Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I'm willing to try but I'm not willing to pay for trying.  Maybe they will do a free week soon.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    @cagan thanks for watching my stream and sorry if that is the impressions you get from the game.  It's unfortunate that you wouldn't even give the game a chance by playing it, but again, people with a lack of intellect will never enjoy the game of Albion so I suppose it is good that you saved your $30.

@Frammshamm I bet you you cannot point to any statistics but rather just used the word to appear like you had weight behind your comments.  Show me some statistics that you speak of brother...you can't, because you pulled that word out of your ass.  GTFO of here bro with your negativity and frivolous comments towards a game that will ultimately become the go to game for people who enjoy the UO Sandbox Genre experience.

@MightyUnclean what you call floundering I call progress.  They have sold over 200,000 copies of the game and will have an incredibly healthy population once the game releases.  They have the luxury to make the game great BEFORE it goes live and they spend marketing dollars to promote it. 

Most of you negative people in this thread know nothing about the business and marketing of games.  If you did, you would know that Albion Online is going to be the biggest thing since slice bread upon release with hundreds of thousands of active players for years to come.

But it's cool.  WE DONT WANT PEOPLE WHO LACK INTELLECT playing the game.  Or wait, maybe we do, so that we can take your loot when we slaughter you.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    This thread will be fun to revisit with all our combined Intellects , 1 year after Albion releases ....

lmao .. he said Hundreds of Thousands of players for years to come , thats cute ..Bahahahaha
    @Scorchien you will be one of the many hundreds of thousands of people who play Albion Online but you are not a leader, but a follower...I will welcome your loot in open arms when I dance all over your dead corpse.  

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain 

P.S. -->  Large Scale Castle Fight About To Pop Off In 30 Mins or So on my Live Stream: 
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    wasted moneys, wait for it fully release

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Phry said:
    looks like a retro game tbh, click to move, virtually no character customisation, years ago it might have competed with UO as was, then again, maybe it wouldn't have, but Click to move, that is so last century, its almost like living the 90's again. image
    Yea that is why moba's are so unpopular everyone hates mobas

If the camera angle and combat system both have point and click in mind it is perfectly fine. What makes everyone cringe when hearing click to move is their expierience with your old and crappy mmos that had click to move but a camera point of view that only worked with wasd.
    @itsover Why wait when you can learn about this wonderful game of Albion right now!  Most people who play now will have a supreme advantage over others who do not play until the game releases.  If you want to get the edge, then you should play the game now.  #MakeAlbionGreatAgain #MAGA
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    I thought it was ok, but like many many others i stopped playing to await the launch. However the beta test phase's keep getting extended or extra beta's put in. Each time the servers are wiped. Did not join this final beta stage as everythign would be wiped at launch, rather than lose everything again, many of us decided to drop out and let others continue playing, whilst others take a break (hey we done wont to burn out before release afterall).

When i played it was nothing special, a medicre game, not as good as some but way better than others. Its fun but very grindy. Can get a little dull solo playing, so its best played with friends or with guild allies. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Onigod said:
    Phry said:
    looks like a retro game tbh, click to move, virtually no character customisation, years ago it might have competed with UO as was, then again, maybe it wouldn't have, but Click to move, that is so last century, its almost like living the 90's again. image
    Yea that is why moba's are so unpopular everyone hates mobas

If the camera angle and combat system both have point and click in mind it is perfectly fine. What makes everyone cringe when hearing click to move is their expierience with your old and crappy mmos that had click to move but a camera point of view that only worked with wasd.
    I prefer modern games, i was around during the days of UO, Meridian 59, Everquest, The Realm even, and with every stage of gaming evolution since then, games have improved, i am really not at all nostalgic for the days of UO, i was there, i have no desire to repeat there are far too many modern games that not only look awesome, but they have really good gameplay too, maybe when i am 90 and my eyesight is going, my motor control is shot, maybe then a game like Albion will be appealing, probably not though  :p
    edited December 2016
    Blackboa said:
    @itsover Why wait when you can learn about this wonderful game of Albion right now!  Most people who play now will have a supreme advantage over others who do not play until the game releases.  If you want to get the edge, then you should play the game now.  #MakeAlbionGreatAgain #MAGA
    Ahh good info for the community , So in the same breath , those who start later will be at a Supreme Disadvantage under others that start in EA ..

