Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have played, how is it?

Comments

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited July 2016
    Im liking it to some extent, dont think I can get past the gank-fest nature of a game like this tho. When you are swarmed by (5) T8 players for having the audacity of trying to find some T5 mobs to farm in your T4 gear .. whats the point for someone who anticipates soloing a fair amount?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    azmundai said:
    Im liking it to some extent, dont think I can get past the gank-fest nature of a game like this tho. When you are swarmed by (5) T8 players for having the audacity of trying to find some T5 mobs to farm in your T4 gear .. whats the point for someone who anticipates soloing a fair amount?
    You might like the new crime and reputation system. It is designed to discourage situations like to describe.
  • cultura82cultura82 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    If I buy a founder pack, will I need to buy the full game once released?

Whoever fears death, dies everyday. Who doesn't, dies only once.
    edited August 2016
    Any founders pack of course grants you full access to the game on release. 

Also, if you lose any founders items (to PvP for example) during beta, don't worry about it - you will get them once more on release. Same goes for all the other founders benefits. 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    123joz said:
    It's sort of like a train wreck. You cant believe its happening, then it happens and everyone just leaves.
    Is this since the newest updates?

I thought they came up with some good solutions that at least sounded like they may address the very obvious problems I saw in the original design. Did their most recent updates not improve the game?

I think you quoted a very old comment, and even back then, it was not true. We never had any population issues during any of the previous alpha or beta tests. The current final beta phase is packed with players, and the game is more active than ever despite the fact that there will be one more wipe at the end of beta. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    i was pretty excited for Albion , got my founders pack 18 months ago .. And coming from (18 years  in UO) i had high hopes , Maybe a bit unfair for AO to try and compete with UO and its unmatched World ( so many activites)..

But AO never has grabbed in these 18 months , have tried quite often , But the world is sterile , generic , void of fauna (compared to UO ) and color ( the palaete is very bland ..)

Classes and skills are severly lacking ... again a very sterile feel .... real shame ...

ohh well back to UO
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    I have played and overall the game just works. In terms of a sandboxy MMO PvP Focused, this one works fine. Shame is being optimized for mobile so on PC it can go up to some extent.

Overall if you find an organized guild and a spot on gameplay you'd wish to take, then you find the gameplay objectives on the game as you progress. So without group-play the game is very lacking.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Its pretty basic and grindy, relies heavily on player crafted items.  Easy to get killed and "start over" with no items towards the start of your career in the game. Start over means have to get all new weapon and armor and everything you lose when you die.

You cannot solo in this game to enjoy it once you get to later on in the game, its all about Guilds vs. Guilds. Its pretty fun, plays on phone, tablet, laptop and PC well. 

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Korn42 said:
    azmundai said:
    You might like the new crime and reputation system. It is designed to discourage situations like to describe.
    That system seems like a joke.

"Will you become a model citizen, who would not dare to think of attacking a fellow adventurer? Or are you a criminal, killing others and happily stealing their gear? The choice is yours!".

They present it as a choice, Not "if your bad you get punished"

If it was a real rep system there would be "rewards" at polar ends.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    This game sounds even worse for pve, crafters non hardcore pvpers than Darkfall.  Tiny zones in which there is no place to hide or kill mobs.  Although Im not sure it would be possible hide with this iso view.  No variety of mobs.  I honestly can't think of a positive for this game.  Maybe mobile support is the big appeal?
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I had fun with it for a few hours but it becomes pretty apparent that it is not what its cracked up to be. Its just brainless clicking for mining crafting and fighting without much depth. It is fun but for a short while. The economy is just a progression quest. you cut trees to get better at cutting trees so you can use better axes. You can make 20 axes in 5 minutes but no one needs 20 axes and every 3rd person is probably making some axes because ya know, it takes 5 minutes. Your equipment wears down but can be fully repaired so you never actually buy another of something unless you lose it after dying and actually dying is hard.

Like WoW you craft to up your skill and not to make things to sell. you literally make a bunch of stuff and then dump it on the ground to level up and you can spend gold to make that all happen a lot faster. It's a very overdone pay to "win" mechanic. The player driven economy is nonsense as maybe 1% of top tier stuff is the only thing really being bought ad sold in the auction house everything else is just crafting junk you can almost make yourself

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Everything I am reading here says basically that it's a grind game with nothing different that hasn't been done a hundred times before.  Surely any new games needs to innovate for it to be a success.  I'm guessing this game won't last very long.
  • PabloFigassoPabloFigasso Member CommonPosts: 9
    Hm Im rly confused about this game  . I saw some gameplay from Albion and I just think Path Of Exile or Marvel Heroes are much better ( maybye Im wrong ) 
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    @PabloFigasso I have played both Path of Exile as well as Marvel Heroes and I will tell you that Albion Online is a completely different game that either of those.  Albion Online is considered a Sandbox MMORPG which means that there is no questing involved in the game.  Everything in the game is created by the players.  The game has full loot pvp so that if you die, your items can be looted by the person or monster that killed you.  It is a hardcore game that has an indepth crafting and guild vs guild system.  If you liked the game Ultima Online, you will absolutely love the game Albion Online.  Although it is still in Beta, I highly recommend giving it a shot so you can see for yourself and learn as much as you can about the game before launch so that you are better prepared to hit the ground running upon release.  

