Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Screens Take Viewers on a Virtual Tour - Chronicles of Elyria - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Screens Take Viewers on a Virtual Tour - Chronicles of Elyria - MMORPG.com

Chronicles of Elyria News - The Chronicles of Elyria team took a series of screenshots during their play test this week. You can get a look at a forested biome, a mountainous region and the outskirts of a village. Check them out after the jump!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    This will be the MMORPG of all times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • RubrubgrrRubrubgrr Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Looks nice and always good to see a bit of progress, but functional mechanics speak volumes more than nice looking filtered scenes. (imho) A lot of games in Kick Starter development seem to do this now days, show off art assets before functional mechanics, and I imagine it is probably easier and faster to show the community this way as well. Not poo pooing the guys here or anything, just seems to be the kick starter show and tell dev trend I see. Well to be fair not just Kick Starter either, DnL I'm looking at you! Keep up the great work guys and look forward to seeing some functional mechanics down the track when you are ready to show them off.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    DMKano said:
    What's holding the game back for me are the combat animations - the characters slide and glide on surfaces making the combat look cheap. Also theres that "fighting air" and lack of impact feeling as well.

This would be VERY expensive to fix - (getting combat animations + movement to look natural and polished is a true mark of a AAA game IMO), so not having a huge team and a huge budget - this might we one of those things that we'll have to just accept.

Sort of a shame, as the world looks fantastic - just sucks that we're getting 3nd rate animations/combat.

I won't say this is a deal breaker for me, but it is really high up there.  It's one of the big reasons that I couldn't stick with GW2.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

DMKano said:

What's holding the game back for me are the combat animations - the characters slide and glide on surfaces making the combat look cheap. Also theres that "fighting air" and lack of impact feeling as well.

This would be VERY expensive to fix - (getting combat animations + movement to look natural and polished is a true mark of a AAA game IMO), so not having a huge team and a huge budget - this might we one of those things that we'll have to just accept.

Sort of a shame, as the world looks fantastic - just sucks that we're getting 3nd rate animations/combat.

Yeah this is a big deal for me too. Same reason made me quit TSW. AAA companies do serious motion capture with professional actors and a stunt crew. That won't ever happen for CoE.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47
    they have there own motion capture studio now tough
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Exciting. All hopes to SBS. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • davezordavezor Member UncommonPosts: 17
    A very ambitious, crowd-funded MMO made by an indie team. I'm sure this will work out.
    Don't be a dum dum.
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

DMKano said:

I don't think you can cast judgement yet, far too early. A functional beta is required to really get into the meat and bones of it.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

An ancient story once said a wise prophet came to the people and proclaimed; "Don't believe the hype". He then spun his necklace which resembled a clock and went back to his time.

Wise words, wise words.
  • machtgelustmachtgelust Member CommonPosts: 4
    that mountain in the background looks amazing. hopefully the actual game will live up to that sense of scale
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

Heretique said:

An ancient story once said a wise prophet came to the people and proclaimed; "Don't believe the hype". He then spun his necklace which resembled a clock and went back to his time.

Wise words, wise words.

That same prophet just before going back proclaimed also "Fight The Power, we got to fight the powers that be".
    Then the multibillion crapmakers came.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

Heretique said:

Wise words, wise words.

Are you implying that I'm the false prophet xD

I like their vision of the game and the scale ...... I hope they will succeed

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    One of the few MMOs still on my radar. Here's hoping!

Joined - July 2004

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Oh.. I sort of agree. We will certainly be discussing this one for years.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    emota said:

DMKano said:

I don't think you can cast judgement yet, far too early. A functional beta is required to really get into the meat and bones of it.
    That goes both ways right? As demonstrated literally hundreds of times in the past... screenshots and designer journals do not make a great game. I hope they can deliver, but it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that they will launch with anything close to what's promised, especially with all the recent hubabaloo over how much more money they need to get to a full game.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    The game looks rough, is this from 1999? Looks like it imo.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148

Betaguy said:

The game looks rough, is this from 1999? Looks like it imo.

No it's in very very early alpha so it's still has a long ways to go before Alpha and Beta testing start.