Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fresh Start might actually work. (edited)

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    rodarin said:
    You can either be a land baron and make a lot of money (without much to spend it on)...
    WOAH! Stop everything! Not a lot to spend money on in ArcheAge?! I have heard a lot of crazy things said about ArcheAge but THIS is by far the craziest!

The limitless gear grind aside there is:

Boats
    Bigger Boats
    Super Rare Boats Even Entire Guilds Can't Afford
    Submarines
    Boat regrades
    Houses
    Bigger Houses
    Even Bigger Houses
    OMG Why Would You Ever Need a House That Big?
    Housing Decorations
    Pets
    Pet Armor
    Mounts
    Mount Armor
    Cars
    Nicer Cars
    Skateboards
    Costumes
    Gliders
    Rare Gliders
    That One Super Rare Glider That's Immune to Ocean Turbulence I've Never Seen Anyone With
    Custom Capes
    Custom Sails
    Custom Housing Decorations
    That One Dude Who's Supposedly a Chick and Will Pay to Cyber With You
    That One Dude Who Writes Fanfics About Your Cyber Experiences
    Making it Rain

If you can't find things to spend money on in ArcheAge, you aren't even trying. Conan or Carebear I don't see how you could ever run out of things to spend money on

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    rodarin said:
    Might as well sign up for Twitch or Myth RP ARK servers those start over every 6 weeks or so.

But like I said you might as well play a 'survival' game on servers that reset every couple months.
    only those survival games have all been shit since we got tired in H1Z1.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    rodarin said:
    Might as well sign up for Twitch or Myth RP ARK servers those start over every 6 weeks or so.

But like I said you might as well play a 'survival' game on servers that reset every couple months.
    Yet ARK and Rust both remain on the top 10 in steam for the past year.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited December 2016
    Anyone know the highest gearscore you can get from obsidian.  And how much gold/time would that require?  Can you buy obsidian gear from AH?  And Obsidian does not have a chance to explode when trying  to upgrade it?  And did they get rid of the t2,t3 Hasla weapons?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    filmoret said:
    Anyone know the highest gearscore you can get from obsidian.  And how much gold/time would that require?  Can you buy obsidian gear from AH?  And Obsidian does not have a chance to explode when trying  to upgrade it?
    You can craft obsidian gear yourself or buy from the AH. It has a chance to downgrade while doing regrading attempts up to a certain grade, then a chance to be destroyed when attempting to go higher. When I last played, anything up to celestial was safe from destruction and could only downgrade on regrade attempts. Once you get to divine and up, it can be destroyed on a regrade failure. The strategy was always to regrade the item as high as you could at tier 1 obsidian, where the regrade cost was the cheapest. Then once you get the grade you're comfortable with, then you upgrade to T2, T3, etc. Gearscore will vary depending on grade, gems socketed, etc.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Ask not how how much of a grind it is to reach Obsidian.  Ask how much grinding ye shall be doing to progress further after you actually reach it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2016
    filmoret said:
    rodarin said:

Yet ARK and Rust both remain on the top 10 in steam for the past year.
    Well, I consider most games on Steam crap, so makes sense really.

:p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The fresh start doesnt matter, its the setup that screws the pooch in this game...THe forced PVP from level 30 on and the P2W aspects removed any enthusiasm whatsoever I had for AA.
    Yeah no matter what they do its still a lame ass gankfest of a game. The rep.the game has is already done.
    edited December 2016
    filmoret said:
    Anyone know the highest gearscore you can get from obsidian.  And how much gold/time would that require?  Can you buy obsidian gear from AH?  And Obsidian does not have a chance to explode when trying  to upgrade it?  And did they get rid of the t2,t3 Hasla weapons?
    If you were to buy a full set of t1 Obsidian at Celestial, Divine, or Epic and then go through the non-RNG process of upgrading it completely through all the tiers and giving it a moderately good set of gems, I don't know the exact gearscore but I can promise you that you would be competitive with 90%+ of the game.

Hell 3000 gearscore is competitive with like 50% of the game.

I mean sure. Full mythic Ayanad beats all that but you know how many people I've met with full mythic ayanad? Not a single one. A green Ayanad weapon with no gems (The lowest tier you will find) goes for like 50k gold. That's 555$ for that single piece of gear if you are selling 900 gold Apex to get it.
    APEX is 900 gold now?
    It was on the AHs of Morpheus and Rangora as of like a month ago. It will likely be cheaper in terms of gold on the new servers coming out.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    A fresh start server where there is a lot of interest.  Now, how many of the comments about it are related to gaming the system and getting the new characters stuff from the legacy server.  The whole point was a fresh start without benefits and not game the system.

