Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressions from Public Test Server 3.0

Comments

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Eldurian said:

People who own a castle > People who can beat Leviathan but have no castle
    People who can beat Leviathan > People who do Freedich packs
    People who do Freedich packs > People who do cross-faction runs
    People who do cross-factions runs > People who do safezone runs
    People who do safezone runs > People who can't afford good trade carts

Which of those categories you fall into largely determines how much gold you make per labor / day. Being in one of those upper categories for 6-8 months is worth hundreds and potentially even thousands of dollars of swiping.

What determines which category you fall into is your equipment points and the strength of your guild.

Someone with high equipment points relative to other players at the start therefore has a greater chance of maintaining higher equipment points going forward because they have the strength to do the difficult content.

I ll try to point out something on you categorization  here.

People who can't afford good trade carts :  mostly sole individuals or alts.
    People who do safezone runs                  : Can be solo players but can also be the non pvp's in guilds or families who enjoy just the farming aspect of archeage
    People who do cross-factions runs          : mostly players tied at least in families or small guilds
    People who do Freedich packs                 : strong Guild is almost a requirement if you want to lock down freedrich or you accept to just ninja in some packs
    People who can beat Leviathan                 : Guild alliance is key word here , even the strongest guild alone can be interupted if not allies helps
    People who own a castle                           : Strong guild requirment and also good allies.

The point is the amount of supporting players is the key point and deciding factor here.
    Swiping alone would no one single individual get a castle for example.

My second point is about the use of the camparsion operator : '>'

Its not set in stone   that for example  :

People who do Freedich packs >.....> People who do safezone runs

In a scenario with strong pirate faction who locks down freedrich and a big commited lets say Nuian  100 peeps even Guild rank <= 3 it can easily become

People who do safezone runs  >  stong gearscore guild but small on numbers who tries Freedrich runs but don't succeed often cause of the strong pirate faction

In the end  you need to be part of a  big commited guild  within a strong bonded alliance  to max
    out the way you describe swiping alone wont  make it.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    I'm in 100% agreement, that's why I cited both gearscore and the strength of your guild.

If you have 50 members swarm Freedich with 2000 gearscore you will probably lose.

If you have 2 members with 6k gearscore you will probably lose.

If you have 50 members with 6k gearscore you will probably win.

Last time I played ArcheAge we had the numbers to get things done, it's just that almost none of our members had the equipment points to back it when it came to facing the top guilds. I attribute this mostly to the fact we all joined a few months after server release.

So my goal on this time around is to have the numbers and the equipment points to move up from cross-faction runs to Freedich runs, maybe leviathan, and potentially even a castle and one or more of our guys in the hero position.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    People still making excuses for the f#%kery that is Archeage P2G (gamble).

I can't believe folks are still falling for this fresh start foolery again as well.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     lol sorry .. fact is that just 10 (maybe less i think even 6 or 8 good players) with gearscore of 6k+ will kill your 50 of 2k+ in under 5 minutes (maybe less)
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Organized guilds that control MMORPGs are by nature filled with dedicated players.

You know what also is typically a dedicated player?

A player so friggin' dedicated and committed to the game that s/he is willing to spend thousands on it.

Thus in every MMO I've seen, organized guilds tend to have lots of whales who BOTH spend money like crazy AND play the game like crazy in an organized intelligent obsessive fashion.

That said, not EVERY organized guild member is a whale or vice-versa too of course.  Smart guild masters will recruit anyone who is dedicated and smart, whether or not that person is a whale.  It's just that usually they tend to be whales too.  Likewise, sometimes a strong guild wants to stay away from an entitled whale who is rich in real life but not committed to the game, but those types of whales are actually kinda rare.

