Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Impressions - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Impressions - MMORPG.com

You know things are going well when you have to force yourself to put the game down to make a deadline. Back when I wrote my impressions of Knights of the Fallen Empire, I commented that the expansion “starts off with a bang and just doesn't let go.” and the same is true for Knights of the Eternal Throne.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited November 2016
    having fun with my main sith jugg! she takes no prisoners..even breathing in the wrong direction near her means certain death. Koth.. Im coming for whats mine... Edit: Bioware is in high form with the story so far..just sucks that none of this is truly "Multiplayer" .. how awesome it would have been to do the story with a friend or two and have our own personal saga based on each other's actions..*dreams*
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Just watched Dulfy's play all 9 chapters so far. The Good: A lot of people I wanted to see die, did die over the chapters. The Bad: Most everything else from the story.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I'll probably get started on it while BDO is down all day for the server merge.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Cant wait to dig into this =-)
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    From the makers of Mass Effect... lol
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • furmiousfurmious Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Started new 65 today. Story is cool. Also played my Assassin main 65 with storyline. Tougher that way.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    edited December 2016
    I agree about emotional aspect of this expansion. Playing my LS Marauder right now, making Theron very happy with my moral choices LOL, but after reading this I dread to play my DS Sorcerer LOL. Definitely you can feel the touch of Drew Karpyshyn in storytelling. It's great. I actually can't wait to replay it on all my toon, though you can replay it as many time as you want with new system.
    In all, great expansion... I wish it was much longer :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I played through the new chapters last night, all in one binge play through. The story was excellent.
  • ZendaiZendai Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Finished my 2 day run of going to bed at 3:30 in the morning. The ending was nothing less than epic, and all those that had paths of redemption open did, and those that had their come-uppins got 'em ('specially Valkorion/Tenebrae). A+++ story telling Bioware. Also, all of those that had issue with ease of play, I dare you to try and complete this on your first try in Veteran Mode.

I will say that I felt there was a bit of buggyness that bothered me a bit throughout the expansion, and I sort of disliked doing the walker missions more than once to be honest. I just much prefer annihilating everything with my force and weapon prowess rather than a proto-AT-ST. Additionally, I think the bugs sort of added to the difficulty of the Veteran mode, like in Chapter 2 during the beast fight, I did that over and over, but there seemed to be no real way to win on my Juggernaut. When you played it out in story mode, it didn't seem to have the same amount of adds flying from nowhere, and the main beast actually took damage, while you didn't need to burn every defensive GCD in the first 30 seconds of the fight, just to take too much damage after (even with a healing companion).

The redesign on Ravage is EPIC, Juggernauts can actually do damage with this ability now, instead of adds running away, or you having it cancelled mid channel. Some sweet redesigns on ability animations was a real nice quality of life addition.

Only problem is I am a casual now, so I am unsure if I can really progress endgame like I used to.
    Also, where the hell does the story go after this? Because it was just waaaay too epic an ending.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I just started Chapter 7 and am having a blast. The story is solid and the choices I've made actually do have meaningful outcomes. A lot of QoL upgrades as well. So far so good. Great work Bioware!
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    This kind of development effort is just not worth it. These episodes I mean you get literally few minutes out of each one and majority of that is watching the narrative and very very little actual gameplay.

Maybe just maybe if chapters rolled out each week it could make it worth while (for those kind of players that like to do nothing but enjoy the movies).

Anyway I subbed for a month to go through both KoTFE and KoTET and so far going through chapters 1-16 in KoTFE was (to me) boring as hell (with exception of chapter 16).

So far I guess the sub will get me it's worth from these 2 "expansions".
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    For the very first time I was not there at start. All this cinematic gameplays are fun, but I can see them only as candy on cake, where cake is missing. I'm afraid there will be no expansions at least 1/10th worth ORIGINAL release. At that time and even with Makeb, SWTOR took throne in my eyes from Wow or at least shared it .... not any more, Wow is king again and Swtor .. meh, I could return some day. Make no mistake, I enjoyed previous expansion ... for 2nd or maybe even 3rd time. Beyond was just repeating the same with different all. Previously I had all combinations of classes and sides maxed out before next expansion.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Gorwe said:
    I keep getting computer freezes(black screen) upon exitting a game. Such a good programming lol!
    Funny, I have never had any of these issues with SWTOR.  It's most likely on your end.  But I'm sure you won't agree.  Since you seem to think your experience speaks for everyone.
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    I keep getting computer freezes(black screen) upon exitting a game. Such a good programming lol!
    Funny, I have never had any of these issues with SWTOR.  It's most likely on your end.  But I'm sure you won't agree.  Since you seem to think your experience speaks for everyone.
    The data from the forums speaks for itself. There have been repeated issues with this computer freeze I've been having. And I haven't updated a thing since SWTOR updated itself to 5.0. So, the most logical conclussion is...SWTOR is having issues, not me. Of course, it's not some super spread issue, but it's one of the most jarring if you experience(or see it elsewhere). It just stinks of POOR Quality Control.
    Coming from a guy still spewing 5 year old crying topics on every other swtor thread I highly doubt you are experiencing any issue and just read something on the swtor forum and regurgitating it here. 
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

The data from the forums speaks for itself. There have been repeated issues with this computer freeze I've been having. And I haven't updated a thing since SWTOR updated itself to 5.0. So, the most logical conclussion is...SWTOR is having issues, not me. Of course, it's not some super spread issue, but it's one of the most jarring if you experience(or see it elsewhere). It just stinks of POOR Quality Control.

Coming from a guy still spewing 5 year old crying topics on every other swtor thread I highly doubt you are experiencing any issue and just read something on the swtor forum and regurgitating it here. 

Trust me, I want to finish what I've got and move on. I don't want to see it burn and wither, why would I? There are goals and once those are finished, I couldn't care less. It can die for all I care. Or it can succeed and become #1 game, I don't really care at that point.

Hence, I just want to solve my own problems and share my opinions and thoughts. But I fully understand that some see various intentions even when it's a harmless discussion(and NOTHING is above criticism-criticism makes things better imo, provided it's based on something and not plain insulting / crying about nothing guised as a "criticism"). edit: Besides, you should trust forums a bit more. Not too much, but there ARE real concerns you know.
    I dont know anyone who has the issues you apparently are having...have you tried running (windowed)full screen?  How you tried manually adjusting info in the client_settings folder?  Have you done anything on your end to try and fix the issue?  
  • Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Gorwe said:

Trust me, I want to finish what I've got and move on. I don't want to see it burn and wither, why would I? There are goals and once those are finished, I couldn't care less. It can die for all I care. Or it can succeed and become #1 game, I don't really care at that point.

Hence, I just want to solve my own problems and share my opinions and thoughts. But I fully understand that some see various intentions even when it's a harmless discussion(and NOTHING is above criticism-criticism makes things better imo, provided it's based on something and not plain insulting / crying about nothing guised as a "criticism").

edit: Besides, you should trust forums a bit more. Not too much, but there ARE real concerns you know.

I dont know anyone who has the issues you apparently are having...have you tried running (windowed)full screen?  How you tried manually adjusting info in the client_settings folder?  Have you done anything on your end to try and fix the issue?  

Other people are having this issue. Running full windowed mode. If I quit from the game it will freeze and I have to use task manager to kill the process. If you logout to character select and then quit the game it works normally (as of patch 5.0a).