I self identify as a monkey.

Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:
    If you were to buy a full set of t1 Obsidian at Celestial, Divine, or Epic and then go through the non-RNG process of upgrading it completely through all the tiers and giving it a moderately good set of gems, I don't know the exact gearscore but I can promise you that you would be competitive with 90%+ of the game.

I mean sure. Full mythic Ayanad beats all that but you know how many people I've met with full mythic ayanad? Not a single one. A green Ayanad weapon with no gems (The lowest tier you will find) goes for like 50k gold. That's 555$ for that single piece of gear if you are selling 900 gold Apex to get it.
    3k gear score competitive with 50% of the game? Must have been on Morpheus since it was one of the 2 new servers. When I left Aranzeb around 6 months ago I was over 4300 gs and the vast majority of serious pvp'ers were well above that.
    edited December 2016
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

3k gear score competitive with 50% of the game? Must have been on Morpheus since it was one of the 2 new servers. When I left Aranzeb around 6 months ago I was over 4300 gs and the vast majority of serious pvp'ers were well above that.
    Notice how I specified "the game" and not "serious PvPers". When you go to major PvP events serious PvPers are the major concern but if you are say, out running around just playing the game then 3k gearscore will keep you competitive with about half the people you meet.
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

Notice how I specified "the game" and not "serious PvPers". When you go to major PvP events serious PvPers are the major concern but if you are say, out running around just playing the game then 3k gearscore will keep you competitive with about half the people you meet.
    The majority of people out in conflict zones were serious pvp'ers. 3k gearscore players were the ones who mainly avoided pvp and stuck to safe zone activities. 4k to 4500gs was around average for the server.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

I could have a 9K gear score and get my arse handed to me by half of the server. ;l

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

I could have a 9K gear score and get my arse handed to me by half of the server. ;l
    No, you could make a darkrunner and shit on 98% of the server with one combo.
    Kyleran said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

Can't remember 100% for sure but in the top gearscores that are posted on most server I don't believe 9ks even exist. If they do it's like 1 or 2 a server. I don't think you'll even find more than like 5-10 8ks per most servers. I'll check it out later tonight and verify what it is for you on my last server I played on.
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

Combo's are for weaklings. If you have 9k gearscore you can just God's Whip everything you see. No combo needed.
    Just checked. In all of the North American ArcheAge servers combined there are 11 players with over 8k gearscore. None of them have reached 9k yet. To put that in perspective there are 9 NA ArcheAge servers not counting the one that will come out this Saturday. So you're looking at 1-2 8k gearscore players per server.

I'm assuming that will change with the new expansion, but so will the average gearscore of people on the bottom as well.
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

Combo's are for weaklings. If you have 9k gearscore you can just God's Whip everything you see. No combo needed.
    Sure, if you're running sorcery, and if your opponent isn't running defense.
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Eldurian said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Eldurian said:
    filmoret said:

Sure, if you're running sorcery, and if your opponent isn't running defense.
    At 9k it wouldn't even matter what they were running unless they were geared as hell.

Literally 9k players don't exist. The closest is like 8.9ish. At 9k you would be the god of whales. 
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited December 2016
    Problem is Trion makes enough money doing it this way, there is no incentive to do it a different way. A sub only server would literally not make them a fraction of what they make now, there wouldn't be enough players to justify it as a valid option. Had they done that right off the bat? Maybe... just maybe, AA had a lot of buzz at one point. Still it was no World of Warcraft.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    JDis25 said:
    Still it was no World of Warcraft.
    Yeah. It's actually fun. XD
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    I think some people are confusing the concept of fresh start with something like a vanilla server. This is not intended to be a different version of the game, but just give a new server experience. Eventually everything that is on the original servers will be in place on the new servers. If they didn't do that, they would effectively have 3 versions of a live game which would not make any sense given the player base they currently have. It is most certainly an effort to bring in new players as well and bring back some people that left back when this game really shit all over itself with piss poor management. I doubt it will do a whole lot in the long term, but it makes sense for them to do this. It's too bad they didn't listen to the community in 2014 when we told them to do things like have lp regen the same offline as online and a whole list of other stuff they made bad decisions on.