I typically jump into the strongest guild in any MMO (cause benefits) and they let me in anyways even in cases where I'm only dedicated and not a whale.  Doesn't change the fact that many, but not all, of my guild mates are whales anyways, which tends to subliminally encourage other members to start spending at least a little too, I've found.
    edited December 2016
    Scorchien said:
     lol sorry .. fact is that just 10 (maybe less i think even 6 or 8 good players) with gearscore of 6k+ will kill your 50 of 2k+ in under 5 minutes (maybe less)
    That's exactly what I said genius:

"If you have 50 members swarm Freedich with 2000 gearscore you will probably lose."
    edited December 2016

I can't believe folks are still falling for this fresh start foolery again as well.
    There are a few other that get it. The content I did as a patron would earn me a 900g APEX about every 3 days. Doing better content allows you to earn it even faster.

Calculate that out for a 30 day month:

30 divided by three is ten. Ten APEX a month is 100$. So I'm making about 100$ dollars a month worth of APEX or 78$ if you are willing to risk an account ban and stolen credit card information by going through gold sellers.

Starting at month day one and earning the same gold I did on my last server I would be 9000 gold or 100$ ahead of anyone for each month later that they join.

That is not accounting for several major factors:

1. Having that headstart means I can do higher profit content.
    2. I did not start playing the auction house until my last 2-3 weeks of play last time and as such did not include it in my 300 gold a day calculations.
    3. I'm registering two accounts this time and while I will not have the time to to burn labor at full efficiency on each that should bring my profits to about 500 gold a day using the labor burn methods I am intending on.
    4. APEX tend to be cheaper on newer servers.

So all factors considered in we are looking at 500-1000 gold a day or 15,000 to 30,000 gold a month. That's 17 - 33 Apex at 900g each (rounded) or about 170$-330$ of swiping. If APEX is selling for a rate more accurate to a fresher server of about 600g a piece that would 25-50 APEX or 250-500$

So someone coming in at month three would have to drop 750$-1500$ to get setup equally as well as my three months playtime and 90$ investment got me.

Swipe, swipe, swipe away. Not really concerned. Gear disparity is based 90% on how long you've been playing and 10% on swiping. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    trade packs are pretty bad now for the most part. Most can only be made with mats that are bought with vocation badges and you only get those with daily quests. Super farming depndant now and trade packs are super expensive.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Eldurian.. i dont think you know what a fresh start server with limited market is like. You will spend the first 2 weeks just fighting over trees out in the wild. Its going to be even worse now that you cant buy trees from the vendor for silver. You wont be making packs.. you will be lucky to have 1 clipper for your whole guild in week one.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I would like to play again to try the Warborn and  also because the cash shop is supposed to be limited on the new server. But i also heard that the limited cash shop is only temporary and that after some time it will go back to being full and p2w, so whats the poin of the new servers if they will be ruined too?

Eldurian said:

There are a few other that get it. The content I did as a patron would earn me a 900g APEX about every 3 days. Doing better content allows you to earn it even faster.

30 divided by three is ten. Ten APEX a month is 100$. So I'm making about 100$ dollars a month worth of APEX or 78$ if you are willing to risk an account ban and stolen credit card information by going through gold sellers.

Starting at month day one and earning the same gold I did on my last server I would be 9000 gold or 100$ ahead of anyone for each month later that they join.

2. I did not start playing the auction house until my last 2-3 weeks of play last time and as such did not include it in my 300 gold a day calculations.
    3. I'm registering two accounts this time and while I will not have the time to to burn labor at full efficiency on each that should bring my profits to about 500 gold a day using the labor burn methods I am intending on.

So all factors considered in we are looking at 500-1000 gold a day or 15,000 to 30,000 gold a month. That's 17 - 33 Apex at 900g each (rounded) or about 170$-330$ of swiping. If APEX is selling for a rate more accurate to a fresher server of about 600g a piece that would 25-50 APEX or 250-500$

So someone coming in at month three would have to drop 750$-1500$ to get setup equally as well as my three months playtime and 90$ investment got me.

