Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

Comments

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    @Scorchien I agree that you are entitled to your opinion although I wholeheartedly disagree with it.  Albion Online is an amazing game but your intellect simply cannot fathom how good of a game it is.

For those of you would wish to legitimately learn more about the game and not listen to the troll who is Scorchien, my stream is live on twitch as we speak and you may ask questions there: http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
  • KylockKylock Member UncommonPosts: 8
    In answer to the question:
    My son was very keen on getting this so I bought it for him last year and he returned to it recently, granted there are some changes that have been made, etc but my opinion is that the hype far exceeds the reality, unfortunately.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Blackboa said:
    @Scorchien I agree that you are entitled to your opinion although I wholeheartedly disagree with it.  Albion Online is an amazing game but your intellect simply cannot fathom how good of a game it is.

For those of you would wish to legitimately learn more about the game and not listen to the troll who is Scorchien, my stream is live on twitch as we speak and you may ask questions there: http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming.

#MakeAlbionGreatAgain
    Just cant help your self huh, let me tell ye sumthin Mr Intellect , Helen fuggin Keller could play Albion and have success, Intellect my ass , its a very shallow game , which many have already come to realize , and many more will after it releases..
    @Scorchien the beauty of Albion Online is in its simplicity, focusing in on core elements of open world pvp, guild vs guild, crafting, and generally the sandbox element that allows the community to make the most of it.

Those who do not have imagination will just view the platform and not know what to do in a sandbox.  A Sandbox mmorpg is what you make it.  I have a feeling you did not try to play with any of the sand within the sandbox and just looked at the platform in which those with intellect play within.

Because you lack intellect, you did not see the beauty of Albion Online.  

Go have some more of your tea please...your getting a bit testy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

@blueturtle13 indeed it is brother!  Cannot wait to see the progress the dev's continue to make.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I love Albion Online and the latest (4 gig!) update is a great addition to expanding the game. This is a game being done right. Great times.

I am glad to hear that.

Here is something I really like which everyone should check out:  

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Blackboa said:
    @Scorchien it took you a while to come up with that attempt of a witty response.  Good for you :).

Just pointing out that words matter is all.  I think playing the game for a month doesn't really give you the full experience of the game, but if that is all it took for you to form an opinion, who am I to judge.

Enjoy your tea.  Have a nice day as well.
    Considering that the average play time of all players who have played in any of the betas is less than 2 weeks before they quit each iteration, id say your opinion of how long it takes is a giant fucking joke.

They havent even been able to properly test the land auction system because 90% of the population is gone before the month rolls around. 

Have fun in a game that SO AWESOME, no one can stomach it long enough to make an opinion of it in your eyes.
  • RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83
    If you like PvP, GvG type games, then you will probably like this game.  This is a group focused game.  I played this one and found trading fun. I have not played for a while though, I am not sure if I would play it long term.

I am leaning toward CU personally,  if it releases.

Redsalt... the other salt.

@Frammshamm you must be related to @Scorchien because your intellects are both too low to appreciate the game which is Albion Online.  Good day to you both.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    A game that charges money before its even finished.  Thats all I needed to know.  *kicks his Archeage figure*  *prints some Star Citizen jpegs and burns them*
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I did watch your stream and before that I was actually planning to buy the game. After watching I see that it has a long way to go. World is very generic and bland/boring. A lot of load screens unlike UO, and the graphics are also lackluster...
    Maybe in a few years with polish it might end up being a good game but right now it looks pretty bad
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited December 2016
    Another game floundering in perpetual early access.  Only difference is, it's beta this time instead of alpha.  The players have stopped caring.  The general forum used to get tons of posts every day.  Now, there are a handful of posts daily.

I used to think early access was great.  Turns out, it's the bane of MMO development.  It causes burnout and frustration before a game is even released.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Having read reviews about the game..I cannot find ONE thing that would induce me to even try this game.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Blackboa said:
    @Frammshamm you must be related to @Scorchien because your intellects are both too low to appreciate the game which is Albion Online.  Good day to you both.
    I need only point to the statistics and say " have fun in your empty game full of erudites".

Or I can point at you and laugh since I most likely have 3 times the hours in that game than you do, have accomplished more in that game than you ever will, and after all that, am smart enough to realize the game and its developers are worthless pieces of shit.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Love the game and loving the direction they are going. It's been a good ride so far.

I really couldn't care less what other people think about the games I play. I play what I enjoy and leave the armchair expertise and elitist snobbery to those with low self-esteem, damaged egos, and social issues.

Love the game and loving the direction they are going. It's been a good ride so far.

I really couldn't care less what other people think about the games I play. I play what I enjoy and leave the armchair expertise and elitist snobbery to those with low self-esteem, damaged egos, and social issues.

Wow, is that what you think of everyone who has a different opinion than you?  Bring out the personal insults, right?

Wow, is that what you think of everyone who has a different opinion than you?  Bring out the personal insults, right?
    You can have a different opinion, I just don't give a shit what it is.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

So you only come to this forum to read the opinions of those who agree with you?  You don't give a shit about the opinions of those who don't?  Wow, what a limited view.  What a way to wall yourself off from growing and learning.

So you only come to this forum to read the opinions of those who agree with you?  You don't give a shit about the opinions of those who don't?  Wow, what a limited view.  What a way to wall yourself off from growing and learning.
    You're really clueless, aren't you. Move on, scooter. You're never going to get it.

You're really clueless, aren't you. Move on, scooter. You're never going to get it.

Riiiight, more personal insults.  I think I see how you roll.

Riiiight, more personal insults.  I think I see how you roll.
    No, you don't know how I roll. You read something and make up in your head what you think is meant and then make a comment about it without the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Let me put it in small chunks of information for you...

I don't care what other people think about the games I play, whether I agree with them or not. I make my own decisions and leave those who insist on trying to pass off their opinion as fact -- which is 95% of the people here -- alone.

Is that clear enough for you or would you like to conjure up more assumptions because you seem to be incapable of understanding what you read?

Not going to argue any more with someone who can't make a point without being condescending and using personal insults.  Have a good night!
    Not going to argue any more with someone who can't make a point without being condescending and using personal insults.  Have a good night!
    You too. Maybe some day you'll learn to understand what someone is telling you, or at last learn to keep your mouth shut until you can figure it out. 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2016
    I wonder if the in-game community is as bad as some of the users posting in this thread praising the game are behaving.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

This discussion has been closed.