Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Coming of the Horde

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited November 2016
    What server is this?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Elysium is getting the old Nostalrius player database and putting up some new servers as well.

I've been playing vanilla WoW and it's been amazing. Blizzard is just retarded and won't provide the service to take my money.

I mean look at that screen shot, they had like 8,000 people or something on the stress test. It's awesome that this is a thing. 

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited November 2016
    Nilden said:
    Elysium is getting the old Nostalrius player database and putting up some new servers as well.

I've been playing vanilla WoW and it's been amazing. Blizzard is just retarded and won't provide the service to take my money.

I mean look at that screen shot, they had like 8,000 people or something on the stress test. It's awesome that this is a thing. 
     What? They're retarded for not wanting to revert the game back 12 years after making the progress they have? Dumbass. Get out of your beer goggled nostalgia state and try to live in the present, please.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

What? They're retarded for not wanting to revert the game back 12 years after making the progress they have? Dumbass. Get out of your beer goggled nostalgia state and try to live in the present, please.
    Progress? You mean destroying the entire game to try to appeal to those fickle gamers that want to experience every piece of content the game has to offers, but only wants to play 30 mins a week? Yeah I'd take Nilla over the garbage that Wow has become any day. The funny thing is Vanilla wow isn't even that hardcore, it is sad how far MMOs had to stray in order to appease people that really don't like MMOs.

For the record I'm not for dedicating my life to MMOs, so casual play is fine in my book. I think people that want Vanilla wow aren't seeking out those soul crushing grinds here, they just want server communities back a long with some resemblance of an MMO again. Retail the way it is designed barely resembles an MMO these days with its 4 button rotations and non existent community. 
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

Not everyone would call what WoW has become progress.  It doesn't even feel like the same game anymore.  How about let the people that want to play a game the way it was originally just enjoy that and stop trying to push off your own hate filled attitude.  And yes blizzard is beyond stupid for getting in their own way.  They don't have to offer anything other than a server with no patches beyond what was already done in the original.  I mean a server basically on maintenance mode but still collecting a monthly sub from the ones who want to play this.  Personally I don't want to play this anymore myself but I don't see any reason to not let the ones who do not enjoy it.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

Progress? You mean destroying the entire game to try to appeal to those fickle gamers that want to experience every piece of content the game has to offers, but only wants to play 30 mins a week? Yeah I'd take Nilla over the garbage that Wow has become any day. The funny thing is Vanilla wow isn't even that hardcore, it is sad how far MMOs had to stray in order to appease people that really don't like MMOs.

For the record I'm not for dedicating my life to MMOs, so casual play is fine in my book. I think people that want Vanilla wow aren't seeking out those soul crushing grinds here, they just want server communities back a long with some resemblance of an MMO again. Retail the way it is designed barely resembles an MMO these days with its 4 button rotations and non existent community. 
    Current rotations, specs, and abilities are light years better than the junk in vanilla. In Vanilla if you wanted to tank, you played a warrior. If you played a shaman, druid, or paladin, you healed in raids, that's it. Forget about tanking or dps'ing in any serious content as a hybrid. Remember the vanilla ret pally "rotation"? Cast seal, judge, auto attack, auto attack, auto attack, hope for Seal of Command proc, cast seal, fall asleep. Or fire mage rotation, scorch to 5 stacks,  fireblast, fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball. Yeah, real complex rotations.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Forgrimm said:
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

Current rotations, specs, and abilities are light years better than the junk in vanilla. In Vanilla if you wanted to tank, you played a warrior. If you played a shaman, druid, or paladin, you healed in raids, that's it. Forget about tanking or dps'ing in any serious content as a hybrid. Remember the vanilla ret pally "rotation"? Cast seal, judge, auto attack, auto attack, auto attack, hope for Seal of Command proc, cast seal, fall asleep. Or fire mage rotation, scorch to 5 stacks,  fireblast, fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball. Yeah, real complex rotations.
    The current expansion rotations are not much better. Keep drinking the kool-aid though. :) 
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Forgrimm said:
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

The current expansion rotations are not much better. Keep drinking the kool-aid though. :) 
    "Not much better" but you won't explain in it, so...

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited November 2016
    Vanilla WoW , though not perfect, was at least bearing some semblance to an RPG (you know, that game where you can develop a character in many different ways). Today's WoW is - from what I see, because I refuse to play it - almost completely lacking this sort of customization.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Be cool if there was a vanilla without the vanilla bugs such as eternal FP loops.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

edited November 2016
    MMORPG.com let me fucking quote without it being a hassle. This has bothered me for years that I can quote and can't put in a single backspace without it fucking up and not being able to input anything beyond the quote. I don't care about a response to this, just fucking fix it. Thanks. I'll get back to this later, but seriously, this is beyond annoying, and just fucking fix it.
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

All I will say is that there are several millions of people that disagree with you since they are still playing WoW and paying to play it instead of free loading on a emulator.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    These servers ask for donations means they are making money off WoW . 

edited November 2016
    Ghavrigg said:
    Nilden said:

All I will say is that there are several millions of people that disagree with you since they are still playing WoW and paying to play it instead of free loading on a emulator.
    Don't bother man, he's a lost cause. he'll never understand that his way of thinking does not equate a global agenda. He's in the minority and will try to get what he wants despite reality.

This is why I love Ion. He presents clear and concise ideas, and can actually rationalize them when it comes to your average consumer, and fucking understands that you just can't live in your fucking head forever.