Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Children Of The Smith By Blind Guardian - The Dwarves - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageChildren Of The Smith By Blind Guardian - The Dwarves - MMORPG.com

The Dwarves News - KING Art Games released The Dwarves, an isometric RPG based on book trilogy of the same name authored by Markus Heitz, earlier this week. As part of the celebration of the game's arrival, the team also released a music video featured the band Blind Guardian performing the song Children of the Smith that features in-game music as well as the band performing in the recording studio. Check it out and see what you think!

Read the full story here

Comments

• palt94palt94 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    For no reason from this moment on I wanted to be a dwarf.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Awesome. Blind Guardian did a song for Sacred 2 also. The bards in the towns would sing it when you walked past them, and you could hear the full song at an in-game concert.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2016
    Symphonic Rock.

Lovers of Middle Earth who haven't come across Blind Guardian may want to give "Nightfall in Middle Earth" a listen. Lyrics drawn from the Silmarillion - opening words: The field is lost, The Black One has fallen from the sky.

I do have a soft spot for The Bard's Tale - in the Forest though (much more melodic than The Bard's Tale - The Hobbit)!

And with other tracks like Quest for Tanelorn (Michael Moorcock) Blind Guardian are a natural choice for stuff like this. The game looks OK as well.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    In school I had a friend who was almost religiously obsessed with Blind Guardian.
    That was of course during the time of the 2nd age.. uhm I mean long before Lord of the Rings became mainstream.

I never shared his obsession but damn...

That song is an epic mix of art and awesomeness.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • FaceGraterFaceGrater Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I love Blind Guardian. Awesomely cheesy!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited December 2016
    Loved what they did in Sacred 2 also , when you completed there quest line and recovered all there instruments you got this Concert in game ...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iry-fullyhosted_003&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003&hspart=iry&p=Sacred+2+Blind+Guardian#id=2&vid=679a9794c8641f7519daf

Bahh 4th vid on top
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited December 2016
    The digital special edition includes the complete soundtrack.

I like good soundtracks and sometimes they are worth spending the extra money on a game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Huge Blind guardian fan here, now if they just could make the game as good as the music...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sadly when i searched for videos to watch,they were all setup by the developer or paid lackeys.

Anyhow,i watched one by a you tuber who was given the game before others ,it completely truned meoff.
    It looks like a cheap MOBA,top down view,terrible looking characters "very low poly" and a pile of dumb minions just like in moba's.
    The only saving grace "perhaps did not watch long enough?" was i did not see the typical spam killing,like kill 10 minions one blow,but i am sure it is there.

I would say a cross between arpg and moba,of which neither genre interests me at all.Too bad because like all advertising,they made it sound interesting but after seeing ...1/10.Not worth playing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Interesting. After watching the video I was more interested in the band than the game
  • DapackDapack Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Why are single player games on this website?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Dapack said:
    The world turns. Option 1: the sites closes down; option 2: it widens its remit. Your choice would be?
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Great song!
    Dapack said:
    Because that was decided over a year ago.

What a useful second post by you in the last 13 years.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wizardry said:
    Sadly when i searched for videos to watch,they were all setup by the developer or paid lackeys.

Anyhow,i watched one by a you tuber who was given the game before others ,it completely truned meoff.
    It looks like a cheap MOBA,top down view,terrible looking characters "very low poly" and a pile of dumb minions just like in moba's.
    The only saving grace "perhaps did not watch long enough?" was i did not see the typical spam killing,like kill 10 minions one blow,but i am sure it is there.

I would say a cross between arpg and moba,of which neither genre interests me at all.Too bad because like all advertising,they made it sound interesting but after seeing ...1/10.Not worth playing.
    yea i hear ya brother its no FFXI thats for sure
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    So has anyone here played this? Impressions?
    YashaX said:
    So has anyone here played this? Impressions?
    I didn't expect this after seeing the gameplay but the majority of the ratings on steam is positive.

The people who downrated the game criticized counter intuitive controls and a very stupid AI which leads to repetitive standard situations.

Most agreed though that the game can be beaten in 7-14 hours so the price of 40€ is quite steep.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Blind Guardian is pretty good, but Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is my preference for power metal.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Aeander said:
    Blind Guardian is pretty good, but Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is my preference for power metal.
    While I do like Rhapsody/Luca Turilli/Rhapsody of fire/Kamelot (those guys work really friggin hard)., Blind guardian is better. Seen both BG and Kamelot live (which is about half of Rhapsody) at Sweden Rock and BG just was a bit better.

My personal favorite power metal band is "Demons and wizards" though, same singer as Blind guardian but Iced Earth plays the music. Well, that is unless you count Delain as power metal.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited December 2016
    Loke666 said:
    Aeander said:
    While I do like Rhapsody/Luca Turilli/Rhapsody of fire/Kamelot (those guys work really friggin hard)., Blind guardian is better. Seen both BG and Kamelot live (which is about half of Rhapsody) at Sweden Rock and BG just was a bit better.

My personal favorite power metal band is "Demons and wizards" though, same singer as Blind guardian but Iced Earth plays the music. Well, that is unless you count Delain as power metal.
    It's all personal preference at the end of the day. I like pretty much all of them (with Luca Turilli, Rhapsody of Fire, Kamelot, and Battlelore near the top for me). Their styles are all drastically different. It's a strong genre overall, and one of the only power metal bands that I generally won't listen to is Avantasia. 

I'm not sure if Delain/Within Temptation/Edenbridge/etc. count as power metal. They might. They're good regardless.
    Post edited by Aeander on