Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Actually started play this again

ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
I thought I was done, but it looks like the devs stopped trying to make the game all things to all people (shooter, looter, mmorpg, etc.) and decided ok, it's really just a looter. The world tier system makes the open world viable, the damage-sponge has been toned down (its still there however), and the upcoming Survivor mode is what should have been in the game from the beginning. 

Psn Scottgun00 if anyone wants to loot n' scoot in a team. :)
«1

Comments

  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,959
    Once the price drops a little lower I'll probably pick it up.  It's $24.99 now on Steam.

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,068
    Just picked it up a week ago. 

    Good game. ;)
  • DishwasherSafeDishwasherSafe Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I was really tempted to grab it during the sales today but the UBI pricing is still too high for me. I wait a couple more months and grab it at the next discount and after more polish has hit live servers.

    [Citation Needed]
    "Play Style Matters" 
    - Warren Spector ( System Shock, Deus Ex ) 
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,907
    Was looking at the steam deal today but I have heard you cannot solo beyond a certain level and loot is really lousy if you solo. Plus I am not the best action player in fact the worst might be a better description so am hesitating. 
    image
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,076
    I got it for Xbox One for $9.99 from Amazon Weds

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    cheyane said:
    Was looking at the steam deal today but I have heard you cannot solo beyond a certain level and loot is really lousy if you solo. Plus I am not the best action player in fact the worst might be a better description so am hesitating. 
    It was rather solo-unfriendly at release, but the world tier system was introduced in part to make the game more solo-friendly. The main point is that the Dark Zone PVP is not necessary for top-tier loot. As far as action, the combat requires much less "twitch" than your typical shooter. It's more than the I-hit-you-hit combat of an mmorpg, but not much.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,528
    I've been meaning to come back and see how it is...  I just hope the end tier gear isn't so insane ..and the builds are a bit more balanced..



  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scottgun said:
    cheyane said:
    Was looking at the steam deal today but I have heard you cannot solo beyond a certain level and loot is really lousy if you solo. Plus I am not the best action player in fact the worst might be a better description so am hesitating. 
    It was rather solo-unfriendly at release, but the world tier system was introduced in part to make the game more solo-friendly. The main point is that the Dark Zone PVP is not necessary for top-tier loot. As far as action, the combat requires much less "twitch" than your typical shooter. It's more than the I-hit-you-hit combat of an mmorpg, but not much.
    Its a lot more solo friendly now, its a cover shooter, so its more about positioning than anything. But the Dark zone is where you need the multiplayer option. 
    The PC version is the best one imo, the PS4 one is somewhat clunky when it comes to the combat, but much smoother on PC, how much of this is due to the consoles being limited to 30 fps (and not always being able to maintain even that) compared to unrestricted framerates on the PC, is hard to say.
    With the game being a lot cheaper now than its ever been, particularly on Steam, now is likely the best time to pick it up if your of a mind to try it, but definitely on PC rather than Console. :o
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Phry said:

    The PC version is the best one imo, the PS4 one is somewhat clunky when it comes to the combat, but much smoother on PC, how much of this is due to the consoles being limited to 30 fps (and not always being able to maintain even that) compared to unrestricted framerates on the PC, is hard to say.
    With the game being a lot cheaper now than its ever been, particularly on Steam, now is likely the best time to pick it up if your of a mind to try it, but definitely on PC rather than Console. :o

    I enjoy it on PS4. The only thing I find clunky is the wheel for selecting grenades and energy bars and what not, but I manage. A programmable controller might help with that, but it just doesn't bother me enough.
  • Furh79Furh79 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Heck yeah 1.4 completely made this my go to loot shooter.  Playing survival with a group is awesome too.  We just finished getting two groups of three to queue for the same survival instance we met up and tore stuff apart.  6 hunters at the end way crazy fun. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 10,528
    yeah I would really like to try survival



  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    yeah I would really like to try survival

