Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to MMORPGs

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hi folks,

I havent played a mmorpg since wow cataclysm, after that I just peeked into some games but never managed to stay for long. Now I am back an really want to settle down and hope you can help me choose.

Things I want from my future game:

-somewhat decent graphics, I really like some eyecandy 
-fluid gameplay, TSW for example is a game I really want to like but the combat was too clunky for me
-good mix of pve and pvp, I dont need hardcore raids but I like dungeons and group pvp like arenas and battlegrounds
-a not too toxic community
-no p2w
-eu servers would ne nice since I am from germany 
-no sci-fi games, I just dont like the setting 

Games I tried and dont want to return:
-wow
-ff-arr 
-BaS
-Tera
-Neverwinter

Games I played and would give a second chance:
-Aion
-BDO
-GW2

Games I never played:
-TESO

Are there upcoming games I should look out for and that are not too far from release?

Feel free to ask my anything you need to know to help me, thanks alot for trying to help me :-)

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I think you should try ESO.  Fits almost all your critieria.  The combat is not stellar, in my opinion, but totally manageable. Tons of questing even in the base game without any expansions and groups run around all the time. Cyrodil is a big PvP zone.
  • StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Thanks for your suggestion, maybe I will try it out next week. Any other suggestions?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Too bad you don't want to give TSW a second chance, great game and community...
    Actually, in a sense the not too toxic community is maybe the strongest filter on your list :wink:

Don't see LotRO mentioned, it still has decent graphics, an awesome community and Eu servers (though physically in the US, so ping is over 100ms from here).
    Can't say anything about "combat fluidity" (I never really understood that concern, since I don't care about combat that much), but I think when Peon reviewed it in a video he said combat is ok but slow. Pvp has an own persistent zone, but I wouldn't say a "good mix" as you wrote, since it has mostly no influence on the PvE part (luckily).

Don't see AoC either :wink:  and if your main issue with TSW was the combat, you definitely should at least give a try to AoC (not to mention you already has the account, since you have TSW. All you need is just to download and play).
    Keep in mind I don't care combat, still, AoC is maybe the only game where I (somewhat) liked the combat, so it means a lot :wink:  the combo system is really  fun.
    The other points may be a problem however, no Eu server (it's like TSW, single-server tech just with two servers, but at least those are the former Eu servers), PvE and Pvp are on separate servers, on the PvE server has some pvp too, similar to modes you've mentioned. Community can be toxic, a divide especially on that very separation (trolls from the pvp server :lol:  just kidding). It's like the average mmo community, but coming from TSW the difference may seem huge.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    GW2, ESO, BDO, Acheage, Blade and Soul all fit most of those criteria. 

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I did. some research and I think there are three games I could/would try.

Aion - Kind of a nostalgic pick
    Archeage - just heared about the 3.0 relaunch
    BDO - liked the combat System, my PCs couldnt really handle it but i got a ne setup and would give it another try

what so you think about it?