Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer has no objection to allowing high donating players have GM accounts. Not P2W... LOL

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
Caspien " While I have no plan to do so... I have no objection to allowing the highly influential players to log off of their primary accounts and log in under a GM account to RP a Vice/Virtue."

Note: Influence points (IP) can be purchased for cash.  

As a reference this came about because of a Discord uproar over his intention to allow a certain player to purchase multiple Kingdoms on the same server (at $10k a pop).  Apparently according to Caspien in the thread the guy donated over $40,000.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14989/equity-vs-fairness?page=2#post156511

Keep in mind this is a full PvP game of territory control.  I'm sure you can trust a guy who paid $40,000 for your game not to take advantage of having GM access to the same game... 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    40k is a lot of money . People expect something in return.

Let us know when you put down 40k and expect, to be just another player..
    I like games where everyone is on even footing.  Who wants to play tennis with someone who paid for the court and expects to affect the game because of it.    He has that right but he won't be playing with many people.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2016
    The irony is a stance like that may turn away  more in potential customers , than the 40k itself , I wouldnt touch a game that allowed that...
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

There needs to be rules and regulations, otherwise the game becomes an uneven playing field.  If anyone is allowed to influence the game because they paid for it, then the game will be in disarray.  Employees should be the only people who have that much influence.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That would move him up from just player to investor and since he won't be getting a percentage of the profits, which he should have negotiated for, he should get some perks.  But yep it's P2W.  Especially if he's the head of a large guild.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
     Now that's some scary p2w right there......this game keeps looking worse and worse.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

I have much, much, much ,more that that invested in ATVI , EA , FCMKF .. etc .. but i have never ever expected , asked or been offered anything more than being just another player .
    edited December 2016
    My god just looked at that thread and the people there.......delusional.  This game screams stay away right now lmao!

Hope to god those that put money in this that haven't drunk the cool aid get refunds pronto!

Who woulda thought it...Star Citizen has been one upped!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    When you add in need for money and willing to put it up for a price you end up with such. It will burn them in the end though.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    :) The wonders of crowd funding.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is truly sickening to witness what is happening to morals and gaming and the world in general.
    People have no problem at all lying or deceiving customers to fill their greedy pockets with money.
    Then we see petty,pitiful things like "your banned because you said something bad' or don't talk about political but it is ok to lie and steal from your fellow man/women,morals of people are way off in left field somewhere.
    There should be a definitive number set by LAW,that number like all things in life should have leeway to cover unexpected overhead and costs like idk maybe 10-15%.

You have to file for a license to start crowd funding,determine said cost and that is it,no more taking free money from naive gamer's to simply fill your greedy pocket.

I said it years ago that when Smedley started cash shop gaming in EQ2,it was a dark path leading to far worse times in gaming.You open that door and it never closes and then you can NEVER trust that developer/publisher,things can change at any moment and ruin your entire game.

There are legal government offices you can complain to,file complaints based on misrepresentation and deceitful marketing.The FTC for example like many offices are lazy ass hats ,however if they see a large lawsuit,they will jump in,although the end result is usually a monetary settlement which proves how crooked the entire world is.Just like drug pharmacies being sued,they NEVER get closed down,it is just a $$$ settlement then carry on as usual.

How about when a so called Eve employee was found corrupt,lmao >>>cover up,how naive of people to think it was only one person taking the fall?No different than the HAsbro lawsuit where one guy took the fall and a nice tidy settlement was made with the government.The world is a VERY crooked place and i sadly feel MOST do not know how bad it really is.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I said it once and I'll say it again...It was obvious from the start this game was uncreative, had no potential, and would only get worse.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited December 2016
    Torval said:
    The game is very creative with lots of potential. That's not where the problems lie.
    I agree.  The problem is not a lack of creativity, it's the opposite.  There is a lack of realism regarding what is actually possible to achieve and what time that will take. 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    edited December 2016
    Shit! 

We've always said, the game is fair but not equitable. Fair by definition relates to the rules of the system. The rules are the same for everyone... But it is not equitable. Not everyone is born into the same wealthy family. Not everyone will have access to the same resources. Not everyone will have access to Talents or Magic. Not everyone will achieve the same level of fame and infamy.... the game is not equitable. But what it is, is... a world like you've never seen or imagined in a game before.

Yes it's a game like we've never seen or imagined in a game before , since people can pay huge fucking money to be powerful. 

Is this guy serious ? I mean sure, not everyone it's equal, but damn, let them earn that power in-game , by playing or such , not pay PAYING 10-20-30-40k $ .

