Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Got a bite

[Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
edited November 2016 in Guild Wars 2
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Twitch : dren_utogi
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

It took a lot of will power to play through that human starting map, the blue is simply oversatrrated in my opinion, but once out of that zone, I got to see the game I was expecting.
    Dunno about blue but the human zones are somewhat boring it's true.
    When you hit level 30 use the Asura Gate in the east of Divinity's Reach to go to a human settlement in Ascalon built by a hero from GW1.

Humans and Charr trying to maintain a fragile peace in the area is a whole lot more interesting than fighting silly ponies over and over again.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Love the Sylvari starting area even though I don't love playing Sylvari. 

The human story line is generally considered the most boring one. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    yeah i enjoyed the human zone at first but later ugh is the worst by far, Sylvari starting zone is beatifull , it wins hand down , Asura one is tons of fun too

how u could die as necro? minion spam and staff + anything but dagger / horn helps a ton drain health swiftness...

thief is worse until u fully open all the traits in cant remember the line but the last trait one has a selfheal on crits or something like that
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    My favorite class is mesmer and least favorite might be thief, but, hey, there is something for everyone and we don't all have to have the same opinion. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    The dual pistol build is the easiest one and good for most basic PvE but I recommend that you train a bit with Dagger/dagger as well, that one is rather nasty and far outDPS the pistols. 

Of course going in close without dying takes a bit of practice but if you master both 2 pistols and 2 daggers you will be doing great.

Usually, I grind down the HP a bit with my twin revolvers, then I use a steal and when I am next to them I start out with a lotus petal and start slashing away. The shadow-jump is nice as well when you need to get to a mob or player you fight against fast. Once my initiative is down to zero I dodge out and switch back to pistols for a while.

There is 2 basic keys to playing thief: Movement (never stand still, time your dodges) and knowing when to switch between melee and ranged. And of course if anyone is fool enough to turn their back on you, stick your daggers in it. The pistols are best when you kite around mobs, when you solo bosses or when you are in a zerg (hard to even tag anything with daggers there).

And don't forget to slow the opponents speed with the pistol.

I love the thief, one of the best MMO classes I seen.

Later on is the Daredevil specc pretty good.

The theifs weakest point is that it have few interrupts and that if anything can pound you for a short while you will die. If you want some extra toughness at time a norn thief with the wolf elite skill allow you to Hulk smash and take some punishment at times while give you interrupts...

Always have the speed sigil equipped unless you have a full set of traveler runes in your armor.

The AoE stealth is also very useful, you can use it to get downed players up, open chects or get skillpoints with opponents around you or just to get a backstab and the vampiric heal for a few seconds.

I also always have a sigil to take away conditions, getting crippled or stunned in battle gets leathal otherwise.

Well, that is my basic advice at least, great class that takes a little training to master but well worth it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I find it crazy that you had so many issues with the necro but enjoyed the thief.  

In comparison, the necro.. especially for PvE is kind of a powerhouse, especially at max level.  Throw in minions, and you can usually take on large groups without breaking a sweat. 

Even at the low levels the early tier minions just take aggro off you.  Staff can give you extraordinary range and melee protection.   

I mean.. I haven't really played much since I dropped after HoT but, necros are very strong.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited November 2016
    I bought Guild Wars 2 at launch and leveled a Asura elementalist to 38 ,then the game died for me . The game performance at the time was epically bad for AMD cpus so I shelved it to only and try it for a few times here and there. Right now the performance is a lot better and I'm able to play on max settings with just a few minor tweaks. I still feel their is much improvement that can be made on areas to push optimization even further, like using dx11 and putting a lot of the load onto the gpu. I got 4 gigs of gpu memory that isn't even be utilized by gw2

With all of the new changes I came back over Thanksgiving and began to look for a new class to play and to start fresh. Tried the necromancer for a while but he kept dying before level 20. My thing is , no character is worth anything if he can't make it to 20 without dying. So I rolled 6 necros and they each ended with the word "crap". So I looked again and decided to roll a thief, a class I had no ambition to play.

