least.

>>New Races and regions- From what i have seen new races are VERY original and fun to play, their starting zones are stacked with housing space and quest lines adapted to NA/EU regions.

>>Regrading: There is now a way for all players to earn charms which grant you the ability to regrade items with 0 chance of breaking them.
You can now straight up craft Epherium and maybe Dalphinad upgradable gear.

>>New plants:Region restricted high-end tier plants will be available with 3.0

>>Trading: Larders may not be meta anymore since they aside of increased taxes for land now require new rare item to be crafted ,so trading will be so balanced, players will spread around multiple trade routes and therefore more % will be available for everyone.
Normal ,Fertiliser, and Fellowship packs are recieving considerable boosts.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mx_OiBi0vbJpjW8zKcadhQwkHCsQw6kgEBXo_GynK1M/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true 
 for more info check http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?299623-PTS-3.0-Trade-Pack-Values&p=2448360&viewfull=1#post2448360 

>>Social: There is now system related with vocation and family called Community ,where become a resident of one region if you own a house there allowing you to improve that regions community centres. Centres allow you to create special packs and give other intriguing options.

>>Gold and Economy: Hero/Event/Castle/Ghostship gold is being either nerfed or entirely removed ,to grant more value to all actions players make instead of watering down value of gold, which will soon get a boost and dive out of inflation.

>>There are numerous other positive changes please make sure to read patch notes and watch livestreams if interested.

Comments

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Cons:

>>Vocation changes may very well be drastic for legacy servers since they will slow down returning player progress considerably ,opposed to fresh start servers where everyone starts with same progress level.

>>PvP Balance will still be rulled by gear scores where some players have accumulated ALOT of resources ,therefore new players should definitelly play only on new ,fresh start servers, which might be true even for semi-progressed players which had a break from the game.

>>Housing - even though for me subjectively this is incredibly good change, to limit the amount of land one player can own, it will still mean you will have to let go of several of your designs and better manage your land so that you are not overwhelmed with taxes.
    This means players with several large houses or farms will have a hard time.

>>Next tier of crafting proficiency- 230k will be introduced and the existing crafting requirements will be spread over 10-180k requirements which will in turn stop many players from crafting midgame untill they again reach required levels.

The balancing is mainly revolving around fresh start servers which is a good thing, but i can not but have a slight concern about how this will impact legacy servers economy and overall player progression balance, since players who made their gear, designs, items, have had considerably easier time that what 3.0+ players will have to tackle.

I hope i have illuminated things for you a bit, i have played this game on and off for years and this is just the time to return to it, for it is exciting, and i can honestly say, there IS NO LONGER P2W ,at least not nearly as much as it was before to be compared to now, with fresh start servers not having it like,AT ALL.

So go, have that one of a kind rush feeling :) , make friends, explore, and conquer!

And most of all, do not worry about making gold, worry about having fun while making it and theorycrafting !
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Also , should mention this awesome person who gathered and compiled much of the information related to 3.0 that we had to start with https://percymeetsarcheage.wordpress.com/

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Was planning on give a fresh server a go since no decent games released lately but the launch day failure is making me think twice. if the servers actually go up tomorrow will most probably play still but alot of the people who were going to give it another go might not anymore.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Well apparently they failed miserably on there NA launch , with only 1 server running and they plan on shutting down all the NA servers for the nite and going HOme , with very little communication to there community for hours ... Same ole Same ole Trion ................250 pages so far of pissed off people ...

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?301050-ArcheAge-North-America-Revelation-Update-12-10-16-at-1-00-AM-PST-NA-Validation&p=2462554#post2462554

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    They have never had a smooth launch of anything with that game. Initial launch was a disaster and lost 25% of the people who may have wanted t play it right off the bat (they were the smart ones, then they had their first update and that was a failure, then the subsequent 'expansion' was a mess with so much broken and servers going down it was basically the same as this.

People should just forget about archeage and move on.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2016

• Everyone who plays Archeage knows how Archeage is.
    • Everyone got their bodies ready to log-in to fresh start and burn through to get their farm
    • Trion blows the relaunch
    • Servers are down, and you're pissed
    • White knights are telling you to give Trino a break they work soooo hard
    • Trino says "job well done folks, we'll figure the rest out on Sunday or Monday"
    • You got stuff to do on Sunday and work on Monday
    • There will be no land for you
    • Welcome to the rest of your life, behind the ball...
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    This a P2W game plan an simple.  Hell Trion is not even caring that all their NA servers are down.  Why is that?  Simple they are not making any money off the game anymore because the people that spent a ton of money have no one to kill endlessly so they are done spending any money.  Truth is you cannot have F2P with a Sandbox MMO Period you can argue all you want for F2P, it just does not work because people with wallets will fuck up the game for everyone else.  Then everyone who does not have thousands of dollars to spend on a game will leave, the people that spent the money will stop spending the money.  So what happens you stop making money.   P2P is the ONLY way to go with a sandbox because you either pay and get access or dont pay, everyone is on the same dam footing and YES time plays a factor it in but also your skills on your character and your people skills can over come anyone who spends 16 hours a day playing.  
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    So they lost around 99% of their customers, servers are mostly bots and some people who spent a lot of money trying to stick to their characters...