Also, he's talking that not everyone is born into the same wealthy family! He is talking about a FRESH game where everyone starts from zero yet he's bullshiting us with real world comparation! ... nice

In top of this, what is really really sad, is the reply's from other players : 

I'm comfortable with the OP -- I wouldn't have backed the game otherwise :) ( the smile is user smile , not mine )

Someone has to have the kingdoms or they dont. If one player wants the task at trying to run all these places why not, it adds more content to the game. - The IDontCareSinceIWillAlsoBuyKingdoms-EvilFace

Will I agree with you ShadowTani, one thing to remember is that IF Caspian and SBS did allow someone to DM the world, they would be someone that they knew they could trust. I have no doubt they would also be checking to make sure that that person wasn't abusing - The Naive

personally i'm good with it

i have zero problem that somebody can buy 2 kingdoms and house a ton of dukes at game launch whilst others will struggle to fill a hamlet

i'm fine if in time one group dominates the server - on a map of this size and scale there is ALWAYS going to be the rogue element that have immeasurable amounts of fun playing the underdog

and as in r/l, empires come and go - looking forward to it all - The BlindKnight

Last sad part is :

There is your numero one, lady's and gentleman's ! And on my topic about the downfall "MMo's needs to have a crash" , people were going insane and call me crazy and saying that MMO's are in a good shape today.

...right!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    This is the kind of crap that is on the table when an almost broke indie is trying to put together an MMORPG on the cheap (after making tons of promises they can't keep) as opposed to a real company.

Can't say I ever saw SE or Funcom or even SOE (and didn't Smed clutch every dollar there that he could) suggest they would do such a thing.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I predict " strange " happenings similar to those in Mortal Online when normal players were granted GM accounts.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    How very Orwellian.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    edited December 2016
    Looks like the developer is doubling down and actually calling some of his diehard fans hypocrites for objecting to giving GM accounts to players.:

"That being said, I was fairly surprised by the responses I saw. There were quite a few hypocrites that revealed themselves. The same people who say "I understand letting players begin the game as Kings to shape the world" said "I don't believe players should have so much control." The same people who said "I recognize that players becoming liches, vampires, etc. provides conflict for others" said "RP'ing as a Vice/Virtue is too OP." And the same people who said "I agree with letting players take the place of NPCs because they're smarter and more challenging" said "I'd never want another player to take the place of the most powerful NPCs."

Well, you've kinda missed the point of this game I'm afraid. If there are such a thing as Vices... they're trying to conquer the world.. they're trying to destroy you, corrupt you, use you, and become the most powerful beings in the world...

Who better to do that than other players? You think the Ancients or Vices are fair? You think we're not going to code them to be forces of utter destruction? Stop worrying about other players and the power they have, and start worrying about what we're planning to do to your worlds. :-)"

Wow...  just... WOW.

The people he has as Community Managers (I think 2 of them including his wife), need to sit him down in a corner and tell him NOT to interact externally except through his blogs.  He has some of the thinnest skin I've seen for a developer and has yet to learn that attacking your player base very rarely ends positively.

Looks like the developer is doubling down and actually calling some of his diehard fans hypocrites for objecting to giving GM accounts to players.:

"That being said, I was fairly surprised by the responses I saw. There were quite a few hypocrites that revealed themselves. The same people who say "I understand letting players begin the game as Kings to shape the world" said "I don't believe players should have so much control." The same people who said "I recognize that players becoming liches, vampires, etc. provides conflict for others" said "RP'ing as a Vice/Virtue is too OP." And the same people who said "I agree with letting players take the place of NPCs because they're smarter and more challenging" said "I'd never want another player to take the place of the most powerful NPCs."

Well, you've kinda missed the point of this game I'm afraid. If there are such a thing as Vices... they're trying to conquer the world.. they're trying to destroy you, corrupt you, use you, and become the most powerful beings in the world...

Who better to do that than other players? You think the Ancients or Vices are fair? You think we're not going to code them to be forces of utter destruction? Stop worrying about other players and the power they have, and start worrying about what we're planning to do to your worlds. :-)"

Wow...  just... WOW.

The people he has as Community Managers (I think 2 of them including his wife), need to sit him down in a corner and tell him NOT to interact externally except through his blogs.  He has some of the thinnest skin I've seen for a developer and has yet to learn that attacking your player base very rarely ends positively.

I know right, when I saw that I was like what the hell?  Maybe he should look in a mirror and ban himself!
     lol

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People don't like corporate products because they are controlled, but at least they get made. This is your alternative to that, so ask yourselves if its honestly worth it. Only a handful see the light of day.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Torval said:

I would want something back for a $40k investment too, 
    I agree. . I also know (well  .. . .assume) that you would know what you were getting before you invested :)   I think it is pretty bad practice to invest 40k and then ask for things :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    They seriously need a PR guy, this should be their first priority.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    But hey what could possibly go wrong?

GM Discord anyone?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    If this bothers you:

Step 1 - Underatand that real life principals and those surrounding a video game may be different.

Step 2 - Play on another server.

Step 3 - Be stoked as #%$& that one person spent 40k in development money on a title you want to see come to fruition.

I get it I really do but sometimes perspective is a fickle thing.