Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So they killed the game.... for me and many others....

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Ever since 7.1 released many people are having horrible zoning times depending on how populated the new area is...  Zoning into Dalaran can take upm to 30 minutes for some...

And none are working it, under investigation says Blizzard for a whole week, and now they are all partying at Blizzcon... 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    my zoning issues have been significantly less recently....
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Horusra said:
    my zoning issues have been significantly less recently....
    Anything you changed to your setup?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I haven't had any issues, but I'm on a fresh WoW install. And I installed WoW to my ssd.

Supposedly some mods are/were causing issues for people. Not sure if you use addons or not.

The other thing that fixed it for some people was reinstalling WoW completely fresh install. That is a long process and uses a lot of bandwidth though.

The other thing are certain hardware configurations. People with AMD video cards reported earlier this month a lot of issues with AMD cards with WoW. I use Nvidia, so I dunno how accurate that is. Something about drivers or whatever that came out, if you recently updated and use AMD.

I haven't heard many issues overall though, but it does seem to be a small percentage of people having major issues for some reason. Which even if its not the majority, is still a big problem till its fixed or people find out what is actually the source of the problem.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited December 2016
    I'm not running any add-ons right now and Blizzard still doesn't know what the problem is. 

145-page thread on this and still growing as of DEC 10. The game is just not playable for me in it's present state. 

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749718759?page=145

This poster Lalovzki has a theory, but I don't know if it's true or not. I hope not.

"I took a tour here cause I posted in this thread....40 pages ago....I know Blizzard is well known for their lack of communication with their customers but this is ridiculous...
    A friend of mine that is a Developer for Epic Games, told me that they have been reviewing the problem on their own, and that what they have noticed is a huge problem with the game Engine and how it interacts with the Vram and Disc Usage, he and I have been working together (Hes a programmer im an IT Engineer) and we have noticed that in almost all kind's of storage (HDD SDD HSDD) the game cannot properly use the data stored in the devices and cannot translate it into the gpu, causing large loading times. Unfortunately, we cannot touch any of it because it is Blizzard's property, we can only watch it from the Final User's end because of TOA.

Our Conclusion:
    We can only say that, the game was released with a problem that cant be solved with anything else that a huge patch, and probably wont be fixed until next Xpac."

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Well my GF and I are on similar hardware (I built them both around the same time) and have had zero loading issues...we are on win 8 not sure if it is maybe a win 10 issue.
    azurrei said:
    Well my GF and I are on similar hardware (I built them both around the same time) and have had zero loading issues...we are on win 8 not sure if it is maybe a win 10 issue.
    I'm on win 10. I'm glad you guys are able to play. I'm thinking about reinstalling as none of the other fixes suggested have worked. 

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    For all the money this studio has, this game is third rate at this point. I enjoyed Legion, it was a fun for awhile, some cool new stuff, but basically more of the same.

The things that turn me off are Wow's UI, general clunkiness, load times, the necessity for addons which only serve to bloat the experience and segment the community. And also the fact that WoW has abandoned the actual World of warcraft in favor of a few "max level zones". So bored running the same instances, and doing dailies in the same zones over and over again.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Legion got me back into WoW after I quit in 2007. However, I have since quit. It isn't anything new. Artifacts were fun for a bit but it just turns out it's even more limiting than the game used to be. 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Ever since 7.1 released many people are having horrible zoning times depending on how populated the new area is...  Zoning into Dalaran can take upm to 30 minutes for some...

And none are working it, under investigation says Blizzard for a whole week, and now they are all partying at Blizzcon... 
    30min to zone into Dalaran? Sounds like a you problem to me. Takes me about 10 seconds, if that.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    edited December 2016
    Any type of repair option or client check option on the launcher?  Sorry I don't play wow but it sounds like a client error to me.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016
    There certainly are some unhelpful replies in this thread!
    Fortunately there are one or two actually offering suggestions. 