So then why would someone want to start later , way to scare off some of the community , Your not very good at this promoting thing are you
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Blackboa said:

what ? you can brain wash other peoples, but not me, game is out date and over price, their is many game out there right now that have more fun and its free, or very little price ( GW2, ESO, black desert....... ). Since I have a better gaming pc, I can play more tripple AAA title, there is so much more game open for me to play. Albion is out date game.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Not going to argue any more with someone who can't make a point without being condescending and using personal insults.  Have a good night!
    You too. Maybe some day you'll learn to understand what someone is telling you, or at last learn to keep your mouth shut until you can figure it out. 

It's easy to tell the people that don't go out much. Just chill.
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
      Game is OK! the development team has no idea what there doing with it atm though and it has a serious identity issue. They are trying to please way to many people and have strayed far from the original vision since the first beta. For example there even looking at adding a pve skill tree becasue the PVE in this game is the least rewarding you will ever play in any game it is simply horrendous. Also there are many broken classes and comps for gvg that are making balance really hard like a dual dagger com that can 1hit any player in the game without even stacking dots. And not to mention this game is extremly pay to win and my suspicions of this are confrrmed when we fight a guild with 0 crafters that just buys millions of silver off the AH to support its members.
  • SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    The game itself  I feel is simple in mechanics and in a never ending Beta. I wish I did not pre-purchase it and would advise anyone thinking about it to simply wait until it is released. You can definitely feel the 'mobile restrictions'.

There's no doubt I'll try it again during release but that could be 2017/2018/2019 or later at this rate. I think the game will become pretty boring after a while but I'm hoping that it proves me wrong. 

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    it is a game about mechanics to me. . which I do enjoy.  The interface, graphics etc are nothing special.  You can progress well and contribute as a casual player or you can grind to your hearts content.  The game is a little shallow if you are looking for story.  You have to get involved with others but it is easier to do in this game than most.  It just feels natural.

I am not playing it right now because I realized it is grindy and repetitive to explore solo after a point and I don't want to work my arse off until release when the reward will be maintained.  Just my thoughts.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Blackboa said:
    @Moirae it does have a classic feel to it but the graphics are certainly more up to date than a game made in the 90's.  
    rofl. Last time I played, the toon doesn't blink or move when standing making them look like static objects in game. They have "computer access" just like in Vampire Bloodlines where you can use keyboard keys to navigate through information systems. EQ2 has more up to date graphics and animation than TSW. So no. 
    @Manestream agree that the game is not at its optimal straight but is still a very fun game.  I am sold on the game and its prospects and agree that it is better played with others, unless you stream the game, then solo play can be fun while you talk to your chat :).  Highly recommend that people stream the game so that we can get the word out more.

@Phry so are you one who enjoys themepark MMORPG's then?  The site of a yellow quest marker makes me want to shoot myself.  From a sandbox MMORPG perspective, there is no greater game out on the market today that captures that genre as excellent as Albion Online.

@Scorchien whether they start now or start later, as long as they start, I am all for it :).

@itsover it appears then that you are more for Themepark questing MMORPG's then...which are all WOW clones and bore the hell out of me.  Enjoy those games then my friend.  I will stick to a true sandbox game that is phenomenal in what it does in its niche.  Good luck to you.

@Rasiem your comments are simply not true regarding pay to win.  You are a troll.  Pay to win is when you are able to purchase items off of a store that are not attainable in any other way in game.  Albion has no such system and hence, you are simply spreading lies.  Doesn't help anyone bro, so shut your mouth.

@Smoey unfortunately not trying it now and waiting till a later date is robbing people of the learning experience they can have and the fun they can have now. Even in beta, Albion is the best sandbox MMORPG available.  I cannot stress the sandbox element enough here.  If you are looking for a themepark game, Albion is not for you.  But from a sandbox perspective, there is none better.  I think you just don't like Sandbox games brother.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    edited December 2016
    But why would they want to because as you said.....