    Sadly, me and my peasant PS4 have to wait till December. No big deal since I'm grinding a new character, but I'm hyped for survival.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,447
    Really enjoying the game as well. Just been leveling up, and have solo'd all the content up to level 21 so far. Ran into some real challenges as well, which is awesome, and been able to make it through each time. Very fun.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,907
    edited November 2016
    Phry said:
    Scottgun said:
    cheyane said:
    Was looking at the steam deal today but I have heard you cannot solo beyond a certain level and loot is really lousy if you solo. Plus I am not the best action player in fact the worst might be a better description so am hesitating. 
    It was rather solo-unfriendly at release, but the world tier system was introduced in part to make the game more solo-friendly. The main point is that the Dark Zone PVP is not necessary for top-tier loot. As far as action, the combat requires much less "twitch" than your typical shooter. It's more than the I-hit-you-hit combat of an mmorpg, but not much.
    Its a lot more solo friendly now, its a cover shooter, so its more about positioning than anything. But the Dark zone is where you need the multiplayer option. 
    The PC version is the best one imo, the PS4 one is somewhat clunky when it comes to the combat, but much smoother on PC, how much of this is due to the consoles being limited to 30 fps (and not always being able to maintain even that) compared to unrestricted framerates on the PC, is hard to say.
    With the game being a lot cheaper now than its ever been, particularly on Steam, now is likely the best time to pick it up if your of a mind to try it, but definitely on PC rather than Console. :o
    Okay I have been going on and off this game but you have made me decide to get it thanks. As long as I do not have to go to the PvP zone to upgrade gear and it is not so actiony I will try it.

    Okay bought the base game and am downloading it now to my Steam
    Post edited by cheyane on
    image
  • ann4ann4 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited November 2016
    I don't know about you guys but I've been having so many connection problems recently when playing on PC :(

    - Anna
    Hiya!  Would you date a gamer girl? Look at the page I made. Hope you like!  <3 
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,447
    ann4 said:
    I don't know about you guys but I've been having so many connection problems recently when playing on PC :(
    Not had any connection issues at all. 
  • ann4ann4 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited November 2016
    mcrippins said:

    Not had any connection issues at all. 

    Hmm, weird. I keep getting kicked from the game every 20-30 minutes. I've checked Reddit and it seems there is a known issue with the 1.5 patch. 

    All I want to do is play survival :(

    - Anna
    Hiya!  Would you date a gamer girl? Look at the page I made. Hope you like!  <3 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,959
    There's always the X-mas and New Years day sales.  I did pick up Dragon Age Inquisition for $15.00 game of the year edition yesterday. :-)

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,907
    edited November 2016
    Sorry to semi hijack this thread but since we are on this topic do you think I can play Assassin's Creed Syndicate it is on discount too ? Really want to get it but have similar concerns. I played the very first game but some of the targets were so hard my son had to kill the targets for me and I never finished the last two targets.
    image
  • MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    just bought this for 10 bucks on amazon for ps4. Runs great on my ps4 pro and looks great on my 4k tv
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,508
    edited November 2016
    Played a bit of the Underground stuff last night. Not sure if the game has legs, but it's more fun than it used to be. Lots more loot.

    Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

  • Furh79Furh79 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    MikeB said:
    Played a bit of the Underground stuff last night. Not sure if the game has legs, but it's more fun than it used to be. Lots more loot.
    Try out survival...make sure you bring a group it's tons of fun. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,959
    cheyane said:
    Sorry to semi hijack this thread but since we are on this topic do you think I can play Assassin's Creed Syndicate it is on discount too ? Really want to get it but have similar concerns. I played the very first game but some of the targets were so hard my son had to kill the targets for me and I never finished the last two targets.
    Really liked the first one but couldn't get into the others.

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    edited November 2016
    MikeB said:
    Not sure if the game has legs,
    That's a fair concern. I think it will hang around for me because I think both my expectations and Ubi/Massive's are more modest. Before there was lots of rhetoric along the lines of "it's got it all! It's a shooter! It's an MMO! It's a DESTINY KILLER!" and just couldn't live up to that. Now that it is just a feature-heavy looter it has a better chance because I'll always have an itch for loot games.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scottgun said:
    MikeB said:
    Not sure if the game has legs,
    That's a fair concern. I think it will hang around for me because I think both my expectations and Ubi/Massive's are more modest. Before there was lots of rhetoric along the lines of "it's got it all! It's a shooter! It's an MMO! It's a DESTINY KILLER!" and just couldn't live up to that. Now that it is just a feature-heavy looter it has a better chance because I'll always have an itch for loot games.
    Well, i don't know about Destiny Killer, but, unlike Destiny at least it is also on PC, which btw is a travesty, because if there is one game genre that belongs on PC's it is the 'Shooter' type games, not saying they can't be on Console too, just, really crazy that they never released Destiny on PC is all, doesn't Bungie like money? pretty sure most gamers would have eventually added it to their library of games if they had been given the chance. :o
Sign In or Register to comment.