Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

Comments

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Blackboa said:

@Phry so are you one who enjoys themepark MMORPG's then?  The site of a yellow quest marker makes me want to shoot myself.  From a sandbox MMORPG perspective, there is no greater game out on the market today that captures that genre as excellent as Albion Online.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    Yea.. thats a nice big F U to EVE, arguably the best sandbox, if not MMO of all time. Once again, shows how utterly incompetent your two brain cells are at producing something of value.
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    @Frammshamm if you think that playing a game during its beta's does nothing for the knowledge of a player, even if the game changes some elements of it, then you are either trolling (which you are) or you are ignorant of the intricacies of Albion Online.  There are elements of the game that will never change like the core mechanics and knowing those ahead of time gives people great knowledge about how they will intend to play the game when it releases.

Also, regarding your comments that appear to be negative on how they are changing the game from alpha to beta 1 to beta 2.  I would rather see a company take the feedback it is receiving from a community and make massive changes BEFORE a game releases than see a company make drastic changes AFTER the game has released.

Albion has the luxury of a supportive community of over 200,000 people who have purchased the game.  This means they are financially sound and are able to make the necessary adjustments, test the waters like what is suppose to be done in betas, and then make the final PRE-RELEASE version of the game as good as it can be.

As much as many of the players in the Albion Community want this game to be released now and there is certainly some people waiting till release (WHO HAVE PLAYED IN BETA), ultimately I would rather Albion release a polished game than rush to the table.

So whatever you say about the game in my opinion is ignoring the fact that this development team is probably the most thoughtful dev team in terms of listening to their community.  They make changes (maybe not at the speed you like) but it is better than a dev team that doesn't talk to their community at all.

Give the game a chance guys.  All I am saying.  Ignore the trolls which seek to influence your mind before you can form your own opinion of a game by playing it.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I wanted to play Albion back when it wasn't great, now... not so much.
    Sheep Troll
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Blackboa said:
    @Frammshamm

So whatever you say about the game in my opinion is ignoring the fact that this development team is probably the most thoughtful dev team in terms of listening to their community.  They make changes (maybe not at the speed you like) but it is better than a dev team that doesn't talk to their community at all.

Give the game a chance guys.  All I am saying.  Ignore MEtheME trolls MEwhich seMEek to inflMEuenMEce your MEmind before yoMEu can form yoMEur own opinion of a MEgame by plaMEying it.ME

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    LOL.. if oyu think that the dev team is taking feedback and implementing it, you are a dolt. They actually are doing the opposite from the the feedback they have been getting.. literally 180 degrees.. they couldnt be any more money grubbing and incompetent.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2016
    Blackboa said:
    @itsover Why wait when you can learn about this wonderful game of Albion right now!  Most people who play now will have a supreme advantage over others who do not play until the game releases.  If you want to get the edge, then you should play the game now.  #MakeAlbionGreatAgain #MAGA
    The time one spends playing the Albion Online beta learning about the game to get an advantage for final release is time they could have spent playing the beta of a better game.  Or released version of a better game.  Or heck, get outside and play some basketball and get some exercise or something.

At any rate, time isn't free so playing a beta to learn how to get an advantage in a game one might not even like instead of just asking others for opinions about it first before plunking down hard-earned cash to even try it can be a prudent decision.
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

@Smoey unfortunately not trying it now and waiting till a later date is robbing people of the learning experience they can have and the fun they can have now. Even in beta, Albion is the best sandbox MMORPG available.  I cannot stress the sandbox element enough here.  If you are looking for a themepark game, Albion is not for you.  But from a sandbox perspective, there is none better.  I think you just don't like Sandbox games brother.

It isn't hard to learn at all, it's fairly basic. You state there isn't anything else that compares to it sandbox wise and that just goes to show how dire the sandbox industry is right now, it doesn't mean Albion is good.

There is no point in buying into this beta, watch some videos and wait until the release. This feels very much similar to Dark Fall online during development, everything was everywhere and there was no substance. 

There is also groundbreaking changes (including arenas) that are still being added/considered which is as far away from the sandbox element you're focussing on. Wait for the end product before parting with your cash.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Blackboa said:

@Phry so are you one who enjoys themepark MMORPG's then?  The site of a yellow quest marker makes me want to shoot myself.  From a sandbox MMORPG perspective, there is no greater game out on the market today that captures that genre as excellent as Albion Online.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    Yea.. thats a nice big F U to EVE, arguably the best sandbox, if not MMO of all time. Once again, shows how utterly incompetent your two brain cells are at producing something of value.
    I am the type of player who enjoys playing games like Eve Online, SW:TOR, a little BDO now and then, and recently tried ArcheAge, though i started on the Morpheus server which seems a bit quiet, so perhaps not the best one to start on, and also games such as Planetside 2, FFXIV:ARR.

ps. the term you were looking for is 'the sight of a yellow quest marker makes me want to shoot myself' rather than 'site' which is in effect just its location.
    Nothing wrong with that per se, as i enjoy playing both sandbox games and themeparks, i just don't agree with your statement that Albion in any way 'captures' a particular genre all that well, after all UO is still there and doing fine by all accounts, as is RunEscape. :o
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I would not play this game so I cannot say I was turned away from it but the thread was definitely an interesting read and dude FYI you are not helping promote this game. 

