Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite Pre-WoW MMO?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    ApexTKM said:
    Eldurian said:
    I feel like there is a reason EVE is the only game on this list that still is going strong in 2016. I never got to play DOAC or Shadowbane and I wish it had, but I do really wonder why they got shut down so long ago if they were as good as people say. 

SWG I kind of get. It didn't die, it was murdered.
    Yea and that reason is EVE sticks to their formula and sticks to being themselves instead of trying to be another game. *looks at SWG*
    Yet DAoC is still around as well
    What do you mean, did DAOC try to be another game like SWG did.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    DAOC, and still playing.
  • GalacticBatGalacticBat Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Going with Earth n Beyond.

I played a lot of SWG and loved it, and played some EQ. EQ is where all my RL friends were, but I wanted something more si-fi-ish, so I spent most of my time in EnB. That game was just ahead of it's time. I don't think people really knew what to do with it. EA certainly didn't know what to do with it.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Soki123 said:
    DAOC, and still playing.
    Been thinkin of headin back for a bit myself....
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Asheron's Call easily
  • ArtwolfArtwolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    DAoC, my first mmo. I've tried going back various times over the last year or three and just can't get back into it. I'm too far removed now to enjoy it like I used to!  :3
  • AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Planetside.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Ultima Online because no matter what game you say is good you wouldnt have MMOs if it was not for UO.  
  • mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    edited November 2016
    I was hoping that Anarchy Online would get more votes. Really disappointed. It was a hard choice for me between Anarchy Online and SWG but i voted for AO because even though a troubled launch it was way ahead of its time.

edit: oh and i clearly messed up the vote by clicking on other. :(
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I was hoping that Anarchy Online would get more votes. Really disappointed. It was a hard choice for me between Anarchy Online and SWG but i voted for AO because even though a troubled launch it was way ahead of its time.
    LOve AO , but had to vote UO , AO is a brillinat game and like you said was/is ahead of its time , no game still touches the level of customization your class gets thru Skills/Gear/Implants/Perks .. just fucking amazing and its a shame the community never got a true sequel ,Beacsue i believe if done right would be a huge success
  • ScaldisectScaldisect Member UncommonPosts: 7
    sorry, i cant get into sci-fi and cartoonish/goofy games... i have almost a decade trying to find something as good and hard as lineage 2, and still looking for

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Albion forever!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    EQ and EQ2.  I still remember the magic of exploring the world, meeting new friends online and how hard some of the content was....corpse runs, named mobs, the whole promise of the genre and the sense of a new gaming horizon... Now it is all same ole, same ole....

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    EQ for PvE

DAoC for realm vs. realm PvP
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Yeh, for me it's a tie between SWG and Planetside.  SWG being the best complete, although buggy, package. But Planetside having the best massive PVP I have ever seen.  I still get a quivering lip and teary eye thinking about playing both games during their prime.   :(

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    edited November 2016
    Ultima Online.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2016
    I don't have any, but if i have to pick one i would say RAN online. Ironically, it is a point and click to move mmo and i don't play those(i did play RAN), but i love the idea behind that game and it is pre-WoW. Still today it's very popular in South East Asia. I don't think the NA version is very popular.

• mienja99mienja99 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Earth and Beyond by Westwood Studios
    &
    Lord of the Rings Online
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    Albion forever!
    What is this nonsense you speak of?!!  Midgard, yo! :pleased:
    Midgard? Never heard of them... Stungard you mean? :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited November 2016
    mienja99 said:
    Earth and Beyond by Westwood Studios
    &
    Lord of the Rings Online

Lotro was post WOW. 

Anyway mine was EQ. 

• MaguaMagua Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Ultima Online and it's not even close.

Great Lakes represent!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Runescape ( First MMO - Full loot PvP!! Yes!! )

Mu Online ( Second MMO - Well ...coz Diablo 2 style )

Lineage 2 ( Third MMO & Best One - Well .. Crafting , PvP , Sieges, Raid Bosses & the grind made it the best game for me! )

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file