Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fresh Start might actually work. (edited)

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
edited December 2016 in ArcheAge
Ok after reading Trion's actual footnotes about the fresh start servers.  They make it so you cannot create a character on the legacy server once you create a character on the fresh start server.  They have blocked all access from legacy accounts.  This was a good move.  Might even give me hopes that they have the proper leadership in place.  But when they reopen the cash shop in 3-6 months its going to be just like it is right now. 

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/10/27/producers-letter-october-2016/
Are you onto something or just on something?
Post edited by filmoret on

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2016
    Well, that appears to be a 3 month old rumor thread by someone who claimed to interview someone else.

Seems to contradict more official sources, however I agree, if they do this it really isn't a fresh start server after all.

I wondered why someone mentioned they were prepared to transfer over 10K gold. Thought the comment was strange but makes more sense now 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    *Looks at ten-foot pole. Shakes head.*

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    filmoret said:
    You will be able to transfer your Apex and Labor potions over to the new characters on the fresh start servers.  The rumor that you cannot is from misinformed players.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?290869-Fresh-start-servers-confirmed-for-3.0-and-tentative-launch-date-is-December.

Dates are your friend.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Can anyone confirm or deny that apex is not account bound?  From the looks of it you just make a new account then transfer the apex to the new account.  Then you apply the apex which makes you a patron.  Then you simply use the apex on the fresh start server.  And there are labor potions from cash shop you can do this with as well.
    edited December 2016
    deleted post
    Post edited by filmoret on
  • KraxxinKraxxin Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited December 2016
    All old accounts will be disabled from creating characters on the fresh servers. Only new accounts can create a character on the fresh start. After doing so, the account will not be able to create a character on the legacy servers.

Edit to add: They thought it thru a tad bit more this time and learned from a few past mistakes,lol.
    edited December 2016
    Kraxxin said:
    All old accounts will be disabled from creating characters on the fresh servers. Only new accounts can create a character on the fresh start. After doing so, the account will not be able to create a character on the legacy servers.

Edit to add: They thought it thru a tad bit more this time and learned from a few past mistakes,lol.
    If we can get a link then I'll change the thread title.  Ok I found it.

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/10/27/producers-letter-october-2016/
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited December 2016
    Shouldn't you check your facts before putting up an inflammatory title ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIA9mUXLsuE

At about 1 minute in.

It's in the video requirement for new accounts took me 1 minute of google search.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited December 2016
    cheyane said:
    Shouldn't you check your facts before putting up an inflammatory title ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIA9mUXLsuE

Its in the video requirement for new accounts took me 1 minute of google search.
    Well when I googled fresh start servers launch date this is the first thing that popped up  so naturally....

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?290869-Fresh-start-servers-confirmed-for-3.0-and-tentative-launch-date-is-December.

and FTR last year's fresh start servers were a disaster.  So I'm really nervous about giving Trion another chance.
    edited December 2016
    Well listen to the developer say it in his own words and he goes on to explain why it is different from before and what is different exactly. 

When you do a  search don't just check the first thing in the list but look at the results and choose the one that will most probably answer your query.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Well listen to the developer say it in his own words and he goes on to explain why it is different from before and what is different exactly. 

When you do a  search don't just check the first thing in the list but look at the results and choose the one that will most probably answer your query.
    We are talking about a game where the developers have continually made stupid mistakes.  So naturally when you hear another stupid mistake its not hard to believe it without going through a 30 minute video from the *intelligent* developers.
    edited December 2016
    Well if you listen to the developer he does say they can create a character on legacy and new but that has changed to only new server so they blocked the problem that was questioned in the video.

'A new account that selects the Legacy setting won’t be able to access Fresh Start servers, and vice versa. This includes Fresh Start accounts being blocked from creating characters on Legacy servers, preventing the transfer of account-level resources to alts for consumption. This has been a popular topic after our announcement of Fresh Start and I’m very proud to say we’re going to lengths to prevent it.'

I just checked all this and I am not even interested in this game. 
    Chamber of Chains
    I wonder if they ever fixed it so you cannot simply walk into aoe damage from enemy player and cause them to flag hostile.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    filmoret said:
    I wonder if they ever fixed it so you cannot simply walk into aoe damage from enemy player and cause them to flag hostile.
    There is no flagging, only bloodlust mode, aka "purpling", which requires you to manually activate and is only needed for killing friendly faction players in a conflict/war zone.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2016
    Well , they are trying , but  not nearly enough , unless i am missing something here,APex will still be availbe as will all the mats for ranking gear , So it will be ok for 5-8 months , would be my guess, then  the power will begin to shift , in 8-12 months time (i am being generous with the time frame also)it will be exactly like all the servers , as the P2W swipers take over and XL/Trion start putting the rest of the stuff back on the cash-shop...