@Tiamat64 if there was a better game out there that is released or is currently in beta that I haven't tried, I would be certainly playing that instead but for my tastes, Albion takes the cake.  To each their own I suppose.

@Smoey for you there may be no point in buying into this beta, but not for everyone else who wants to enjoy an amazing Sandbox MMORPG that is Albion Online, there is certainly a reason to play.

For those who do actually want to learn more, I have started my first of two lives streams of the day and I would be happy to answer any of your questions about Albion in real time.  The stream address is  See you there!
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Please ignore the troll. He is not representative of our community. Thanks.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Right and @Vaross gives me a "warning" for calling this person out for insulting people who do not fall into his intrest rate scammer demeanor. 

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Right and @Vaross gives me a "warning" for calling this person out for insulting people who do not fall into his intrest rate scammer demeanor. 

yup me to , as this guy insulted the half the community ...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scorchien said:

yup me to , as this guy insulted the half the community ...
    Well its an interesting way of dealing with people whose opinions are contrary to their own, though i am not sure using the 'rentamob' tactic is a particularly winning strategy, trying to recruit people from outside of this forum to help defend his opinions doesn't say much for his ability to counter said opinions with rational arguments either.  O.o
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Honest opinion? Fine for few days then boring as hell. And this is when cartoony graphics and Asian style grind become too much for me. I tried playing it few times. But I have to say I haven't played much in an alliance controlling pvp space. Could be like EVE maybe? Why don't you try, its super cheap anyway.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

@postlarval I don't really have anything to say to you but WOW.  To make yourself relevant you go ahead and post a comment that was meant for the Albion Online community only.  Great job man...you are truly a class act....(sarcasm).
    Blackboa said:
    @postlarval I don't really have anything to say to you but WOW.  To make yourself relevant you go ahead and post a comment that was meant for the Albion Online community only.  Great job man...you are truly a class act....(sarcasm).
    I think it's important for the MMORPG.com crowd to know what bullshit you're up to.

BTW, AO forums are public, genius.

Folks, read and behold... ;-)

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/44413-I-NEED-HELP-DEFENDING-ALBION-ONLINE-ON-MMORPG-COM-FORUMS/?postID=454445#post454452

@postlarval you have been reported.  Good day to you sir.
    Blackboa said:
    @postlarval you have been reported.  Good day to you sir.
    Well, I certainly hope they clean out this thread...including all the insults you've thrown at this community.

@postlarval you are going to regret sharing that link by the way :).
    Agreed @Torval, it truly was not a good thing that @postlarval did by posting that thread in this forum.  But let's move on.  Some people will never learn unfortunately.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    At the risk of being warned/banned I feel the need here to point out the obvious before anymore damage is done to this game (BTW I'm only partially interested in it but don't like what I'm seeing here).

@Blackboa is what can be called a "negative propaganda" agent. They are obviously trying to paint the community as ignorant assholes and the worst group of people to PvP against in a game. From the silly selfie profile pic of some random water-head in a car immaturity to the "call to action" post in the Official forums screams COINTELPRO at its best/worst.

Don't judge this game by its fake cover.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

What the hell happened to this thread?!  At one point it was about whether or not Albion Online is worth playing, right?
    @Blackboa decided to build an imaginary army over on the AO forums and bring them over here to insult and threaten people.

edited December 2016
    Let's get on topic shall we?  This is a pretty cool event that the Albion Online community will be having this Saturday, 12/10.  I suspect that the rewards available will cause a massive PVP fest as people battle over the chests and try to stop people from channeling the time needed to receive the rewards: https://albiononline.com/en/news/hide-and-seek-1012

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Torval said:
    Blackboa said:
    Many or most of us here are the Albion community. We've bought in.

So you know, it's generally frowned on bringing in drama from the outside to stir up trouble here. It is not a cool thing to do. I don't agree with the negative comments, but most at least have a reason and that's fair.
    I think it's kinda petty to be honest.  As far as defending games here, I can see the need for pointers.  Since everyone isn't as obsessive about every aspect of things, asking for some pointers on how to fight trolls with logical/thought out arguments from people who know the ins and outs, makes sense.

When people throw out a lot of things which often prove to be false, you may need someone to help you know the relevant information that you can counter some of the trolls.  

I self identify as a monkey.

This discussion has been closed.