Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This still P2W?

13»

Comments

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Torval said:
    raystantz said:
    Sovrath said:
    raystantz said:
    I bought this a while back.. and I'm kicking myself now for paying that much for it.. ugh.

I played it for a bit and then got bored, suffering from the same thing all of these games suffer from.. nobody to play with.

I felt like I was just playing a single player game. I ran into very few people. I was hoping I was getting into a really awesome Sandbox PVP game... 

I've also heard it's very P2W.. is this true?

I'm going back through old MMO's and seeing if I want to try any of them again.. 
    I've never thought it was pay to win but as Kano mentioned, one's mileage may vary.

Honestly, you need to join a guild.
    I just want to be able to play a couple of hours, a few days a week. Mostly casually, sometimes I might spend an entire day on a game but those are here and there and not a normal occurrence. My only concern was just literally being destroyed by everyone I come in contact with unless I spend absurd amounts of money/time into the game. You're saying that this is not the case in this game?
    Unless you play a MOBA or another team arena game like Overwatch I think you'll have a hard time being competitive in any pvp mmo just playing a few hours a week, p2w or not.
    I guess I should be more specific on that too. I really don't like the "esports" aspect that PVP has become. i'm talking about just running into random battles out in the world and being able to hold my own and not just get steam rolled. I don't even know if that sort of encounter even happens in BDO or any game for that matter. That's what I'm really looking for those surprise encounters.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    raystantz said:
    Torval said:
    raystantz said:
    Sovrath said:
    raystantz said:
    I bought this a while back.. and I'm kicking myself now for paying that much for it.. ugh.

I played it for a bit and then got bored, suffering from the same thing all of these games suffer from.. nobody to play with.

I felt like I was just playing a single player game. I ran into very few people. I was hoping I was getting into a really awesome Sandbox PVP game... 

I've also heard it's very P2W.. is this true?

I'm going back through old MMO's and seeing if I want to try any of them again.. 
    I've never thought it was pay to win but as Kano mentioned, one's mileage may vary.

Honestly, you need to join a guild.
    I just want to be able to play a couple of hours, a few days a week. Mostly casually, sometimes I might spend an entire day on a game but those are here and there and not a normal occurrence. My only concern was just literally being destroyed by everyone I come in contact with unless I spend absurd amounts of money/time into the game. You're saying that this is not the case in this game?
    Unless you play a MOBA or another team arena game like Overwatch I think you'll have a hard time being competitive in any pvp mmo just playing a few hours a week, p2w or not.
    I guess I should be more specific on that too. I really don't like the "esports" aspect that PVP has become. i'm talking about just running into random battles out in the world and being able to hold my own and not just get steam rolled. I don't even know if that sort of encounter even happens in BDO or any game for that matter. That's what I'm really looking for those surprise encounters.
    Planetside 2 might be okay then, in terms of PVP it has a lot, but its easy to get into and the playing field is fairly level, buying into it is optional, but you don't really suffer for not doing so, at least, not much. Outfits are there that you can join and they are helpful to new players, and if jumping out of an aircraft with a bunch of people to attack a base appeals to you, then, give it a go.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    The game is grindy but I think some people are overselling it.

You can buy 2nd tier (Liverto/Grunil) +19 equipment in 200-300 hours without spending cash. That's good enough gear to not be helpless. I put that much time into Archeage and only had Unique/Celestial Epherium to show for it while paying a sub and getting crapped on by people in Epic Delphinad who I could barely hurt and melted me like butter.

You can buy 2nd tier (Liverto/Grunil) +19 equipment in 200-300 hours without spending cash. That's good enough gear to not be helpless. I put that much time into Archeage and only had Unique/Celestial Epherium to show for it while paying a sub and getting crapped on by people in Epic Delphinad who I could barely hurt and melted me like butter.

But what about that weird ghost thing that follows you around the entire game?

Currently playing:

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    raystantz said:

The Black Spirit? It's basically a tutorial and guide that tells you where you should be at your level, and the tool you use to enchant/socket your equipment.
    raystantz said:

The Black Spirit? It's basically a tutorial and guide that tells you where you should be at your level, and the tool you use to enchant/socket your equipment.
    Yeah, how do I get rid of that guy? He's annoying.

Currently playing:

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    raystantz said:
    raystantz said:

Yeah, how do I get rid of that guy? He's annoying.
    yea right , always wantin to show yas his fuggin teeth .. gtfo already
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I would not call this game P2W but the cash shop IMO is heavy handed. Its one of the main reasons I have not bought the game. As a role player, the ability to control how my avatar looks means allot to me and I am not spending $30 US for a new look or being stuck with the same look for 50 levels. Also things like having to buy bag space and then buy weight capacity to be able to carry more lol. Funny GW2 makes a living off their cash shop but manages to stay on the right side of fair.