Would like to them eliminate everything from the CashShop except Cosmetic, and make a sub server only , But a server like that would become there most populated over nite , and they would not be able to Dbl dip like they do ....because of the whales , which are already lining up to hit the fresh start server
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Scorchien said:
    Well , they are trying , but  not nearly enough , unless i am missing something here,APex will still be availbe as will all the mats for ranking gear , So it will be ok for 5-8 months , would be my guess, then  the power will begin to shift , in 8-12 months time (i am being generous with the time frame also)it will be exactly like all the servers , as the P2W swipers take over and XL/Trion start putting the rest of the stuff back on the cash-shop...

Would like to them eliminate everything from the CashShop except Cosmetic, and make a sub server only , But a server like that would become there most populated over nite , and they would not be able to Dbl dip like they do ....because of the whales , which are already lining up to hit the fresh start server
    The previous fresh start servers that they opened, Morpheus and Rangora, didn't take very long to get up to the speed of legacy servers. And eventually they even allowed transfers to and from both of those servers, essentially completely destroying any "newness" that may have been left.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Forgrimm said:
    Scorchien said:

The previous fresh start servers that they opened, Morpheus and Rangora, didn't take very long to get up to the speed of legacy servers. And eventually they even allowed transfers to and from both of those servers, essentially completely destroying any "newness" that may have been left.
    yea i know , when my old server died off i created on Morph , and watch the same thing happen all over .

And i get they wanna make money we all do , and XLgames factors into any decisions , but what would it hurt to try 1 Sub only server to see how it would do ...THey have already shown they can just disable these P2W items , So give it a chance ....
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    The fresh start doesnt matter, its the setup that screws the pooch in this game...THe forced PVP from level 30 on and the P2W aspects removed any enthusiasm whatsoever I had for AA.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The more important issue is, will the new servers have the same cash shop and RNG crafting, if yes, move on.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Freshstart will start off ok.

The problem is overtime it will degrade into what every other server is like. Massive P2W and 1 Mega guild literally locking out all content besides potato farming and instances.

1) People can still buy apex and sell it for gold. Aka legal RMT basically. So people with large wallets will be able to buy an advantage on the new server.
    2) They already stated eventually they will add the P2W elements back into the cash shop. Just not at launch
    3) Eventually they will link the AH clusters and allow for transfers. (once the server is able to stand on its feet with the rest of the game)
    4) Once a guild gets power they dominate all the major endgame elements, locking the rest of the server out of the ability to make money ingame... therefor the only way to keep up with gear progression with that guild is to spend hundreds of dollars a month.

The biggest problem with archeage is Trion and the games payment model. The second is the fact one guild can literally dominate and kill off a server. (Why most servers are on farm status now... once a guild gets 50+ active ppl with an average gear score 6000-6500+... well no one can kill them as a group anymore, unless the whole faction/server works together. And good luck getting that to happen).

The only way the server will really fix the game is simple.

1) Find a way to stop the use of alts.... more alts = more labor = more money for main = more progression. And you can make an unlimited amount with new accounts. So again $$$ = Progression here. Archeage was designed in Korea where you cannot make alts on separate accounts. In NA that restriction is not in place, game is not designed for people to make 2 to 20 alts to make 4000 gold a day from farming/traderuns screws up the balance.
    2) Remove Apex and make it pure p2p. Cost $15 a month to log in... cannot use apex to get access.
    3) Removal all cash shop items besides costumes. This include removing mounts since they have special effects to them.
    4) Permanently segregate the server in all respect from the rest. No linking the AH or allowing transfers from non-p2p servers.
    5) Find a way to prevent a single guild from taking over all the major openworld content (Problem with the core design of the game in my opinion).

Most these changes would mean trion would sacrfice a huge amount of revenue. Since the F2P model cost players who play seriously $30-500 a month currently. Players either fork over the money or buy apex with Gold. Buying with gold means someone else paid that bill so the cost remains the same even if you personally spend nothing for those that argue this. If they go to p2p that $30+ every serious player is spending will drop to $15 with the occasional costume purchase. Good luck getting trion to voluntarily cut their profits by 40-50%.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Xatsh said:
    Freshstart will start off ok.

The problem is overtime it will degrade into what every other server is like. Massive P2W and 1 Mega guild literally locking out all content besides potato farming and instances.

