Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survive in the World of Conan - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageSurvive in the World of Conan - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

IGN scored a new video from Conan Exiles that challenges (future) players to survive in the World of Conan. The challenge comes from surviving the elements, hostile humans, monsters, avatars of the gods, dehydration, starvation and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Bring it!
    Yea , i got a gut feelin this ones gonna be fun ..
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2016

Edit: I probably should have used this as a reply to someone who mentioned the dancing thrall part sry. =p
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    This actually shows promise.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Slavery in a PC Game....which you have actually "to do" and "to use"....uhmmm :D
    This one looks by FAR more promising than this "We-Stream-first-time-ever" First look Video. (ofc because of it's Cinema Style, i got it :P )
    But yeah, i'm looking forward to see more of it. Perhaps giving Greenlight a Shot.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Shit ....they will follow Ark Survival fall how long do they think server will last when people will lose loot gained for 10 20 40 hours in 5 min because of some stupid Avatar or shit just like in Ark Survival from Gigantosaurus and so on . I hope for decent balanced game not stupid OP shit ....
  • blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I watched the dev twitch stream. Not very impressive. Most of this stuff will not be there for early access... More hype .. less game .. as usual these days
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited December 2016

blythega said:

I watched the dev twitch stream. Not very impressive. Most of this stuff will not be there for early access... More hype .. less game .. as usual these days

The solution is not to buy early access. People don't seem to understand what that really entails. They think they are getting "the full game" or "just about".

Early Access seems more like a real "beta" as they test and implement a variety of game play systems.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited December 2016

blythega said:

Shit so early access is in fact early access? What a let down dude!
  • ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    lame.. the original was lame and this will be too,,,
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I tried Conan the MMO a few years ago, and although it was already dated by the time I picked it up, it had some quite nice elements that really immersed you in the story. I hope this one is at least equally well-made.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    The image of the crafted weapons list is very similar to the concept one they showed during the crafting revamp, which is kinda backing up the conspiracy theory of "they just want to sell the crafting revamp as a standalone game" :lol: 
    Not saying I agree (hey, I'm a TSW player, we love those stuff :wink: ), but I think they should add at least the gathering animations into AoC... and the building.

Oh, and sandstorm, I'd love to have that outfit in TSW. If you "take" our sandstorm, that's only fair you give us too the mechanic to counter it... it is tiresome to always seek shelter or cover :wink:
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I am gonna be watching this one for sure.

This appeals to me more than the other survival games have. Love me some Conan. Such a great universe.
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    ooogy said:
    What an incredible response.  The detail and thought you put into this was incredible. 
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    is there magic? i dont see any magic but there are some monsters. Any word?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Malathoos said:
    is there magic? i dont see any magic but there are some monsters. Any word?
    In the stream (and don't quote me on that, I just watched it in the background and not as thorough I used to listen to TSW streams :wink: ) they said, at least as I remember, that there won't be magic in the EA part. There are plans for it later, but for a start they're more focused on the religious system instead.

Too bad, AoC has really fun classes in the magic section (like in all the other Archetypes :wink: ). I'm a necro fan personally, but HoX is fun as well... not sure though, how could they fit into this type of a combat system, and for the gathering/crafting part it is irrelevant anyways.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    ooogy said:
    Really insightful lol. Why was it and will be lame? Could you elaborate?