" Most people who play now will have a supreme advantage over others who do not play until the game releases.  If you want to get the edge, then you should play the game now."

And after all you are the all knowing of Albion that possess superior Intellect, so it must be true ....

@Scorchien you know that this is true of any game that it is Beta.  The people who play the games in beta have an advantage over those who didn't in terms of knowledge of the game mechanics.  With your logic, then why would anyone play any game who did not play in beta?

This is just a suggestion to those who already know about the game and are thinking if they should wait till the game releases.  My opinion is don't wait.  Play now.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    Blackboa said:
    @Scorchien you know that this is true of any game that it is Beta.  The people who play the games in beta have an advantage over those who didn't in terms of knowledge of the game mechanics.  With your logic, then why would anyone play any game who did not play in beta?

This is just a suggestion to those who already know about the game and are thinking if they should wait till the game releases.  My opinion is don't wait.  Play now.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    no your opinion is  ...

" Most people who play now will have a supreme advantage over others who do not play until the game releases.  If you want to get the edge, then you should play the game now."

which is quite different from the song you sing now ...
    @Gymrat313 sorry my friend.  This is the game that I love and I will defend it to the core.  I think people will see the passion of the people who love this game and want to be part of a community that cares about the game.

I am defending it the way I am because declarative statements like that from @Scorchien have the risk of influencing people with false information.

So I will not stop promoting or defending this game just because you think I have a polarizing personality.  In fact, if you knew me and followed my stream, you would find that I am anything but polarizing.

My campaign to #MakeAlbionGreatAgain shall continue.
    edited December 2016
    Blackboa said:
    @Gymrat313 sorry my friend.  This is the game that I love and I will defend it to the core.  I think people will see the passion of the people who love this game and want to be part of a community that cares about the game.

I am defending it the way I am because declarative statements like that from @Scorchien have the risk of influencing people with false information.

So I will not stop promoting or defending this game just because you think I have a polarizing personality.  In fact, if you knew me and followed my stream, you would find that I am anything but polarizing.

My campaign to #MakeAlbionGreatAgain shall continue.
    Now time to fail again ... Show me what false information I posted ... ...

que Jeopardy Music...

Exactly right , so the only False Information here is you , saying i have posted false information
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    After carefully reading this thread, my decision is to wait and see. I will not play now.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Blackboa said:
    This is the best part. It shows you know truly nothing about the game and its :progress: throughout the alphas. Playing any ONE test yeilds you nothing since the game has been bascially remade for each iteration. The map changes, the economy changes, the recipes change, the land system changes, the feasibility of weapons and PVE changes, the requirements for holding land changes, the PVP flagging system changes, the reputation system changes. The ONLY thing that doesnt change is that every iteration is a giant fucking boring grind of killing the same shit over and over again. Sure, its fun for a week because you have to pvp for your spawns. Three weeks into every iteration the spawns are full bc there is no one left. All you do is get to t5 in different builds to test shit for the next 3 months until they inevtiably wipe and re-make( fuck up ) the game.  People race to get their buildings to t6 only to find out T7 mats arent even spawning. Team takes literally 5 weeks to fix the issue. By the time they fix it, 90% of players are gone. This has happened in EVERY ITERATION. If you want proof, go to the forums and oyull find posts of peak queensmarket/ Kingsmarket HUB populations. Youll find nothing but posts complaining that they do "pvp" roams in black areas for 3 hours and not find a single person. 

LoL.. "get the edge"... you are a pathetic joke. 100% irrelevant in an irrelevant game.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Blackboa said:
    @Scorchien you are right it is not UO.  Its a whole different game naturally and no game will likely completely capture all of the elements of the glory days of UO.  But to say the game is rubbish in my opinion denotes a bit of troll in you that I can't take seriously.  You can have your own opinions but don't ruin the experience for the rest of the potential players who want to give the game a shot and suddenly read your comment of extreme negativity.  Grow up bro.  If it is not your cup of tea, so be it.  
    Damn bro.. you must really think highly of Scorchien if you think his words actually matter that much to potential players.
This discussion has been closed.