I just started streaming the game as well so if you wanted to stop in to my steam at http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming I would love to answer any of your questions you might have.

Kind Regards,

Blackboa
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    edited December 2016
    Yes I have. It feels like a game made in the 90's. It is not at all like the original single player games. I don't know how it can even have the same name when it's so different. I regret having spent any money on it. 
    @Moirae it does have a classic feel to it but the graphics are certainly more up to date than a game made in the 90's.  
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    If you are a SOLO player, Albion is not for you. You need friends/guild later on in the games life if you want to succeed.
    Solo Players beware.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Blackboa said:
    @PabloFigasso I have played both Path of Exile as well as Marvel Heroes and I will tell you that Albion Online is a completely different game that either of those.  Albion Online is considered a Sandbox MMORPG which means that there is no questing involved in the game.  Everything in the game is created by the players.  The game has full loot pvp so that if you die, your items can be looted by the person or monster that killed you.  It is a hardcore game that has an indepth crafting and guild vs guild system.  If you liked the game Ultima Online, you will absolutely love the game Albion Online.  Although it is still in Beta, I highly recommend giving it a shot so you can see for yourself and learn as much as you can about the game before launch so that you are better prepared to hit the ground running upon release.  

I just started streaming the game as well so if you wanted to stop in to my steam at http://twitch.tv/blackboagaming I would love to answer any of your questions you might have.

Kind Regards,

Blackboa
    Ive been playing UO for 19 years , Albion is no UO , its not even in the same realm , I got a Legendary pack well over a year ago and Albion imo , is rubbish as of the 1 month ago last time i played .. It barely scratches the surface of UO ,

its isometric , ok

it has pvp with full loot ok ...

/end

edited December 2016
    @Scorchien you are right it is not UO.  Its a whole different game naturally and no game will likely completely capture all of the elements of the glory days of UO.  But to say the game is rubbish in my opinion denotes a bit of troll in you that I can't take seriously.  You can have your own opinions but don't ruin the experience for the rest of the potential players who want to give the game a shot and suddenly read your comment of extreme negativity.  Grow up bro.  If it is not your cup of tea, so be it.  
    Blackboa said:
    @Scorchien you are right it is not UO.  Its a whole different game naturally and no game will likely completely capture all of the elements of the glory days of UO.  But to say the game is rubbish in my opinion denotes a bit of troll in you that I can't take seriously.  You can have your own opinions but don't ruin the experience for the rest of the potential players who want to give the game a shot and suddenly read your comment of extreme negativity.  Grow up bro.  If it is not your cup of tea, so be it.  
    Ohh my God ! he said Rubbish , Thats my fuggin opinion im sorry it hurts your feelings, Lmfao Extreme negativity , Thats all it took , the word "Rubbish" lol man up .....

Somebody certainly needs to grow up no doubt , this isnt Caiou , its RL and people will have opinions .. Like Rubbish , it shouldnt bother you that much , well a normal  grown up person it wouldnt ....

see how that works ...

Now Albion is completly lacking in spirit and soul the entire game is void of any character , Generic and contrived .. From classes to gear , Skills , world and Lore .. This is my opinion and imo thats rubbish ..

Have a nice day............think ill have that cup of tea now :)
    @Scorchien it took you a while to come up with that attempt of a witty response.  Good for you :).

Just pointing out that words matter is all.  I think playing the game for a month doesn't really give you the full experience of the game, but if that is all it took for you to form an opinion, who am I to judge.

Enjoy your tea.  Have a nice day as well.
    Blackboa said:
    @Scorchien it took you a while to come up with that attempt of a witty response.  Good for you :).

Just pointing out that words matter is all.  I think playing the game for a month doesn't really give you the full experience of the game, but if that is all it took for you to form an opinion, who am I to judge.

Enjoy your tea.  Have a nice day as well.
    And you fail at reading comprehesnsion ... please stop wtf my witty response and you dont even know wtf you are responding to ...  did you read the part where i say ... " I got a Legendary pack over  a year ago .. "

The last time i played was bout a month ago and nothing has changed in to the issues i addressed , i played Albion alot over the past 18 months ...

My witty response , aint that fuggin rich , this dude doesnt even read ..

So what words would you like . only words you like us  to use , the op wanted opinions from foks who played it ,

See .......... heres the dam title ...

Discussion / People who have played, how is it?

it doesnt say...." People who have played and want to cover it in Rainbows and Unicorns "..

The Op asked for Opinions i gave mine , you dont like it , to bad , get over it , eberyone isnt going to like everything you do , hell people call my Van rubbish , but i dont care its my van i like it ..

Now go drive your Van , wether someone else thinks its rubbish or not ..

This discussion has been closed.