Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I downloaded this to give it a try... apparently it's dead?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
I was about to login and choose my server when I was met with the server selection screen and no real way of knowing which one to pick. A few quick google searches suggest Harbinger as the best and most populated server... but it's also a PVE server.. and I usually roll on PVP servers because I like the occasional random world PVP.. but in checking out the other servers.. they literally all seem to be hanging on for dear life..

is this true? Should I already be uninstalling?

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    You should be leveling your character.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Got to pick a server first. You can read minds though so why don't you tell me which server I've already picked or whatever my subconscious is telling me to pick! 

Currently playing:

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited November 2016
    Play on Harbinger. There's no such thing as PvE/PvP servers now. You can play on a "PvP server" on any server. You just switch to the PvP instance of each area you're in.

You can switch to PvP at the bottom of your minimap. It will say "PvE" by default. Click it to switch to PvP.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    MikeB said:
    Play on Harbinger. There's no such thing as PvE/PvP servers now. You can play on a "PvP server" on any server. You just switch to the PvP instance of each area you're in.

You can switch to PvP at the bottom of your minimap. It will say "PvE" by default. Click it to switch to PvP.
    Thanks! I noticed on the server select screen there was no longer a distinction, is that how all of the servers are now?

Currently playing:

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited November 2016
    raystantz said:
    MikeB said:

Thanks! I noticed on the server select screen there was no longer a distinction, is that how all of the servers are now?
    Yep. All of them offer both options now.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/