Swipe, swipe, swipe away. Not really concerned. Gear disparity is based 90% on how long you've been playing and 10% on swiping. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.
    Somewhere in here I'm sure you're playing a video game... *shrug*
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited December 2016
    You need to get enough lumber for your first 16x16 you can get from quests and then you can grow your lumber on your 16x16. If that requires pooling the guild's lumber to get the first person a 16x16 and working to help everyone who contributed until we all have 16x16s I'm cool with that. Between that and hitting people's illegal tree farms / anything we find in the wild I really doubt it will take a week to have a fairly steady supply of lumber.

The nerfs to tradepacks are actually really good for anyone who is commerce focused and really bad for people who run trains of 7 alts with haulers. The difficulty for making packs has gone up but so have the payouts. I'm actually quite excited about the commerce changes. Some of the new western safezone runs are worth like 22 gold a pack for a speciality pack. Can't wait to see the payouts for Freedich and cross-faction runs.
    edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:

Ooooooor I could get a job that pays $20 an hour, swipe my credit card, and get my $100 of Apex in one work day instead of a friggin' month of hardcore playtime....
    Eldurian said:

*A bunch of math that shoots your point to hell and points out how ridiculous the idea of AA being "Pay to win" as opposed to "Play to win" is.*
    Anti-intellectualism is not a becoming trait. You can always just admit that I shut down your emotionally charged and logic deficient argument. Pay to win is a nice buzz word to throw around but it doesn't hold up to the facts. Especially when items like APEX, PLEX, etc. are becoming increasingly common across most games. Even WoW does it now.
    Tiamat64 said:
    Eldurian said:

Ooooooor I could get a job that pays $20 an hour, swipe my credit card, and get my $100 of Apex in one work day instead of a friggin' month of hardcore playtime....
    Because the vast majority of people can simply get an extra day of work at 20$/hr like it's nothing and will use this money for APEX. 

And because a month of "hardcore" (historically 2-3 hours a day on average for me) playtime and a day of work are two equally enjoyable activities.

What you are talking about is an outlier scenario. Not everyone or even one in 100 people playing the game will invest 100$ a month into it. Much less 170$-330$.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    edited December 2016
    So much wrong info in this thread. To the people complaining about the P2W factor that is currently in effect on LIVE, this is if you start on 10 Dec on a FRESH REALM no longer the case!!  All Pay 2 Win super potions have been removed anyone claiming otherwise has not been playing the PTS or simply does not know what current creditcard warriors are abusing to get an advantage. I really think this will be one of the biggest comebacks of a MMO ever made, thus far a shitton of famous streamers are doing 24h streams and old players looking forward to returning. We just got to hope that after 6 months they don't change their mind and add shit to the cash shop again.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Vexiusx said:
    So much wrong info in this thread. To the people complaining about the P2W factor that is currently in effect on LIVE, this is if you start on 10 Dec on a FRESH REALM no longer the case!!  All Pay 2 Win super potions have been removed anyone claiming otherwise has not been playing the PTS or simply does not know what current creditcard warriors are abusing to get an advantage. I really think this will be one of the biggest comebacks of a MMO ever made, thus far a shitton of famous streamers are doing 24h streams and old players looking forward to returning. We just got to hope that after 6 months they don't change their mind and add shit to the cash shop again.
    The concern is how long does it take for trion to then open the p2w on the server.
    Originally it was forecast to be 12 months, then they changed their mind, to be minimum of 6-9 months, then they changed their mind again, and made no definitive date, some long term respected players seem to think this could be even as short as 12 weeks.

Ask yourself this, Will trion (being a business) not open up the cashshop if the new servers are the busiest, the legacy servers will be almost dead, if the numbers are to be believed of those going on the new servers, so trion will just sit by going "its ok lads, the busiest server earns us no money!". Will they ?

Fact is we will (and i was planning on starting again on the new server) get a small head start, but those who think it will be a p2w free zone for a long term will be mistaken, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if take less than 12 weeks for the lesser p2w items appear, they will gradually introduce them until 6 months in the same cashshop will be on legacy as it will new.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:

Because the vast majority of people can simply get an extra day of work at 20$/hr like it's nothing and will use this money for APEX. 