The OP (  Lord.Bachus ) is not delusional. Irritated I suspect but not delusional. For some this has been going for a while. As  per the last communication (7th December) the current state of play - as per Blizzard - is still "we need info":

Posted by Halkriel
    Hey folks, 

I know this has been ongoing for quite some time now and is extremely frustrating. Let me just start by again saying, truly thank you all thus far for sticking with us and helping to work towards a resolution of this issue. 

So that we can further investigate we'd like to get some more data from those of you that are having loading screens over 5 minutes specifically for the time being:

**Please make sure that your last login was a longer loading time than normal before submitting the data below**
    <snip - how to get to WoW folder>

Now that you're at the World of Warcaft folder, here's the information we are going to need: 
    • First file we need is the Config.WTF file. This can be found inside your World of Warcraft folder then open the WTF folder.
    • Next, Inside the World of Warcraft folder we want the entire Logs and Errors folders.
    • After this your (link removed) DXDiag [/url]system report.
    • Last how long does it take to load in?

Once that is all added to a .zip file, please email it to [email protected] with the subject: [Long Loading Times] - Client Information.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I've had ZERO Wow issues for almost a month now....I stopped playing about a month ago. ;)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Best expansion I have not played, hands down. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    JDis25 said:
    For all the money this studio has, this game is third rate at this point. I enjoyed Legion, it was a fun for awhile, some cool new stuff, but basically more of the same.

The things that turn me off are Wow's UI, general clunkiness, load times, the necessity for addons which only serve to bloat the experience and segment the community. And also the fact that WoW has abandoned the actual World of warcraft in favor of a few "max level zones". So bored running the same instances, and doing dailies in the same zones over and over again.
    The game is 12+ years old.  I doubt the things you're talking about will be changed.  Specifically how the game feels to you and the UI (which can be changed with mods).  Maybe you feel this way because you've played a lot newer games that don't have the issues you feel WoW does.  So when you come back it's exponentially worse.  I don't know, just a thought.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Sounds like some kind of driver that is not agreeing with wow.  There has to be something everyone has in common.  I'd say its either a cpu,gpu compatibility issue.  Highly unlikely but could also just be a storage device issue as well.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    I don't know, but I uninstalled and re-installed and seems to work fine now. I'm not sure if this is just a temporary solution, but no problems all morning.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    90% of the time zoning time issues are caused by add-ons.  If you are having long loading time turn off all add-ons and see if it improves.  Every add-on you run increase the load time.  This is a known issue and has been for many years.  If you are not running add-ons  it is still most likely on your end.  Could be something as simple as driver error, wouldn't believe how many people do not do clean installs when they update which can actually lead to issues just like this one. 

First I would say go to:
    http://eu-looking-glass.battle.net/

Don't know why I saved the Europe on but just change it to your region.  Run the test.  It will let you know if you have connection issues.

If there is no connection issues then it is computer issue.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016
    k61977 said:
    90% of the time zoning time issues are caused by add-ons.  If you are having long loading time turn off all add-ons and see if it improves.  Every add-on you run increase the load time.  This is a known issue and has been for many years.  If you are not running add-ons  it is still most likely on your end.  Could be something as simple as driver error, wouldn't believe how many people do not do clean installs when they update which can actually lead to issues just like this one. 

First I would say go to:
    http://eu-looking-glass.battle.net/

Don't know why I saved the Europe on but just change it to your region.  Run the test.  It will let you know if you have connection issues.

If there is no connection issues then it is computer issue.

Blizzard have acknowledged this issue and its been on-going since at least October. Its not as simple as an add-on.

And this was the 6th December post by Blizzard:
    Posted by Zuvykree
    Howdy All! 

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help us look into this issue by running the Repair tool and providing your feedback. This feedback has been sent to our developers for review. We will continue to update this thread when ever we find any possible workarounds or have any news to share after our developers have reviewed this feedback.