Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your MMORPG?

DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
Hi

what MMORPG do you play atm and enjoy alot?

Im a wow player, and since WOTLK i always come to a point in wow where i get borred of wow and want to try out new mmorpg, but always find myself lost what to pick and play :/  So i was wondring  what mmo do you guys play and why ?

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I play Vendetta Online because it's a lot of fun, the devs are involved, players have a real impact, skill is important, chaotic undercurrents are present, and it runs in virtual reality.

As a scientist it's also fascinating to me as being more or less a 'closed system'.  There is one galaxy where all players interact; regardless of whether you are logging in from a phone, PC, or VR headset you will be in the same world as all other players.  Things that have occurred years ago are still rippling outward today, creating all sorts of unpredictable effects.

In a sharded, or instanced world, this effect is mitigated as my actions in one shard (or server) will usually not have much meaning for the other shards.  Vendetta Online is not like this; when you log in you are 'there'.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Currently playing Black Desert but it's not for everyone. Additionally it's very different from World of Warcraft which may or may not be a good thing (or bad thing).

Also some Aion and Tera.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    So i really like the World of bDO, but i REALLY dislike the way you level with grind :S  is there any other mmos with a world like BDO ?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    So i really like the World of bDO, but i REALLY dislike the way you level with grind :S  is there any other mmos with a world like BDO ?
    Not that I know of. Even Archeage is more of a grind game (with similarities to Black Desert though obviously not the same game).

Again, you could try Aion as it's more similar to World of Warcraft in that it's very quest based.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    In terms of level progression, ArcheAge actually has a very small grind. Questing mixed with crafting will get you to max level fairly quick. It's certainly a far smaller grind than I remember early WoW being. In terms of gear progression the grind is nearly infinite.

As to the actual question. I'm gearing up to hit ArcheAge hard when the new Fresh Start server comes on the 10th. I don't really have a single favorite MMO atm. I've been floating through old favorites like EVE and Wurm while I wait on anticipated games like Star Citizen and Crowfall. If I can keep up with the gear curve and hold together a fun/solid guild in AA on this new server though I'll probably be playing on it for quite awhile.
  • DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150

Firstly, let me say UO was the best. Then it was the original version of Star Wars Galaxy came next(master 6 skills, unknown to you, to be 'contacted' by the jedi to 'maybe' become a padawan, one Master on each side, if you died you were a ghost forever), and then WoW before any expansions.

However, the one game that is still online that I continuously play due to active and idle enjoyment, is Puzzle Pirates. Awesome, just, Awesome. ARRRRR!!!

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    I currently play real life . Only flaw of this game is permadeath system . Permadeath is suck .

My only wish is they can make something like virtual life MMO where i can eat all the delicious without feel full and sick .

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    I play a lot of MMO's... Too many really. But I've found myself on Darkfall (and it's sub-versions) the most over the last few years. Though I never got a chance at the original other than the last month, hardly enough to say I played it. 

Over all currently playing Darkfall: Rise of Agon, Trove, Wildstar, Mortal Online, DC Universe, and Everquest 2. Ordered from most frequent to less frequent. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    GW2, ESO, MH.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    currently cycling thru

UO ... for 19 years now ,..... just because ... UO :)

ESO..... really immersvie world for me , Just get lost exploring doing quests

Warhammer .. for the WAaaaaAAAgGAGGAAGAGHAHAHH:)

FF14....... another great game , really like the grouping in this ..
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Despite all the negative things I might say about MMOs, Final Fantasy 14 is a game that I continue to play on and off ever since the closed beta of 1.0. I love the story, I love the races and classes, and I love art, the whole game is just beautiful visually. It shares a lot of issues with other MMOs though, at least in my opinion, hence me only being able to play it on and off rather than for extended period of time (usually when new content is added). 
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    EvE...   Because no one wants to make an economy based game with feet.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Black Desert and Echo Of Soul   =)
  • kedarakedara Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited November 2016
    BDO STO GW2 TSW EVE MH2016 TESOTU PD2 WF
  • SaelemSaelem Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Wildstar - IMO a lot more enjoyable than people give it credit for.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    If you looking new MMO, new Archeage  coming December 10 complete fresh start server with new character creation and more. You can level up max for 1 month or 20 days only if you play smart.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    If you looking new MMO, new Archeage  coming December 10 complete fresh start server with new character creation and more. You can level up max for 1 month or 20 days only if you play smart.
    I intend to hit max a lot faster than that on this go around. The fact I'm in college full time and Christmas break starts the 9th helps a lot though.
    REALLY sorry for my really bad english :S

So i have played alot of mmos aswell.

What i want in a mmo:

Open world "NOT INSTANT"
    a world that takes you in and you feel like your there.
    Good PVE, bosses, casual pve , dungeons etc.
    Good crating.
    Good Lore
    Good gfx

First of all im a really big wow lore fan, But the game atm. is not good at all. If you want to enjoy the content you need to do mythic+, and you need to use the premade system for that, but the problem is, in the premade system people got TOOO high  exptesion of the gear lvl, so becomes really borring. Besides that, the story Quests and emursion in wow is kinda borring atm, you dont feel like your there and having fun.

Tried:

FFXIV:  

Good gameplay, good lore.  REALLY REALLY love the system where you can have all classes on 1 char, ALL mmo should do this!

BUT crappy gfx, Instant world :(!, a bit borring every story quest dosent have voice over but you have to read, really dislike to read. Combat is a Bit slow

ESO:
    Good gameplay, good lore, good GFX, Instances a great aswell

But i really dislike the never ending leveling :S and its kinda slow to level, dont know if its better now?

Dont know if housing is yet in ESO.?

Tera:

REally like the lore, the models.

HATE the way you get gear, its the worst of the worst!  The game is instance bases, so it feel like a stright line and borring.

Guildwars2

Dont know why i disslike this game,  for some reason it feels borring, can put my word on it :S

At the moment i play a bit WOw, only when raid times is up and when they unluck the story Quests.
    and startet playing BDO again just to explore the world

Been thinking of trying out ESO again, but dont know if its better now? Can anyone tell me if so , why?

• DishwasherSafeDishwasherSafe Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Warframe
    Final Fantasy XI
    Black Desert Online
    Divinity: Original Sin (CoOP)

and apparently Black death since i just bought it for $4.99 on GMG.

[Citation Needed]
    "Play Style Matters" 
    - Warren Spector ( System Shock, Deus Ex ) 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Enjoying real life decisions and helping drain a swamp.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Forgot to say, Wildstar got some sweet lore, sad the company is crap and the story is lacking we want more, but we get dailys :P