And because a month of "hardcore" (historically 2-3 hours a day on average for me) playtime and a day of work are two equally enjoyable activities.

What you are talking about is an outlier scenario. Not everyone or even one in 100 people playing the game will invest 100$ a month into it. Much less 170$-330$.
    It's not about who will spend $100 to circumvent a month of playtime, if you recall the original reason you were defending the game and think about why some people decry the game as P2W.  It's about how a person can.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Eldurian said:
    You need to get enough lumber for your first 16x16 you can get from quests and then you can grow your lumber on your 16x16. If that requires pooling the guild's lumber to get the first person a 16x16 and working to help everyone who contributed until we all have 16x16s I'm cool with that. Between that and hitting people's illegal tree farms / anything we find in the wild I really doubt it will take a week to have a fairly steady supply of lumber.

The nerfs to tradepacks are actually really good for anyone who is commerce focused and really bad for people who run trains of 7 alts with haulers. The difficulty for making packs has gone up but so have the payouts. I'm actually quite excited about the commerce changes. Some of the new western safezone runs are worth like 22 gold a pack for a speciality pack. Can't wait to see the payouts for Freedich and cross-faction runs.
    No one is going to be doing hauler runs. Wagon upgrade tickets won't be on the marketplace.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Eldurian said:
    Scorchien said:

"If you have 50 members swarm Freedich with 2000 gearscore you will probably lose."
    yes.. good so we agree , the swipers .. Win .. thx genius
    Quazal.A said:
    Vexiusx said:
    The concern is how long does it take for trion to then open the p2w on the server.
    Originally it was forecast to be 12 months, then they changed their mind, to be minimum of 6-9 months, then they changed their mind again, and made no definitive date, some long term respected players seem to think this could be even as short as 12 weeks.

Ask yourself this, Will trion (being a business) not open up the cashshop if the new servers are the busiest, the legacy servers will be almost dead, if the numbers are to be believed of those going on the new servers, so trion will just sit by going "its ok lads, the busiest server earns us no money!". Will they ?

Fact is we will (and i was planning on starting again on the new server) get a small head start, but those who think it will be a p2w free zone for a long term will be mistaken, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if take less than 12 weeks for the lesser p2w items appear, they will gradually introduce them until 6 months in the same cashshop will be on legacy as it will new.
    Trion probably changed the time periods as soon as someone in marketting pointed out the profits they made from the whales on the current servers and then in regards to the new ones, said  "How the heck are we going to make money?"

Unless this new server somehow attracts enough small-cash players to make up for NOT having players who spend thousands upon thousands upon thousands (which will likely be the case considering the hype has gone down), Trion will likely open up the "P2W" floodgates sooner rather than later.
    edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:
    Eldurian said:

*A bunch of math that shoots your point to hell and points out how ridiculous the idea of AA being "Pay to win" as opposed to "Play to win" is.*
    Anti-intellectualism is not a becoming trait. You can always just admit that I shut down your emotionally charged and logic deficient argument. Pay to win is a nice buzz word to throw around but it doesn't hold up to the facts. Especially when items like APEX, PLEX, etc. are becoming increasingly common across most games. Even WoW does it now.
    Archeage has been P2W or P2G (however you wish to resolve it in your mind) for a while. How is this anti-intellectualism? 

All you basically did was explain how you're getting on the fresh start server to be something you can't and won't be on your legacy server... ahead. You also explained how you have to buy 2 accounts to do it. I said it in 3 lines. Writing more doesn't make you "smaht".

This is no different than the other 2 "fresh start" servers. Get as many suckers who were plebs on their legacy servers to feel like they'll have a chance to feel like their ahead of everyone else. It will be short lived.

Good luck on your land grab, race to 55, race to Obsidian 7/8 (whatever number they're on now), and getting your epic/legendary buff... oh yeah, your toughness gems. Pay your tithe to RNJesus.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited December 2016
    Eldurian said:
    Eldurian said:

Archeage has been P2W or P2G (however you wish to resolve it in your mind) for a while. How is this anti-intellectualism? 

