Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did somebody say Dark and Light gameplay footage? Let's break it down!

SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
edited December 2016 in Dark and Light

What do you folks think about the footage? Also the source: Victor_Z said that all of these screenshots/videos were released through their (I'm assuming Snail) QQ Group chat. QQ is an international instant messanger program if any of you lovely folks didn't know. I had to use it religiously when trying to get into the Beta for a solid martial arts game called Moonlight Blade, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

I think that there could also be more, or less depending on how Snail takes this information getting released, if it was by them (Hopefully they take it well). Anyway, let's discuss this. The Bronto in that video looks exactly like the one we saw in the Dark and Light trailer, and the cyclops or ogre looks identical to the ones we've seen in articles.

Bronto Video:

Cyclops/Ogre Video:

For reference:

MMORPG Article with Cyclops/Ogre: http://www.mmorpg.com/dark-and-light/developer-journals/mythical-animals-and-creatures-1000011253
Dark and Light Trailer:

Comments

• SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Also Victor_Z stated this on his twitter when he said it was from the QQ group chat, in case you folks were wondering.

Victor's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Victor___Z

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    looks really good , I hope Snail doesnt muck this up with a invasive Cashshop... But ill be there first day to check it out
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    "What do you folks think about the footage?"

I think I'd rather actually see the footage than this guy's desktop.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Really hope they keep in the HUGE mountains with snowfall that accumulates on the ground,

and Riding your shield down the mountain as a form of mount

that's all I want to do  =) ride my shield down the Huge mountains

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Grimula said:

Really hope they keep in the HUGE mountains with snowfall that accumulates on the ground,

and Riding your shield down the mountain as a form of mount

that's all I want to do  =) ride my shield down the Huge mountains

yea that was fun stuff .. you were a Settler i take it , I was also , Would have been really cool if they had out our Settler STones back in game
    "What do you folks think about the footage?"

I think I'd rather actually see the footage than this guy's desktop.

Refresh the page, I'm editing that in now.
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited December 2016

hope they don't cut out 90 percent of the amazing features this game had 

Huge ass Mountain ranges with Snowy atmospheres really was the draw of this game for a lot of people

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    More of nothing, and someone said the EA release is in 9 days. Looking good Snail...real good.
    Grimula said:

Huge ass Mountain ranges with Snowy atmospheres really was the draw of this game for a lot of people

Same here I'm really looking forward to a huge living/breathing world to explore. When Snail was doing a Q&A in discord regarding the map size Horsejoke from Snail said they were shortening the map size from what it used to be and strayed away from Procedural Generation so the world could feel more real and have more lore to it. I'm hoping that means it's going to be detailed and still have a lot of room to explore. That's a good chunk of enjoyment out of any sandbox right there!
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited December 2016
    Apparently people who post pictures and video made with their cell phone have never figured out they can get a wide shot by turning the cell phone on it's side.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Grunty said:
    Apparently people who post pictures and video made with their cell phone have never figured out they can get a wide shot by turning the cell phone on it's side.
    It'll sink in one of these years... Maybe =)
  • ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    lol this is something you would expect to see from a game that isn't even in alpha yet
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    ooogy said:
    lol this is something you would expect to see from a game that isn't even in alpha yet
    you do know that EA can be Alpha right?
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Its got me curious and hopeful. I check up on this game daily and the footage does look good :) 

Grimula said:

Same here I'm really looking forward to a huge living/breathing world to explore. When Snail was doing a Q&A in discord regarding the map size Horsejoke from Snail said they were shortening the map size from what it used to be and strayed away from Procedural Generation so the world could feel more real and have more lore to it. I'm hoping that means it's going to be detailed and still have a lot of room to explore. That's a good chunk of enjoyment out of any sandbox right there!
    I just hope i can finally enjoy an open world with no loading screens. Ive never really understood why that one simple thing is so hard to put into a game. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Raxeon said:
    ooogy said:
    you do know that EA can be Alpha right?
    The terms "alpha" and "beta" have lost all meaning by now in game development. They can literally mean anything these days...