Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harbingers of Freedom (NA Fresh Start)

EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
Faction: Nuia
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Purpose: It seems on every ArcheAge server there eventually comes a time when each faction is ruled by a single tyrant guild that has the power to do whatever they want to within their faction, and in turn the server is ruled by the strongest of these tyrant guilds. 

We may not know their names yet, but the Harbingers of Freedom are the sworn enemies of whomever the tyrant guild of this server comes to be. We also seek to rid our own faction of any powerful guilds that would abuse our own nation.

Our ultimate goal is to create an environment where newb guilds can enjoy their experience and no single guild or alliance has a strong upper hand in server politics leaving people with the freedom to support or oppose whomever they choose. We've chosen the Nuian faction both because we aren't furry loving weeaboos, and because the strong presence of furry loving weeaboos in this game tends to give Haranyan's the upper hand. 

Atmosphere: As you may have caught on if you've read this far, we're not very politically correct, and we're pretty PvP oriented. This guild will not be a good fit for you if you can't handle both of those things. However we aren't looking for people who like to run around killing other members of our faction for the fun of it, or who generally tend toward the role of a bully. We're looking for people who like a good fight, but also like to fight for a purpose. One thing you can always count on is that if you say start getting ganked while you're out doing something and let us know, everyone in the guild not busy with something is going to port in and beat the snot out of them.

We've decided that the main atmosphere we're looking to create is a balance between casual and hardcore. We're aiming for casual in the overall tone of players, winning fights is less important than having fun and getting butthurt and pointing fingers after a fight really kills the fun. However we still want to win as many fights as possible which is why we're going to help get people trained up and engage in a lot of events where we have to practice group coordination. If we say "Ship is leaving to go do _____ in 10 minutes" and you show up 20 minutes later, nobody will yell at you or get mad. The ship will just have left 10 minutes ago so that people don't have to spend their playtime waiting on stragglers. If we tell the people to hold back and you rush forward and get yourself killed, we won't yell at you or get mad. We just won't rush forward to save you because wiping the whole group isn't worth it to save one person. We're going to have single player calling the shots during battle and you'll need to listen to them and learn the tactics they are teaching you if you want to succeed. But if you screw up because you're new or the orders are unclear, you can just talk to us about it after the battle and we'll get things cleared up so that it hopeful can be avoided next time. You aren't in the army. This isn't bootcamp. You aren't getting paid. We aren't your boss. We're all here to have fun. Winning makes things more fun but so does being in a chill atmosphere.

How To Join: We are a newb friendly guild and we are not expecting to ever include any level or stat requirements, or activity requirements beyond being on enough people know who you are and don't think you've left. That being said there is actually a process to join meant to screen out players who won't fit into our atmosphere, or who will cause trouble.

1. Fill out our application here: http://harbingerhideout.enjin.com/recruitment
2. Conduct a voice interview with me. This will be done via our Discord: https://discord.gg/EU4c5VT
3. Join on a trial basis. After two weeks weeks you'll be eligible for full membership if we think you're a good fit.

Comments

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Cant believe i am the first to comment here..
    Your ideals very much allign with mine, i hope you posted this on Reddit and few other gaming anchors as well, to strenghten your ranks.
    I do not yet know, if i can dive into the game again fully, but if i decide, yours will be the guild i would like to be in.

Cheers.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    MMORPG.com Doesn't seem like a very hot environment for recruitment but this was a cut and paste from the actual ArcheAge forums where it has drawn some attention.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Eldurian said:
    MMORPG.com Doesn't seem like a very hot environment for recruitment but this was a cut and paste from the actual ArcheAge forums where it has drawn some attention.
    Unfortunatelly mmorpg's as whole arent on the upside, it is the age of the moba and fps for few years now.

Hopefully next few years bring back what is missing from the scene.

The website is still very much alive, its the genre thats in a pickle therefore pulling players onto other endeavors.

And as well many here dont bother commenting anymore as much as it was in the past.