All you basically did was explain how you're getting on the fresh start server to be something you can't and won't be on your legacy server... ahead. You also explained how you have to buy 2 accounts to do it. I said it in 3 lines. Writing more doesn't make you "smaht".

This is no different than the other 2 "fresh start" servers. Get as many suckers who were plebs on their legacy servers to feel like they'll have a chance to feel like their ahead of everyone else. It will be short lived.

Good luck on your land grab, race to 55, race to Obsidian 7/8 (whatever number they're on now), and getting your epic/legendary buff... oh yeah, your toughness gems. Pay your tithe to RNJesus.
    It's anti-intellectualism because I presented you with math and you essentially criticized me for doing math in a video game.

Most of the stuff you are talking about are things you have to actually play the game to do.

1. "Land Grab" They're removing placable buildings from the AH at the start. You'll have to actually do the quests or get gilda for deeds to place land.

2. Race to 55. They've removed labor potions. You'll have to either quest or wait for natural labor regeneration to level up.

3. Obsidian 7/8. While grading is still RNG Obsidian is actually non-RNG. I can either play the regrade game to get a base piece where I want it or buy a piece that's already at a grade I want. Then it's just a matter of gathering the materials to tier it up and doing it.

4. Epic/Legendary buff. This is actually RNG but like I said, I can choose to accept the risks myself, or simply pay the gold for a piece that's already where I want it. There is a large market for both buyers and sellers of regraded tier 1 celestial/epic/legendary equipment.

5. Toughness Gems. Simple as heck to get since the addition of arenas without equipment points. Just doing your dailies will get you to about where you need to be. I had toughness and resilience gems on gear I was using before I hit 3k equipment points simply because I had so many honor points from constantly running my daily arenas.

So yeah. I can get exactly where I want to be simply by playing the game. And the level of RNG I experience hinges primarily upon the level of risk I personally decide I want to take.
    edited December 2016
    Scorchien said:
    Eldurian said:
    Scorchien said:

yes.. good so we agree , the swipers .. Win .. thx genius
    2000 equipment points doesn't mean not a swiper. 2000 equipment points means either super new or not actively playing the game. Especially since the release of obsidian gear.
    Post edited by Eldurian on
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Eldurian said:
    rodarin said:
    Unless they massively overhauled the system trade packs lost you money. It was much more money not even owning land but buying off the Ah processing it and selling the raw materials.

You bought chili peppers to make chopped produce, you bought Poppies or Saffron for Spices, Ginseng for medicine, quinoa or beans for grain and cornflower for flowers. Or if something was way below 'market' value you could buy that up too. But selling those raw mats to fools who couldnt do math was much more than growing things breaking it down and driving it around yourself.
    You have to do long distance runs but those have always been profitable. Farming is dramatically less profitable even if you have unlimited land for free. Overseas runs have an inherently better payout rate and a lot less people do them so the payout is overall way better than anything that can be done in a safezone.
    No they werent. After labor and mats some of those made about 2 G per pack, some even lost money, even the ones from the PvP zone. I havent played in awhile so I cant remember the specifics but the mats could be sold for quite a bit so factoring the sale price as the price on the pack they were not profitable whatsoever. You could buy those things I said spend a few S on knives and turn those items into raw materials. 

Like I said I havent played in awhile but they 2.5 to 10G per unit. Ground grain might slip down to 2 sometimes.

They were so bad I used to make packs and just leave them on the ground. Because turning them in wasnt worth the labor costs but getting the rep making them and the small percentage of money was break even more or less.

we did the math a thousand times back and forth and unless they are twice as much as they used to be they still arent worth doing compared to hammering the AH with raw materials.

So while I cant speak for the current I can say for certain that there were maybe 4 or 5 packs that actually were worth doing as in they didnt lose you money. Factoring labor into the equation anyway.