Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was wrong, I can't wait to play this

ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
I initially though this was going to be just a console game. I now think that for my small group this game could be epic. It looks like you can have your own server and form a small band of intimates with whom you strive against a brutal world without the evil of strangers asshatting you. BUT, if you want asshat excitement they have that too. I liked Age of Conan and especially it's art design and music. I think these guys can deliver a great Conan experience. 

It looks like dancers can be used to cure madness inflicted by seeing supernatural stuff, so they even worked in the Cthulhu feel and have entertainers like another favorite game of mine.  

In addition the sandstorm that can kill you was another nice touch. I can't wait to see that hulking Cimmerian with his thews of steel and animal sense of justice. Hopefully there are maidens in need of protecting.  
MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    My interest definitely continues to go up, assuming I can find an asshat free environment to play on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Kyleran said:
    My interest definitely continues to go up, assuming I can find an asshat free environment to play on.
    I may be mistaken but aren't you a big supporter asshatville I mean Eve? 

I too will be playing exiles on an asshat free server. 
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I feel like they made a good choice in letting players sequester themselves if they want to do that. I imagine after I learn the game I will venture in to the environment with players I don't know in RL, but I don't want to learn the game while being hunted. I figure that I should give something like this a chance because true MMORPGs have not been cutting it for me lately, but I don't want a SPRPG. If the server that me and my friends inhabit is persistent it will be great. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Archlyte said:
    I initially though this was going to be just a console game. I now think that for my small group this game could be epic. It looks like you can have your own server and form a small band of intimates with whom you strive against a brutal world without the evil of strangers asshatting you. BUT, if you want asshat excitement they have that too. I liked Age of Conan and especially it's art design and music. I think these guys can deliver a great Conan experience. 

It looks like dancers can be used to cure madness inflicted by seeing supernatural stuff, so they even worked in the Cthulhu feel and have entertainers like another favorite game of mine.  

In addition the sandstorm that can kill you was another nice touch. I can't wait to see that hulking Cimmerian with his thews of steel and animal sense of justice. Hopefully there are maidens in need of protecting.  

Unless I am wrong, you do have to wait!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GamingWorthyGamingWorthy Member UncommonPosts: 6
    @Archlyte You are not the only one! Have been keeping my eye on this for a while.. Love the Conan universe!
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'm definitely going to play this. Looking for more playmates and there's going to be a launch party and we'll do EA giveaways and free lap-dances by hairy men cause that's the Conan way!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    edited January 2017
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Kyleran said:

Yeah, but they are easily avoidable in EVE, not always true in some games.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Yeah, but they are easily avoidable in EVE, not always true in some games.

As long as there is one pimple faced Goon around, there will always be an asshat.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA