Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customizing Your Crow - Making the Perfect Character - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageCustomizing Your Crow - Making the Perfect Character - Crowfall - MMORPG.com

Crowfall News - The Crowfall site has been updated with a brief look at how players will be able to customize their characters in game. The goal is for players to have a broad variety of ways to give their Crow its own personality. The article shows off Knight faces and hairstyles and other variations in how they may look in the end.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I also liked how Ultima Online let you dress your character and dye clothes and armor. Robes on top of armor, added sashes, hats / helmets ect ...
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    i like trains!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    Never been much into facial customization as it just gets covered by a helm etc.... Also I NEVER look at my characters face, nor do I look at faces of others in game.
    True. In light of that, we really need strong butt customization.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    DMKano said:
    Never been much into facial customization as it just gets covered by a helm etc.... Also I NEVER look at my characters face, nor do I look at faces of others in game.
    Why do you wear helms then? Most decent games come with hide options for helms for that very reason.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Aeander said:
    DMKano said:
    Why do you wear helms then? Most decent games come with hide options for helms for that very reason.
    About the only time one ever looks at a characters face is maybe in town.  I never considered it very important and never spend much time on such no matter how detailed the game is. Besides I agree with Mr Eisen, much better to blend in, especially in a pvp game like this.  You most certainly don't want to stand out.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    One model is not going to provide much customization for anyone.Looks like a Wizard 101 character,pretty low end customization.Even the face model looks identical...sigh,this is not something i would be advertising if trying to sell my game.

I mean the characters look ok don't get me wrong,but for customization,this is not the game's selling point.As of right now,it's ONLY selling point are two things,the castles and pvp,they should stick to those two ideas and work with that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53

DMKano said:

Well than by all means no one else should get to enjoy options. Character customization is pretty huge to me and just about anyone I have ever played with. How many times do you hear a thunderous complaint when a character is gender or facial locked? Look how many cried in uproar on just about any latest release on the lack of armor customizations, hairs, eye color, etc.

While I realize this is a mmo and needs to have somewhat limited options for optimization, I'm super happy they are offering something! I have been pretty hesitant to get into CrowFall and just recently grabbed a pledge and this makes me and my friends a lot happier with our characters.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited December 2016

DMKano said:

It's not like it's taking dev time away from game-play options, so I don't really see a problem with it. To many character customization is an important thing, to others it's not. Personally I prefer detailed facial customization options, I find it disappointing when little time is put into facial options. Especially in a game like TOR where you constantly see your own face in conversations.

In a game like this it's not as important a factor, yet I'd still prefer options over not having them. What really gets annoying is when you see a hundred npcs or players that look just like you. Which is very likely in a game with few facial options. Totally kills immersion for me. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm heavily into customizing my character. People act like you can't spin the camera around and check your character out, while you're moving and screen grab.

WTF do you think this is? Space Harrier (google it younglings)?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's a nice variety. There was no mention of sliders though. I'm guessing they are going the WoW & Swtor route with presets only.

Somewhat off topic, but the skin textures look like rubber. If that's the style they're going for, then it's no big deal. The skin textures could use better lighting and shading though to bring out better realism.