1) People can still buy apex and sell it for gold. Aka legal RMT basically. So people with large wallets will be able to buy an advantage on the new server.
    2) They already stated eventually they will add the P2W elements back into the cash shop. Just not at launch
    3) Eventually they will link the AH clusters and allow for transfers. (once the server is able to stand on its feet with the rest of the game)
    4) Once a guild gets power they dominate all the major endgame elements, locking the rest of the server out of the ability to make money ingame... therefor the only way to keep up with gear progression with that guild is to spend hundreds of dollars a month.

The biggest problem with archeage is Trion and the games payment model. The second is the fact one guild can literally dominate and kill off a server. (Why most servers are on farm status now... once a guild gets 50+ active ppl with an average gear score 6000-6500+... well no one can kill them as a group anymore, unless the whole faction/server works together. And good luck getting that to happen).

The only way the server will really fix the game is simple.

1) Find a way to stop the use of alts.... more alts = more labor = more money for main = more progression. And you can make an unlimited amount with new accounts. So again $$$ = Progression here. Archeage was designed in Korea where you cannot make alts on separate accounts. In NA that restriction is not in place, game is not designed for people to make 2 to 20 alts to make 4000 gold a day from farming/traderuns screws up the balance.
    2) Remove Apex and make it pure p2p. Cost $15 a month to log in... cannot use apex to get access.
    3) Removal all cash shop items besides costumes. This include removing mounts since they have special effects to them.
    4) Permanently segregate the server in all respect from the rest. No linking the AH or allowing transfers from non-p2p servers.
    5) Find a way to prevent a single guild from taking over all the major openworld content (Problem with the core design of the game in my opinion).

Most these changes would mean trion would sacrfice a huge amount of revenue. Since the F2P model cost players who play seriously $30-500 a month currently. Players either fork over the money or buy apex with Gold. Buying with gold means someone else paid that bill so the cost remains the same even if you personally spend nothing for those that argue this. If they go to p2p that $30+ every serious player is spending will drop to $15 with the occasional costume purchase. Good luck getting trion to voluntarily cut their profits by 40-50%.
    too much work ....better dont even try......new server , new players ....and fresh cows to milk again
    I'm starting to see its just another bullcrap move.  Multiboxing is the culprit.  And if you are lucky then 3 months of peace and they open the flood gates and now the p2w is back in action.  You have to admit its smart but very shady on Trion's part.  If they can get you invested enough in 3 months then they are hoping you are willing to fork over a few thousand to stay competetive.

So the 4k gearscore you worked so hard to attain will be completely worthless in 3-6 months once the floodgates are opened on the cash shop.

Crap all over this game and the trion that ruined it.

#makeArcheagegreatagain
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Well, that appears to be a 3 month old rumor thread by someone who claimed to interview someone else.

Seems to contradict more official sources, however I agree, if they do this it really isn't a fresh start server after all.

I wondered why someone mentioned they were prepared to transfer over 10K gold. Thought the comment was strange but makes more sense now 
    Unless he's changed his link since he wrote this, it's a letter from the developers. The source at the top of the thread is basically the devs telling you how it's going to be.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    filmoret said:
    I'm starting to see its just another bullcrap move.  Multiboxing is the culprit.  And if you are lucky then 3 months of peace and they open the flood gates and now the p2w is back in action.  You have to admit its smart but very shady on Trion's part.  If they can get you invested enough in 3 months then they are hoping you are willing to fork over a few thousand to stay competetive.

So the 4k gearscore you worked so hard to attain will be completely worthless in 3-6 months once the floodgates are opened on the cash shop.

Crap all over this game and the trion that ruined it.

#makeArcheagegreatagain
    I think people are seriously overestimating the impact of cash and underestimating the value of being an active player who does profitable content.

I'd ask yourself one question. Does the fact you will occasionally run into characters more powerful than you ruin an environment where you will be more powerful than most of the players you meet?

If the answer to that question is yes then "The fresh start server will be like all the others."

If the answer is no, then get in on day one and make sure to burn your labor each day. You'll be fine. You may also want to avoid the RNG and simply buy items at the grade you want them.

Most players don't multibox. Most players don't swipe. Those that do may have an edge on you. Most won't. But in an older server where most players have been playing much longer than you, then most players will be able to beat you pretty easy.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Its essentially bait and switch.  Come try this new server where we removed p2w and everyone starts fresh.  Then three months later... BAM!  All the same things that drove people away from the game will be re-introduced.   From a business stand point, you have to hand it to Trion, all they do is copy the game code to a new server and then rake in the cash from all the suckers who dont think it will end up in the P2W mess the old servers are in. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD