Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about the new archeage revelation founders pack?

Comments

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    They sell packs even when there's nothing going on, so what's the surprise?

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    They sell packs even when there's nothing going on, so what's the surprise?
    What are you trying to say?

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2016
    Heh, that's really devious.  Founders Packs tend to be one of the biggest revenue influxes for an MMO and now sneaky Trion's found a way to have a second round of them for the same game!

And I thought the new servers were supposed to be not-pay-2-win.
    Tiamat64 said:
    Heh, that's really devious.  Founders Packs tend to be one of the biggest revenue influxes for an MMO and now sneaky Trion's found a way to have a second round of them for the same game!

Tbh I dont understand this pack haha

"This pack is only available to players with characters on a Legacy Server. Items from this pack cannot be delivered to or claimed on Fresh Start Servers. "

So me as a new player, has no benefits from this pack right, when starting on the fresh/new revelation server? (Not that I would buy it, but just to be sure the new server will be kinda less p2w)

• nodzoidnodzoid Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Dragnelus said:
    Tiamat64 said:

Tbh I dont understand this pack haha

"This pack is only available to players with characters on a Legacy Server. Items from this pack cannot be delivered to or claimed on Fresh Start Servers. "

So me as a new player, has no benefits from this pack right, when starting on the fresh/new revelation server? (Not that I would buy it, but just to be sure the new server will be kinda less p2w)
    They are meant to be bring out new packs for people on the fresh start servers that will be more cosmetic rather than mounts/gliders.  Personally i never felt the packs where worth the money.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I think they make old server very p2w but you can get easy patron for free and new fresh start server no p2w but you can't farm more apex so you have to pay real money for patron on fresh start server.
  • DishwasherSafeDishwasherSafe Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I always find it very interesting that most of these packs, no matter which game you look at, consist of digital fluff with zero value yet they cost (in this case) a whopping $150.

The only thing in this pack that has any value are the 90 days patron status and even that is debatable since all patron status does is remove artificial restrictions that make the game not fun.

tl;dr: I think it's disgustingly overpriced garbage.

[Citation Needed]
    "Play Style Matters" 
    - Warren Spector ( System Shock, Deus Ex ) 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2016
    Dragnelus said:
    Trion Ruined and killed a perfectly good game IMO They can't be trusted on any MMO's in the future period I used to be a big AA player but I would recommend everyone stay away from Arche Age, I will provide the list behind me saying such on top of having Several Accounts myself at one point before handing everything away and leaving for better games or waiting for better ones.

. Peace Treaties are dumb, PVP on your own faction added griefing, someone now has to grind Guild Quests which btw I hate doing to keep up peace treaties and prevent instant Trade Pack griefing by your own faction. (Instead keeping PVP like it is but giving a 30 minute countdown before the PVP starts minimum) Unless the clan Leader/Officer agrees to start it right then.

. Leadership in some cases Clans who are able enough to hold leadership, are Dictators killing off smaller guilds in PVP Events and griefing their own faction (This killed off the server I played on.)

. This pack Specifically being limited to Legacy Servers is stupid.

. Releasing Limited time items with no way to obtain them, making people have to spend money on packs (Beyond the Cash shop.)

. Trion doesn't listen to customers, No Costume Storage even though I said 4+ months ago my inventory was full of this, (NO MATERIAL STORAGE) Come on Guild Wars 2 gets this right.

. The game isn't (Pay 2 Win) However you have to spend like a million years to get there without serious help to get top end game gear, and or to get Multiple Accounts to make (HARD CASH).

. The Labor System is DUMB, the amount of labor regen even as a patron just often isn't enough to maintain multiple farms, (No Tax Certificate Auto Pay option or auto create option when LP is full, etc.

. Game performance is awful (Partially due to heavily fragmented DATA File)  which is used by the game and no way to defrag the file its awful.

. RNG Costumes is insane Spent $200 once for a single costume never got it had to spend more money in APEX just to get it off market.

. Timed Events Which don't happen often enough for people to attend them all depending on their RL and RL work hours.

Over - All the only thing Trion, and AA is trying to do in general is milk as much money from consumers as they can before the game fully dies that is why they make Fresh Start servers to get people to come back, not to address the real problems on the other servers...

Yes I used to really enjoy playing AA and love the game, but after the things Trion did to the game giving them 4+ months to actually make changes then coming up on my renewal of (Several Accounts) with over 30 Properties, all my "Farm Houses" in game fully upgraded, 3 tree houses, Multiple Tidal Bungalos, 2 Mansions, and like a lot of 24x24 farms all cash shop + Fully tiered out Crafters houses all perfect setup I decided to quit the game and give it all to a guild I had met in the game... (Best Land in the game I say <3) to those who could stand the game

I did want to try it :anguished: 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Limited land, PvP against your own faction, RNG crafting and greedy cash shop practices make for a terrible combination in a video game.  Black Desert is a much better choice if your are interested.  Horse breeding, workers to mine for you and no PvP until level 50 are just some of the things that make it a much better game for those who are not into hard core PvP only games.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Talonsin said:
    Limited land, PvP against your own faction, RNG crafting and greedy cash shop practices make for a terrible combination in a video game.  Black Desert is a much better choice if your are interested.  Horse breeding, workers to mine for you and no PvP until level 50 are just some of the things that make it a much better game for those who are not into hard core PvP only games.
    I am not at all happy with the cash shop in BDO, but, overall i have to agree, BDO is a much better choice of game based on those things.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited November 2016
    Trion didn't ruin the game, the developer did by making the game exactly the same as it is in Asia, basically P2W. Trion had no say in it at all. They are a toothless, clawless lion.

BDO is not much batter, people AFKing constantly to craft, etc? What a waste.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited November 2016
    botrytis said:
    Trion didn't ruin the game, the developer did by making the game exactly the same as it is in Asia, basically P2W. Trion had no say in it at all. They are a toothless, clawless lion.

lol? Blame the developer all you want - Trion ruined Rift THEIR OWN GAME too...I loved Trion/Scott Hartsman back during vanilla Rift (yes vanilla, not this "chocolate" BS they tried to start) but they have only gone wayyyyyy downhill ever since - they will never see another penny from me, ever.
    azurrei said:
    botrytis said:

lol? Blame the developer all you want - Trion ruined Rift THEIR OWN GAME too...I loved Trion/Scott Hartsman back during vanilla Rift (yes vanilla, not this "chocolate" BS they tried to start) but they have only gone wayyyyyy downhill ever since - they will never see another penny from me, ever.

Not denying Trion ruined Rift - I was playing it when all the shit hit the fan in the game. BUT, ArcheAge was setup this way before Trion even got their grubby paws on it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    azurrei said:
    botrytis said:

lol? Blame the developer all you want - Trion ruined Rift THEIR OWN GAME too...I loved Trion/Scott Hartsman back during vanilla (yes vanilla, not this "chocolate" BS they tried to start) Rift but they have only gone wayyyyyy downhill ever since - they will never see another penny from me, ever.
    Trion are not the developers of this game and ragging on Trion over ArcheAge because Trion created Rift? yes that makes total sense.
    Complain to XL Games if you really feel that bad over it, the ones who actually have a say over what happens in ArcheAge because they created it, while your doing that you could also complain to XL Games about Rift too, because Rift is apparently really relevant to ArcheAge. :p
    Phry said:
    azurrei said:
    botrytis said:

lol? Blame the developer all you want - Trion ruined Rift THEIR OWN GAME too...I loved Trion/Scott Hartsman back during vanilla (yes vanilla, not this "chocolate" BS they tried to start) Rift but they have only gone wayyyyyy downhill ever since - they will never see another penny from me, ever.
    Trion are not the developers of this game and ragging on Trion over ArcheAge because Trion created Rift? yes that makes total sense.
    Complain to XL Games if you really feel that bad over it, the ones who actually have a say over what happens in ArcheAge because they created it, while your doing that you could also complain to XL Games about Rift too, because Rift is apparently really relevant to ArcheAge. :p

QFT!!!!

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    ArcheAge is p2w RNG with this idiot asian mythology of luck vs. bad luck, but Trion made it luck vs. money.
    Im out and ill never return ^^

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    It isn't a Founders Pack, not sure why you put that in the title. It's just a pack for people that don't plan on playing on the fresh start server. They do packs like these all the time.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2016
    What surprises me is that they didn't have a 149.99 option for their rift expansion. /slowsarcasticclap