Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New kinship, designed for new players, is recruiting on EVERNIGHT

er.dier.di Member UncommonPosts: 12
edited November 2016 in Lord of the Rings Online
Hail adventurers ! Our new kinship "VonHelsing Brigade" is recruiting new and active players to tackle the many challenges of Middle-earth. 

We know that being new in an (almost) 10 years old game can be overwhelming at times. 

Our goal is to build a community of like-minded players, who are fairly new to the game, but are not afraid to be part of a kinship, where the focus is primarily on helping each other in every situation.
Mmorpg's are always more fun with a close group of friends. That's why we encourage new players (and especially first timers) to join us and give this wonderful game a chance.

If you are experienced and would like to offer your infinite knowledge to our newbies, you are more than welcome of course.

What we expect from you:

* We love to group, so don't be a soloist 
* We want you to be an active part of a growing community
and experience our kinships development from scratch.
(our first kinship house, our first raids...)

What we offer:

* A wonderful community with people from all around the world
* A dramafree zone (just ignore worldchat)
* We are very talkative and helpful
* A discord server if you can't hold your excitement back and want
to tell us more about it
* Our moments of glory and fail will be livestreamed on [Twitch]().

So, if you are already jumping on your chair, [download](https://www.lotro.com/en/game/download)
 the game now, join Evernight and send a tell to Tanuil, Verdigris or Zayne. 

See you in game !

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited November 2016
    Only.play on the supported RP server Luarelin. 

• er.dier.di Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Hi, SavageHorizon !

We are on the Evernight Server. Although the Server is a labeled as "EU-Server " it's located in the US like all the other servers. So there are also lots of Americans playing on Evernight. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Good to see new guilds forming on Lotro. :proud:
  • er.dier.di Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited November 2016
    The game is totally underrated and it still has one of the best communities out there. Since the server merges the servers are more busy than ever before. You see people running around everywhere.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited November 2016

Hi er.di

I have a few questions. 

1)  14 days had gone by since your original post.  How's your guild doing, is all successful and populated still ?

2)  Is the server still populated ?

3)  I'm assuming you use voice chat.  If so what one ?......And do people use it ?

4) With all F2P games, Everyone tends to play only for free.  Does your guild have many serious long term players ? 

5)  At this point in time, is the game still crazy easy ?...... How easy ?  

I know I come across negatively on this site.  But last time I tried this game ( about two years ago ) it was so easy it was broken.  EVERY class, EVERY ability can one shot kill.  Studying and learning abilities were worthless. 

I'm extremely social, I always get along with the community in any mmo.  My gripe is only with developers and those that stick up for broken mmos. 

Post edited by delete5230 on
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    As it was discussed several times already (I think once even in your own thread :wink: ) the over-easy issue which happened after the trait tree introduction, was fixed a few months later, through a couple updates tweaking it to a more bearable level.

As for population, Evernight is one of the most crowded servers, since on the Eu side there's only 2 english servers remained, and Laurelin is for RP (with strict name changes and such, if inappropriate :wink: ). So all players from the closing servers, who prefers english but wanted a non-RP environment, ended up on Evernight. (I think for a time it was even closed from transfer, because it was full, with long login queues and lag)

(disc. I'm not a member of the guild, just remember your earlier over-easy concerns :wink: )
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Great to see new people coming in to LOTRO.  Just returned to game after an abscence and love the new areas, or at least new for me.  Getting the same feeling I did when I first started playing back in 2008. 

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited November 2016

OK Po-gg,

First let me say sorry for any past arguments. I really want to play this game. I guess I should drop my obsession of thinking the game is too easy.  But you have to admit, too easy breaks a game.

I'm downloading it right now and if I could find a good community, I would love it.

edit:

Can't download it..... My friend built my computer and decided to split my hard drive, leaving very little space on my C drive.  Turbine is MAKING me download to C drive.

Not enough space :(

Post edited by delete5230 on