Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star CitizenSchedule, 2.6 release aimed at 8th Dec.

124»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited November 2016

1. Tech / Systems is not locked before testing. This would get you fired immediately. You don't test when your devs still screw around in the code.
    2. Content is not finished before testing.
    3. Front end still in development while testing.
    >[Citation Needed] Indeed!

Says who that the 2.6 build is not a build under active development but a build under testing?

And says who that QA does not test tech and content as it develops and not when it fininishes?
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    If that chart is something that eases the minds of concerned backers then they deserve to lose all the money they've spent on this shit show.

These are the same tools that go around proclaiming shite like "You just don't understand game development..."
    edited November 2016
    botrytis said:
    Unfortunately, the community really doesn't matter. We have seen this again and again in other games. CIG only has to respond to investors and I mean TRUE investors (like Venture or Angel), who have a contract, matter. 
    What? This is simply ridiculous!

It can't be more obvious that the relation between the company and the backers is one of their priorities for the very simple reason that is the continuous funding the game continues to get. It's Obviously on their best interest to keep that to respond and please their community, hence if there is someone who can put the pressure a publisher would put on the developers, that'd be the backers of this game. And we know this because they already admitted that the continued funding ensures the number of employees they have, otherwise... layoffs!

If that chart is something that eases the minds of concerned backers then they deserve to lose all the money they've spent on this shit show.
    Oh shit, I'm losing 45$! Whelp I'm going to need years of therapy to get past over this one!
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:

Oh shit, I'm losing 45$! Whelp I'm going to need years of therapy to get past over this one!

Yes because everything's about you isn't it Max
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    MaxBacon said:
    A development schedule that goes 3 weeks into the future and 2 months into the past is probably the most hilarious thing i have ever seen in my life. 
    lol, I didn't even read the rest of the post after this line. Such hate... Much :awesome:! 
    A plan by definition is about the future not the past so i fail to see why this one sentence has made you stop reading. But i digress.
    <snip>
    Pretty sure that when it was put together it was 100% in the future. And I assume it was released before it was posted on mmorpg.com.
    edited November 2016
    Yes because everything's about you isn't it Max
    Well I can only speak for myself on that one.

On that topic we can contact the professional psychologists around this forum to enlighten us on how many people are jumping off bridges and commit suicide and stuff like that. That's how far discussions go around here!
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    edited November 2016
    Please guys, leave the backers alone they got their smoke and mirrors of the day and want to believe on them.
    Don't try to discuss, it's like telling to a wall.
    2.6 will be out when the (almost live updated) Dev schedule says so (that surely will be updated every week, or every other .. at least once a year) ...
    Shut up and just enjoy the latest ship sale.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• DishwasherSafeDishwasherSafe Member UncommonPosts: 39
    MaxBacon said:

1. Tech / Systems is not locked before testing. This would get you fired immediately. You don't test when your devs still screw around in the code.
    2. Content is not finished before testing.
    3. Front end still in development while testing.
    >[Citation Needed] Indeed!

1.Says who that the 2.6 build is not a build under active development but a build under testing?

2. And says who that QA does not test tech and content as it develops and not when it fininishes?
    1. The chart
    2. The chart (although that sentence did not make sense)

Do you know how to read that chart. Judging by your questions you don't.

[Citation Needed]
    "Play Style Matters" 
    - Warren Spector ( System Shock, Deus Ex ) 
  • DishwasherSafeDishwasherSafe Member UncommonPosts: 39
    gervaise1 said:
    MaxBacon said:
    A development schedule that goes 3 weeks into the future and 2 months into the past is probably the most hilarious thing i have ever seen in my life. 
    lol, I didn't even read the rest of the post after this line. Such hate... Much :awesome:! 
    A plan by definition is about the future not the past so i fail to see why this one sentence has made you stop reading. But i digress.
    <snip>
    Pretty sure that when it was put together it was 100% in the future. And I assume it was released before it was posted on mmorpg.com.
    Look at the chart they released on 26-11-2016 (yesterday):

Pretty sure that 10-10-2016 to 13-12-2016 is not 100% in the future unless of cause:

[Citation Needed]
    "Play Style Matters" 
    - Warren Spector ( System Shock, Deus Ex ) 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited November 2016
    New update to the schedule released on Nov. 25th:

The old version from Nov. 18th for easier comparison:

It appears that their earlier estimate of being able to release 2.6.0 to Evocati PTU on Nov 18th was off by at least 10 days. Current estimate is Evocati release on Monday 28th at earliest. Also they did not finish Arena Commander Balance/Improvements this week like they planned earlier.

2.6.0 release estimate is still the same. It's less than 2 weeks from now, and they're planning to run both Evocati PTU and PTU in only 10 days total. I'm happy I'm not the person RSI expects to pull of 2 tests and related bug fixing in only 10 days.
    Post edited by Vrika on

edited November 2016
    1. The chart
    2. The chart (although that sentence did not make sense)

Do you know how to read that chart. Judging by your questions you don't.
    What a cheap argument really, 1st the update is clearly on development and has not been released even to the evocati first test phases. 2nd your claim implied that the QA of a game does NOT test builds as tech and content as they are being developed and only does so once they are finished (this on the context on an alpha where this work is ongoing between several updates > refer to partial implementations of IS 2.0 on past alpha releases); as the argument you used to call them incompetent. This when even the ENGINE team has QA to work with the devs who push on tech and groundwork way before it is even ready to reach a release.

Surely or they need to be all fired because they don't know how to develop a video game; or maybe QA is doing testing QA does, that is not a release-wide yet specific tests as per developer needs (and hence it doesn't depend on all of it being finished to be able to do their job properly).
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited December 2016
    New updated schedule released Dec. 17th:

The old version from Nov. 18th for easier comparison:

They have now managed to finish Star Marine, Arena Commander Balance and Improvements, Tech and Systems, and Content for patch 2.6.0. All of those finished late from the estimates given on Nov. 18th, ranging from Tech and Systems that was finished only 6 days late to Arena Commander Balance and Improvements that took 28 days instead of their original estimation of 6 days. But they're finished now.

Stretch goal for releasing Mega Map in this patch has been abandoned and pushed to another patch. They plan to "aim for a patch in the new year"  with that.

That means they've only got Front End Refactoring, and required bug fixing, before they can release patch 2.6.0 to live. Current release estimate is Thursday 22nd, but it's only estimate and to me it looks like they're more likely to slip from their estimates than to keep them.

2.6.0 was released on PTU yesterday, so even if they might slip on their Thursday 22th release estimate, it's not likely to be many weeks now.