Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you play on the "opposite" server?

Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
edited November 2016 in Elder Scrolls Online
Just a fun little poll here. I'm American but keep very odd hours, typically waking up at 2 AM cst. Not because I have to, I'm retired. I simply enjoy the early hours.

But needless to say this makes finding a group hard on the NA server. So I switched to the Euro server a few years back.

I am curious if anyone else like me is out there - a Euro playing on NA or vice versa, and if so, why?

I will add that the Euro server has its own zeitgeist, ambiance, whatever you want to call it, that I also enjoy over its NA equivalent.

Comments

• SakijiSakiji Member UncommonPosts: 2
    You do know that we have different servers to a large part not because of different "demographics", but because of latency, which makes high level play impossible, in PvE but even more so in PvP.

-on topic
    At times I'd start a new mmo with a friend from NA (EU myself), then we'd take turns taking the d*, one game I'd switch to NA, for the other we'd stay on EU etc.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I haven't yet. I've only played in the NA server. But now that they've removed the requirement to have a separate install for each server, I might just check out the EUPC one... hey more character slots for experimenting :)

I'be been on TS or Discord many times in Cyrodiil with European players playing in the NAPC server. Most of them also cited odd hours for doing it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I will probably try it now that it's easier.  With other games  I did it was SWTOR to play around with alts and when the NA server once went down after launch.  Skyforge in order to have an alt since you only have one character per server.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Live in America, play on the American server... LOVE visiting Europe, will visit the Europe server

Sz  :)
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Sakiji said:
    You do know that we have different servers to a large part not because of different "demographics", but because of latency, which makes high level play impossible, in PvE but even more so in PvP.

Yes, I "knew" that.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    So, I have been playing on the EU server and LOVE it!  I have a HUGE question though and I am scared to try it before I know - can I use the add-on Master Merchant on both servers?  I am scared it will screw it up so I haven't tried.  How would it know how to separate the servers?  I'm freaking...

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    SaunZ said:
    So, I have been playing on the EU server and LOVE it!  I have a HUGE question though and I am scared to try it before I know - can I use the add-on Master Merchant on both servers?  I am scared it will screw it up so I haven't tried.  How would it know how to separate the servers?  I'm freaking...

That's a great question. Since the add on folder is no longer differentiated between EU and NA servers I have no idea. Let me know if you arrive at an answer.