Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My.com introduces a $50 mount for Black Friday.

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
https://ro.my.com/forum/thread/25541-black-friday-cyber-monday-sales/?pageNo=1

Idk who's going to waste a 50$ on this air balloon but it's a pretty ridiculous price for a flying mount.... this should be a cash shop item, not a means of gaining more money from people who have already invested in your game.... want to make more money for development, then try running a holiday sale on founders packs. 

If this is indicative of how the cash shop will be in terms of pricing, I don't think RO will make it long in the west.

Comments

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    It's a scam to try to sell more founder packs. If you have the 90$ founder pack then the mount is "only" 20$ which to me sounds like full retail price for a mount in a F2P MMO. I'm starting to get the feeling that is going to be yet another cash grab from a 3rd party publisher of an eastern game. I had been cautiously optimistic about this game, but after seeing that first beta, the hype train was pretty much derailed. I won't be buying a founder pack for this one. I'll still check it out at release, but I'm not putting any money into it until I see how this plays out. I'm really tired of doing charge backs because these shit publishers keep running these scams.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    when will peoples get it they will stop do it : most f2p goal in step :-1:

1- hype
    2- sell founder pack and say you will be not p2win
    3- open games with no cash shop and say you will be not p2win
    4- open a cash shop fairly fair ( or how they can get away with )
    5- gradualy increse the p2win item and features of the cash shop with the ratio of the peoples who still play
    6- go all out and go p2win, normal peoples leave and whine about it ( blablabla why why never again )
    7- whale or peoples who have investest to much alreadly play the games
    8- when not enough players close the games.

and they do it again, peoples cry again, and they do it again

when will peoples learn ??? that the big questions.

that only then the mmorpg cycles will change a bit, f2p are the cancer of mmorpg.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    i clicked the link and thought for a second wait isn't this that game that is still in beta testing lmao that shady marketing doe. 
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    when will peoples get it they will stop do it : most f2p goal in step :-1:

1- hype
    2- sell founder pack and say you will be not p2win
    3- open games with no cash shop and say you will be not p2win
    4- open a cash shop fairly fair ( or how they can get away with )
    5- gradualy increse the p2win item and features of the cash shop with the ratio of the peoples who still play
    6- go all out and go p2win, normal peoples leave and whine about it ( blablabla why why never again )
    7- whale or peoples who have investest to much alreadly play the games
    8- when not enough players close the games.

and they do it again, peoples cry again, and they do it again

when will peoples learn ??? that the big questions.

that only then the mmorpg cycles will change a bit, f2p are the cancer of mmorpg.

Well, up until phase 4.5 in your schedule you can actually enjoy the game, so I fail to see why not. 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I raise your $50 balloon with an air ship city home from shroud of the avatar for $700 and a star fleet from star citizen for $18750.

my.com should focus on adding quality items in their store before they fully translate their game.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    It will only end when people stop buying this stuff; but someones buying it, so until then.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Shaigh said:
    I raise your $50 balloon with an air ship city home from shroud of the avatar for $700 and a star fleet from star citizen for $18750.

my.com should focus on adding quality items in their store before they fully translate their game.
    No fair comparing an actual game to a marketting scheme!
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Oh man I am so glad I didn't get the founders pack like I was going to lol
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    I'd rather go on a real balloon ride.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2016
    So...if I give you money, then I get a discount on being able to give you more money....? People wont even be using that mount much any way....Off to a great start and the game isn't even live yet. My.com knows what they are doing..../sarcasmend
  • DishwasherSafeDishwasherSafe Member UncommonPosts: 39
    It looks a little janky in the video, but i kinda like it.

i are exschplorer

What i don't like is the price. $50 for an assortment of pixels is a little much.

[Citation Needed]
    "Play Style Matters" 
    - Warren Spector ( System Shock, Deus Ex )