Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyblivion Update Trailer - Return To Cyrodiil - MMORPG.com News

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSkyblivion Update Trailer - Return To Cyrodiil - MMORPG.com News

TESRenewal, the team at work creating Skyblivion with the Skyrim builder tools, has released a brand new trailer to show the most recent progress on Return to Cyrodiil. The team is looking forward to 2017 and continuing its work on the project that includes focused effort on quests, scripting, an Oblivion-inspired UI and much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    I don't even understand what this is, what game is this about/for. Clarity is better when you start pushing names together like skyblivion and the like.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016

wyldmagik said:

I don't even understand what this is, what game is this about/for. Clarity is better when you start pushing names together like skyblivion and the like.

Sky(rim) meets (O)blivion. The TES in TESRenewal is short for The Elder Scrolls. The article is about a project being undertaken by moders. If you click on the link you will get more info.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    This just looks so good!! *Sigh* I just loved Oblivion.. (especially Shivering Isle)

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited December 2016
    So this mod is for Skyrim or Oblivion game which game can you use it for when it's done ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    gervaise1 said:

wyldmagik said:

Sky(rim) meets (O)blivion. The TES in TESRenewal is short for The Elder Scrolls. The article is about a project being undertaken by moders. If you click on the link you will get more info.
    Thanks.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Gorwe said:

cheyane said:

So this mod is for Skyrim or Oblivion game which game can you use it for when it's done ?

Skyrim. Just like Skywind is a recreation of (Morro)wind in a Sky(rim) engine / game exe. Basically:

Skyblivion = Sky(rim) + (O)blivion
    Skywind = Sky(rim) + (Morro)wind
    ; both playable in Skyrim once done or fit to release for the public.

You will need both Skyrim and Oblivion and or Morrowind to play them. They draw on assets from both games.

• PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Wow, Generodil has never looked so gene.... Well, you get it. Weakest entry in the series.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520

wyldmagik said:

In this case, your ignorance will garner a huge facepalm from most readers.
  • Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Still better than ESO will ever be

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I've heard about Skyblivion (and Skywind from the same modders) a couple of years ago and I thought Skyblivion was dead by now. Good to see that it's still alive and kicking. Sadly though they're modding for Oblivion, which is IMO the worst of the Elder Scrolls RPGs. I'd rather have seen them continuing/finishing Skywind.
  • RubrubgrrRubrubgrr Member UncommonPosts: 75
    They are doing both. As oblivion was/is the smaller of the 2 it will be, and is closer to being, finished first. A phenomenal effort from these guys taking on such a humongous labor of love with this project. Very much looking forward to this when it's completed. I really hope there will be an option to multiplayer LAN as well. :) <3
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited December 2016
    Oblivion was by far the biggest of the 3. It's landmass is almost 3x bigger than Morrowind. However it didn't seem that way, due to Morrowind's mountains and painfully slow run speed.

As for the topic. Hope they don't try to push it into the multiplayer territory, or Zenimax will immediately put them down (they might anyway if they gather high numbers).
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    josko9 said:
    Oblivion was by far the biggest of the 3. It's landmass is almost 3x bigger than Morrowind. However it didn't seem that way, due to Morrowind's mountains and painfully slow run speed.

As for the topic. Hope they don't try to push it into the multiplayer territory, or Zenimax will immediately put them down (they might anyway if they gather high numbers).
    I doubt they will as there really isn't a successful "multiplayer" version of any of the attempts. Successful in the sense that it actually works the way the game should work but still have an extra person or "persons". I saw one that was close but it was more for the novelty of just having someone else around.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo