Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying this one last time before I give up completely on the genre.

2»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Your main problem seems to be expecting a very specific experience. Even in the most niche of MMOs that's a stretch of an expectation to have. I'd look at the survival genre for what you're after, it's a more stripped down experience that would cater to your desires. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    When I gave up on MMOs because I couldn't find anything that caught my attention like things used to, I started playing MOBAs like Smite, and now, League of Legends. 
    Same.  SMITE is a really good transition game imo from MMORPG to MOBAs.

I've come to accept that I'm just not going to have an MMORPG be my "main game", but I think there's still quite a few MMORPGs that are decent to play casually.

My current gaming strat is: Overwatch mainly, then an MMORPG for some casual PVE.  Just downloaded TERA again, which I haven't played in ages, and it's held up surprisingly well.  Definitely enjoying it when I'm not playing Overwatch.

I think if MMORPG fans just adjust their playstyle, and play MMOs casually for the PVE, things will be OK until a really good MMO comes out sometime in the future.

Plus, by playing casually, you avoid the most frustrating things about current-gen MMOs, such as p2w (who cares if someone p2w's if you get owned by everybody anyway?) or the recent insane rng-enchanting systems from Korea (you'll never have a chance to blow a week's worth of grinding on a weapon upgrade that fails because you won't even be attempting it to begin with).
  • NoxeronNoxeron Member UncommonPosts: 64
    raystantz said:
    - Final Fantasy XIV (As a FFXI vet, I was hoping this would be FFXI-2 but it's not even close. It's story driven, and I like that.. but there's no real form of PVP, and I still have plenty of offline Final Fantasy games that are probably better than this to play and don't cost money per month to play.)
    What is your definition of "real form of PVP"? They have had the pvp arena fights for awhile, the larger battlefield pvp stuff is more resent and the 1 on 1 duel place is rather new... Plenty in my eyes?
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Noxeron said:
    raystantz said:
    - Final Fantasy XIV (As a FFXI vet, I was hoping this would be FFXI-2 but it's not even close. It's story driven, and I like that.. but there's no real form of PVP, and I still have plenty of offline Final Fantasy games that are probably better than this to play and don't cost money per month to play.)
    What is your definition of "real form of PVP"? They have had the pvp arena fights for awhile, the larger battlefield pvp stuff is more resent and the 1 on 1 duel place is rather new... Plenty in my eyes?

I like World PVP.. the biggest issue isn't that because FFXI had pretty bad PVP too, the bigger issue is that it's just a WoW clone in that it can be played nearly almost Solo.. and I hate that. I can just play a single player RPG if I'm going to do everything alone.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    ...based on your symptoms I would say you are suffering from Dysburnoutsia.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.