Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

14567810»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I've been here long enough to see some stuff, but now after reading through this thread I feel there is far too much hostility related to this title for me to ever bother trying it atm. Pretty sure it is telling of the type of community I would interact with in this game. Maybe after it a few years it will get better, but the pre-launch community is meh.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Tiller said:
    I've been here long enough to see some stuff, but now after reading through this thread I feel there is far too much hostility related to this title for me to ever bother trying it atm. Pretty sure it is telling of the type of community I would interact with in this game. Maybe after it a few years it will get better, but the pre-launch community is meh.
    Score one for @Blackboa... :(

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Tiller said:
    Actually it isn't.  When playing the game, people were helpful as a rule.  By now, you should know that forums are toxic in a lot of cases.  Usually, from a very vocal minority.

I self identify as a monkey.

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    @mgilbrtsn thank you for sharing your experiences about Albion.  Those were my experiences as well when I first started playing the game back in Beta 1.  The community is great, helpful, and although we might talk shit to each other from time to time, its all part of the role-play experience of a Sandbox MMORPG.  

@Tiller if you truly were turned off from my comments, I apologize to you and I implore you to take a look at the game despite what you have seen here.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Blackboa said:
     we might talk shit to each other from time to time, its all part of the role-play experience of a Sandbox MMORPG. 
    Ahh! Are we engaging in Forum PvP then? That is a different animal all together mate!

But you can't go run to a Mod everytime someone hurts your feelings anymore than you can run to a GM in AO with the same complaint.

If not never mind, go on being detrimental to the game you supposedly love.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Tiller said:
    Actually it isn't.  When playing the game, people were helpful as a rule.  By now, you should know that forums are toxic in a lot of cases.  Usually, from a very vocal minority.
    I'm still watching the game, I'm just gonna wait a bit. I'm reminded of the BDO community earlier in the year and it made the game suck. It usually takes a year or two for the communities to level out. Good communities mater in my opinion.

Maybe I'm just getting too old I don't know. Earlier on in GW2 I went through 5 guilds before I found a decent sized guild where no one talks; no in game politics, no drama ect, but I can reap the benefits of the guild size.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    bartoni33 said:
    Blackboa said:
     we might talk shit to each other from time to time, its all part of the role-play experience of a Sandbox MMORPG. 
    Ahh! Are we engaging in Forum PvP then? That is a different animal all together mate!

But you can't go run to a Mod everytime someone hurts your feelings anymore than you can run to a GM in AO with the same complaint.

Funny thing is , is that i still had Albion installed and planned on returning to check it out when it released... This guy changed my mind .. Unistalled today ,and wont be going back ...
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Scorchien said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Blackboa said:

Funny thing is , is that i still had Albion installed and planned on returning to check it out when it released... This guy changed my mind .. Unistalled today ,and wont be going back ...
    Well he just admitted on the other forum that he only did this to get hits for AO, since "it worked for Trump".

Nothing more to say here...the guy has mental problems or something.

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Hey guys, I stopped responding to your negative comments.  lets please bring this thread back to its intended purpose.  Thank you.
  • WilsonKWilsonK Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited December 2016
    game gets boring way too quick

everything is a boring chore except gvgs (even then meta is crap right now), pve is awful, pk almost non-existent, ow-pvp battles are a lagfast with 80+ ppl on screen, gathering is an endless grind
    Post edited by WilsonK on
  • CeironxCeironx Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited December 2016
    The boy even got trashed in AO forums. Xddd

Look at this one, even worse than the last one:
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/44352-My-Campaign-to-MakeAlbionGreatAgain-Twitch-Streaming/?postID=454208#post454208
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Ceironx said:
    The boy even got trashed in AO forums. Xddd
    AO forum thread closed. One down, one to go.

• Arkangel32Arkangel32 Member UncommonPosts: 83
    evilized said:
    does it feel anything like UO?
    No it does not feel like UO.  
This discussion has been closed.