The Thief began like the necro, with dual dagger /dead , sword dagger /dead  , pistol dagger /dead  then I went to pistol  pistol and a magical door open that allowed me to play ! Made it past level 20 without dying so far and made it into the second human region.

It took a lot of will power to play through that human starting map, the blue is simply over saturated in my opinion, but once out of that zone, I got to see the game I was expecting years ago. The dual pistols seem to fit how I want to play and I'm hoping to reach max level with the thief and then do some w-v-w.

If you see Prince Nightfall, that is me, give me a wave, or give me the finger... up to you :D

Interesting playstyle.  I usually start with alts for every class and the one I play best with I stick with till max then, go next in line.  

If it's a good game I'll max out all the classes I like and if it's a really good game I'll max out all of them.  I find this good with games that rotate nerfs with characters.  I can just put the heavily nerfed ones on the shelf until they get buffed again, or if a want a challenge that day I can play the harder alt.

Also once you make it to the main city you can port to any races starter area and level from there.  If you don't like the human starter area, port to another.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I mean.. I haven't really played much since I dropped after HoT but, necros are very strong.
    Necros can even tank now without getting any toughness or vit in their stats because minions absorb so much damage for the master.

I didn't comment on this part but I assume that the system sent him off with an axe as reward.
    It's an ok-ish weapon for a starter but it doesn't even remotely scratch a necro's potential.
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited November 2016
    what level do you get minions, I coouldn;t find them :angry:
    I think the first one you can get is Bone Minions and it costs 2 skill points to get them?  You can summon up to 2 of them, they do some decent damage if you explode them, but they're great to take aggro off you at early levels.  Don't forget to use death shroud if your health is low. 

On a side note... I think I wanna log in and play a bit.  See how Engineer has changed.. that was always my favorite.  

*edit* oh yeah I forgot you get the healing minion too.  Between the two different minions you should be good to go way past 20 without dying.  Unless.. you're really not careful.

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I play pistol/pistol daredevil and it's really fun.
    Not big on making videos anymore, but I'm sure they has to be some out there.
    edited December 2016
    Thief stalled out on me, was having a hard time playing it in the  next one and switched to my elementalist who is ripping it up. I will got back the thief in a bit , just need a break from him lol

I'm truly an elementalist when it comes to guild wars, played gw1 throough all xpacs as elementalist :)
    Elementalists are crazy powerful if you can master their rotations.  I used to main an ele, even in GW1,  but now, the Engineer took my heart...  it's funny because he's actually weak against ele's primarily, but strong against most others.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Not many builds can take on mobs 5 levels higher then yourself.  The good thing about GW2 is you can just goto another lowbie area and get exp untill your build starts working.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Yarr!!!
    Harbinger of Fools
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited December 2016
    The 64-bit client allowed the client to access to more than 4GB of RAM to prevent Out of Memory crashes. Nothing else.

More, GW2 will not use DirectX 11/12 in foreseeable future, cause the game won't gain much performance from API switch, more on this thing here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ajnso/bad_optimalization_in_gw2/csdnn3n/

TL;DR: GW2 bottleneck is from processing that happen in main thread. ANet has done (and still doing) some efforts to move many processes into other threads to optimize GW2 on multicore CPU.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Lmao
    Glad you are having fun.
    Personally I didn't like that event much when it was popular cause 150 people chasing after the anomaly would create some severe lagspikes for my limited connection.

Since you seem to like big scale events check out the World Boss Timer:
    http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/

You should be able to do some of the lower level bosses such as the Jungle Wurm, Fire Elemental and Shadow Behemoth.
    Click on the "Nearest Waypoint" link and paste it into your game to see where to find the bosses.
    Harbinger of Fools
    edited December 2016
    It's not a bad setup but consider slowly moving towards condition builds with scepter.

Anet is desperately trying to make power builds for Necros more appealing but the truth is..
    Scepter Necro has probably the highest condition damage in the game so it feels like a natural choice.
    Harbinger of Fools