Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ronda Rousey & Vin Diesel Are WoW Buds - Conan O'Brien - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Wizardry said:
    Cool story but the real funny thing is that as nerdy as Rhonda sounds here,Conan actually sounds like a complete dumbass nerd.
    Even when i despised gaming,i thought it was for little kids,i still understood gaming,knew it was there,Conan must live under a rock if he doesn't know anything about Wow.

Hi my name is Conan,i only know what i rehearsed prior to airing,anything else ..."i haven't got a clue"....Oh wait is Trump president,i thought it was still that peanut guy.
    When did you ever stop despising games?  I see no proof from your posts.
  • AsgrimAsgrim Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Robin Williams was a regular DAOC player back in the day. RIP.
    Torval said:
    BruceYee said:
    Vince Vaughn was in my friend's guild on Blackrock during TBC.
    I like him in 4 Christmases. Funny movie.

It's cool to hear celebs can hop into an mmo and just enjoy themselves. I remember this coming up a few years ago and there was a list of celebs that played different mmos, but I never think about it when I'm playing.

I don't know much about Ronda Rousey other than she's a martial artist, but I'm a huge Vin Diesel fan. He kicks ass. I really appreciate that he's public about his gaming and interests and he's considerate.
    "I know my Truth!"
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garrosh/Lunya/simple

her toon, she still plays but really slowly obviously because shes a busy person.
    I thought she plays a rogue now?
    This is the only toon she has admitted was hers in the armory that I've seen. So no idea.
    Fair enough.  She said in the video Vin convinced her to try a Rogue and she loved it.  I'm guessing she is keeping that secret close and not letting the cat out of the bag on that one lol.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Yes she is paid to say that. After this interview her fans flooded Blizzard to play the game no one ever heard of before to become cool like her.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    This celebrities love WoW so much they did this for free.

Atlan99 said:

I guess when Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda, he was paid to do it right?
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

Grunty said:

People play games.  Some of those people are well known around the world.  Gaming is not and has never been exclusive to nerds and geeks.  Get over it.

yea i'm just over here like who cares were all humans regardless of what our paychecks say,if she said she played something not so mainstream i would care more maybe.
  • GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    wouldn't be surprised if some of us have done a dungeon run with famous people and did not know about it.. 
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    wouldn't be surprised if some of us have done a dungeon run with famous people and did not know about it.. 
    or killed one in open world pvp

Atlan99 said:

I guess when Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda, he was paid to do it right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_(given_name)
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Dave Chappelle used to be a Troll in my guild. I used to live in Yellow Springs Ohio where Dave is lives and has homes. We met at Barnes and Noble and started playing together.

Troll like the race? Or Troll like an Internet Troll? Lol

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I knew there was something about Ronda I always liked... this must be it :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

DMKano said:

Iselin said:

I knew there was something about Ronda I always liked... this must be it :)

haha, I still think my favorite part is her Holm fight

boom! lights out

Dec.30 might be the date of her retirement. Nunes can hit harder than Holm even if she isn't as technical.
    Atlan99 said:

Atlan99 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_(given_name)
    Not exactly sure what you're trying to get at here.  Maybe you can elaborate a bit more.
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Vin has been playing since near the beginning. I'm actually surprised he's still playing. Good for him though.
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Vin Diesel talked about playing WoW on the Jonathan Ross show in the UK about 5 years ago, Jonathan Ross also mentioned his wife and daughter played as well.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

Atlan99 said:

Scorchien said:

Atlan99 said:

I'm guessing she is being paid to say she plays WoW.

no

Yes. It's called native advertising. It's much more common than you think.

rubs hands together, oooh conspiracy theory!
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Poor thing got knocked out in seconds. It seems she is better at Judo than boxing and it was not a good idea for her to try boxing but she made the sport popular with her participation.
    Chamber of Chains
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    cheyane said:
    Poor thing got knocked out in seconds. It seems she is better at Judo than boxing and it was not a good idea for her to try boxing but she made the sport popular with her participation.
    Off topic: Knocked out cold twice in a row for trying to be a boxer. Her cockiness gets over her head and as a result i really enjoyed her two KO losses, specially if the winner is a humble fighter like Holly and Amanda. So satisfying. She made more money than the champion for being a tv star. I think she wont be a top fighter again.

On topic: Maybe she will retire and begin streaming WoW on Twitch? lol

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Atlan99 said:
    I'm guessing she is being paid to say she plays WoW.

I don't like WoW. So no one should!

That's how you sound. Like a child.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    cheyane said:
    Off topic: Knocked out cold twice in a row for trying to be a boxer. Her cockiness gets over her head and as a result i really enjoyed her two KO losses, specially if the winner is a humble fighter like Holly and Amanda. So satisfying.

I LOVED every single one of those 48 seconds.