A little bit too late... at least they got some positive changes, maybe the next game they launch wont be so bad. It is funny how they went from hundreds of servers to only a few servers... I hope you guys made enough money selling those labor point potions...
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    Brings back memories of the good ol days when the game launched.. Its been 2 years and they still cant get it right lol
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

and i can honestly say, there IS NO LONGER P2W ,at least not nearly as much as it was before to be compared to now, with fresh start servers not having it like,AT ALL.

Look, guys, listen... we soaked all of the whales for all the money they would give us.  Now everyone else has left the game and the whales have stopped spending, so we're relaunching the game to make it not pay to win... so we can soak the rest of you for any money you might have spent two years ago.

So please come back.  Please.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    umm one day or two of a not smooth launch is fine. i guess you haven't worked around IT in real life.  its hardcore.  so cut ppl some slack.  otherwise every IT person on earth would be fired and out of their job in their first 3 months.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    time007 said:
    umm one day or two of a not smooth launch is fine. i guess you haven't worked around IT in real life.  its hardcore.  so cut ppl some slack.  otherwise every IT person on earth would be fired and out of their job in their first 3 months.  
    I guess this is your first time playing Archeage. 
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DurandleDurandle Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited December 2016
    i will admit, it is tempting to go fresh start...i would of never considered otherwise. I played archeage after the game released, and I had a lot of fun for the first couple months. Getting one of the first thunderstrucks out of my entire guild was an insane good feeling, and I liked the pvp. But I can't remember what exactly it was that they introduced...some kind of thing you could buy that just turned the tables on the economy. One day, I was doing quite well with the gold i had, then by the end of the week the gold i had was worthless after working so hard cuz as the whales came out in full force. I quit that week and never looked back.

but yeah, a lot others probably did the same. Maybe they learned? idk, might give em another chance. Yeah they might screw it up again, and if they do ill just quit again. But until they do it should be fun :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    time007 said:
    I guess this is your first time playing Archeage. 
    If its the IT guys fault that the servers are down, then chances are they will be replaced, because when clusterfracks like that happen, people do get fired. :o
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    why am i so stupid yet again to download any crap that trion marketing..

i downloaded the game.. and now im stuck in que for 2 hours already.

can someone explain to me wtf is wrong is me?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    why am i so stupid yet again to download any crap that trion marketing..

i downloaded the game.. and now im stuck in que for 2 hours already.

can someone explain to me wtf is wrong is me?

That must be the Euro fresh start server then, as the NA servers are still down.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    I gave it a shot and I don't regret it so far. Dwarf hype is forever.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I gave it a shot and I don't regret it so far. Dwarf hype is forever.

Made 2 chars, dwarf and warborn played a bit with both..

I picked the Warborn :proud: :expressionless:

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    damn, offline, surely 2000 person Q's tomorrow

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    only one server, very long queues on EU, all start is about land rushing and apex, only thing you can see in chat is WTB WTS apex or WTS gilda stars, that's it...i loved this game in alpha but this game will never be again as alpha game..would only play as sub game for all
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited December 2016
    I think once a community has ruined a game it does not improve with restarts. They just follow to the new servers and spread their disease. They should have a sub only server and no cash shop at all with a sub of $20 or $30 then you have a chance to purge the bad elements.

I cannot understand why companies don't have a sub only server with the F2P servers side by side with a high sub to make up for the cash shop. I bet people would pay the sub and play happily.
    NagilumSadow

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    If you really look at the changes and pay attention.  They do not help players but help trion make even more money from the players they have left.  And well we all know how that bullcrap turned out because they opened the cash shop just moments before the new server launch so they could sell some of those progression boosters.  The sub fee wasn't enough for them.  Its how they have always been and I don't expect them to change.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    kertin said:
    only one server, very long queues on EU, all start is about land rushing and apex, only thing you can see in chat is WTB WTS apex or WTS gilda stars, that's it...i loved this game in alpha but this game will never be again as alpha game..would only play as sub game for all

Not that much :P 

• Zer0KZer0K Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I kinda wonder...  So, 6-9 months later on, on the fresh start servers, how will a new player coming into that server at that time, let's say 9 months later, have a balanced experience?
    I mean PvP is one thing, but if you get most of the players all geared up on the high seas, and you're a lowly noob that's only 40 levels in with basic gear, how do you compete?

So, that's when they bring in all the items that you'll need to buy on the cash shop to help accelerate and fill the gap in order to compete?  1-2 years down the road, the server is in the same place as legacy servers anyways? (basically).

In a way, I like what GW2 did with their PvP WvW.  However, I'm not sure that's the answer for this type of game.
    How about help scale lower-level players to have at least more of a fighting chance compared to a decked out player/whale?
    Maybe have negative points or something if you kill someone over a certain percentage lower than you.  Objective is to amass kill points that help raise your total which helps give you perks towards kewl game items.  If you kill lower level players that aren't within the 'scale range', then you'll get hit with penatlies that reduce your points.  So much so, that players won't want to go after lower level players due to the loss of points.  The stuff you can get with your points is more enticing.

Like GW2, maybe you can TAKE DOWN your opponent and incapacitate them for a while (if they're lower level), but if you put on a killing blow, that's where you lose your PvP points with a major penalty.
    Got a dc, now im n400, damn