Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fang & Feather Update Launches - TERA - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFang & Feather Update Launches - TERA - MMORPG.com

TERA News - TERA has been updated today with the Fang & Feather patch that brings big changes to the Archer class with new mechanics, new skills and different ways to play. In addition, Harrowhold, the 30-player raid dungeon, has opened for players of level 65 and is what developers are calling the "most difficult dungeon to date".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Gonna test out the Archer soon!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    This game has always intrigued me. I like it when I play it and I love the combat but I always end up playing something else a month later. I dont know what it is.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Talonsin said:
    This game has always intrigued me. I like it when I play it and I love the combat but I always end up playing something else a month later. I dont know what it is.
    Agreed.  I've tried to get into Tera several times, heck I first tried it way back during its CB.  The combat is supreme, and the character models are awesome, but...I just can't find any soul to the game.  And that God-awful RNG "enchanting" system just rubs me raw.  Honestly, I think that's the main thing that kept me from ever getting really serious about the game (even though I do have one level 65 toon lol):  the idea that I can farm my eyes out for enchanting materials, only to fail at upgrading over and over, essentially turning my time spent into a gigantic waste.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    The combat is both what drew me in and drove me away.  It's not true action combat at all, and the content is incredibly easy/boring/repeating.  You basically spam AoE's until you get to the boss and then take out a HP sponge with mechanics so simple you'd have to be an idiot to die to them.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    For me, they need to address their end game structure. Sure, almost every game name is a gear tredmill but Tera has you grinding gear then enchanting it only to use said gear to get more gear and do the enchanting all over again until you have the highest gear you can. Not really for me at the end. The combat was fun and so was the pvp though.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited December 2016

Gonna test out the Archer soon!

Same, looking forward to the changes & long overdue, was such a chore to level solo. I liked everything else about the class, cool! Hopefully the Lancer & Warrior will get some love next.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I think Warrior did already?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    The sorc revamp was really nice, archer revamp so far feels good - not much changed but definitely placed them to #1 if played right.
  • nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

The combat is both what drew me in and drove me away.  It's not true action combat at all, and the content is incredibly easy/boring/repeating.  You basically spam AoE's until you get to the boss and then take out a HP sponge with mechanics so simple you'd have to be an idiot to die to them.

Eh try SSHM or the other HM (hard mode) dungeons, it's fast pace and you'll easily die if you don't learn the mechanics
  • nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

I think Warrior did already?

Next revamp in NA, it's out in KR now
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Heretique said:

The sorc revamp was really nice, archer revamp so far feels good - not much changed but definitely placed them to #1 if played right.

Hmm there was a sorc revamp? Might have to dust off my sorc to check it out. Haven't played TERA in ages.
    Aori said:
    I like Tera, I enjoy leveling in Tera.. then I hit max level and twiddle my thumbs. I've hit max level twice and just end up quitting soon after.
    That's backwards from most people, I think.  Most people despise the leveling because it's pretty generic, but the endgame dungeons and pvp is some of the best of any MMO out there.

"For me, they need to address their end game structure. Sure, almost every game name is a gear tredmill but Tera has you grinding gear then enchanting it only to use said gear to get more gear and do the enchanting all over again until you have the highest gear you can. Not really for me at the end. The combat was fun and so was the pvp though."

Isn't that true for every MMO?  But at least with TERA the dungeons are actually challenging at the top end, with engaging combat.

Gorwe said:

I like TERA, its combat and overall feel, but it's...soulless(idk...female focus and boobs etc...it's too juvenile for me) and the leveling process is quite unnecessary. If it had some 20-40 levels, it'd have been perfect. This way, it feels like more of the same, really.

Again, though, with the leveling thing, isn't that true for all MMOs? I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying it's kind of par for the course.

Game is certainly juvenile, I won't argue with that, but that has a charm of its own, at least to me. Soulless? Nah, just really weird.

But yeah you can't really like the game if you are like fundamentally opposed to the existance of Elins. That has always been a stumbling block preventing big success for TERA (although it also has secured it's niche with some people).

Anyway, had some fun with TERA last night- haven't tried it in a LONG time and it the updated sorc feels really nice.