Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

old player coming back need advice

madleet3madleet3 Member UncommonPosts: 25
i was a 3rd dawn UO player before
but i guess my account is expired and gone
so i want to restart
i just need to get 8th age to start one?
btw i saw it does not c/w the mondran legacy
so tat is another expension i need to purchase?
and whch server is pack with players now
and still got place to place my house still?

Comments

• madleet3madleet3 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    lol why a sad face?

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Definately try it for free now to see if its anything that you want to spend your time playing.

Try to get your old account back with 14 days free here:

https://my.uo.com/amnesty/recap.html

Or start a new account for 14 days free here:

http://www.uo.com/demo.html

I cannot recommend UO to anyone.

• EisenhowerEisenhower Member Posts: 17
    Well if you go back to Ultima you will need to buy LOTS of UO gold from ebay.  Plan on buying at least 50 million gold to get your char up to par with players that have been playing for the past 5 years. You can also spend the next few years farming your brains out to get your char up to par. UO is so item/scroll/gear based, its retarted. You might as well just buy somones account from ebay, plan on spending $800 and up for a good account. UO is not what it was before AoS. All crafting skills are worthless from the game being so item based. PvP is just 10 guys in prime time on any server outside the moongate all wearing gear that make them gods. Stealing went out the door with AoS. The UO team bun poked the fun out of the game to make it as carebear as they could.
    wow spend $800 US bucks?

no way i gonna spend tatcash doh

bah need to have CCacrd number to use back my old account
    and te same as for the 15days trial too

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by Eisenhower
    Well if you go back to Ultima you will need to buy LOTS of UO gold from ebay.  Plan on buying at least 50 million gold to get your char up to par with players that have been playing for the past 5 years. You can also spend the next few years farming your brains out to get your char up to par. UO is so item/scroll/gear based, its retarted. You might as well just buy somones account from ebay, plan on spending $800 and up for a good account. UO is not what it was before AoS. All crafting skills are worthless from the game being so item based. PvP is just 10 guys in prime time on any server outside the moongate all wearing gear that make them gods. Stealing went out the door with AoS. The UO team bun poked the fun out of the game to make it as carebear as they could.

yea if you suck donkey you will probly have to Ebay gold .. but then again if you know how to play
    UO you dont need too... seriously getting gold in UO is not hard and will never be hard ..

Make mage or dexxer
    buy a few bags of sending
    Go to a decent spawn of your favorite mobs
    Kill loot , kill loot , kill loot for a few days
    and bam..now you have enough cash to buy your self some
    decent items and hit champs or what ever you see fit ..
    and make more gold..

hard stuff indeed (summons a few more EVs and goes back to looting) really hard..

But UO is not what it used to be thats true , its still better then anything else outthere at the moment
    and if your into roleplaying/crafting/zerging at yew gate its great fun :)

PS. Europa rules..

Originally posted by PsyX

yea if you suck donkey you will probly have to Ebay gold .. but then again if you know how to play
    UO you dont need too... seriously getting gold in UO is not hard and will never be hard ..

Make mage or dexxer
    and make more gold..

hard stuff indeed (summons a few more EVs and goes back to looting) really hard..

But UO is not what it used to be thats true , its still better then anything else outthere at the moment

PS. Europa rules..

I did not mean to come off as an ass. What I say is the truth. I quit the game after AoS, although I have played a few times when they had the free return offer. You will need to invest mad man hours to farm enough gold to by the best gear/scrolls/items to be on top. The game is now a sick item based pile of crap, and the most unbalanced game to date. There are free to play games with more to offer than what UO is. Hell if you want to grind play WoW, not UO since the population is on a slow but steady decline. Well if anyone wants to go ahead and play UO, remember what I said.

• PsyXPsyX Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by PsyX

Make mage or dexxer
    and make more gold..

PS. Europa rules..

I did not mean to come off as an ass. What I say is the truth. I quit the game after AoS, although I have played a few times when they had the free return offer. You will need to invest mad man hours to farm enough gold to by the best gear/scrolls/items to be on top. The game is now a sick item based pile of crap, and the most unbalanced game to date. There are free to play games with more to offer than what UO is. Hell if you want to grind play WoW, not UO since the population is on a slow but steady decline. Well if anyone wants to go ahead and play UO, remember what I said.

You quit after AoS , i didnt .. hmm i wonder who knows more about the current state of UO..
    someone who does not play..or someone who is actually playing as we speak.

I played (and still do) UO in all its forms from pre t2a (no expansions) up until ML
    i still play UO both on the official servers and on Pre UO:R , UO:R servers without tram
    (free shards). and i have to say that UO in its current state might not be the best version of UO
    but its still pretty damn good.

Community stills beats every game out there
    Roleplaying Still beats them all

PvP , you can NEVER top UO's pvp no matter how badly EA screws up
    UO still has the freedom just in other forms ,  guild warring (now with the new guild system they really
    own with win/lose conditions and all) , Gate ganking .. everyone loves the zerg
    Champ raiding , house figthing , huge ass rp wars

And saying that there are other games out that offer the same thing as UO is just stupid .
    anyone who has ever played UO should really know that but i guess not everyone
    is capable of understanding what uo is.

Anyone looking to play or return to UO, please listen to PsyX. Everything he said is true. Have fun :).