Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are video games prove Matrix is real?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

When you play a game, you aren't actually playing a game. All it is, is codes and numbers. Even the graphics are codes and numbers. The art? Just codes and numbers. Does something look blue? Blue is a color code, which is a number. 

But, how do you know if other NPCs aren't thinking just like you? What makes you think they aren't just as real as you or I? Maybe they think their world is reality. In skyrim and many other games, you murder an NPC and for them, that is real murder. You took away a son, daughter, husband and wife. You think its just a game, but is it? For the NPCs, they are in fact likely to be as real as you.

They might not be as smart as you, but is this prove that matrix is actually real? We are advanced video game characters, but in the real world there are even smarter people controlling things? For further prove, Trump was elected. How could that not be possible except someone in the real world wanting to cause chaos and mess with us? In what possibility could Trump have won, without influence from the real world when all polls were for hillary? This is ultimate prove that we are in a matrix-like world

And maybe in the real world, they too are just video game characters. And beyond them is a godlike advanced civilization controlling things. And beyond that? Mind blown.

Remember, even in a game like WoW where the NPCs look retarded with what looks to be the worst AI ever made, they are just as real as you. Not as smart, but that doesn't make them not real. They still think and their reality is that azeroth is real. Like our reality that earth is real

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    I'd have to say no.

There are literally thousands upon thousands of computers games that are being played at random all over the world.

But there's only one Matrix? Or are there multiple Matrix that are also being played at random somewhere out in the ether.

Also are these Matrix being played within a greater Matrix which there are many multiples.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    See the movie "the 13th floor". It's great.

Other than that "no".

While all of the code is 0's and 1's there is nothing that is set up to receive consciousness. All those 0's and 1's do exactly what they are meant to do.

The artificial intelligence really isn't "intelligence".

It's more reactive "if this is pressed then this happens/if this happens then do this, this or this".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GolazGolaz Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I love listening to Tom Campbell talking about how our world most likely is a virtual reality/simulation. Look him up on youtube if anyone interested
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited November 2016
    Life is a perceived reality. Most things in life are not real and are only real because collectively we hold the belief its real. I give you some money for something you made with hard work. Who says that money is worth anything? Leaders are in power and tell us what to do because we collectively put belief into whatever political system we are born into. Enough people walk away from these collective beliefs, we will have a new reality. Thats a big part of what the Matrix was about.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Is there a way to test that we are in the matrix.  Yes or no, the answer makes the issue not interesting.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Nanfoodle said:
    Life is a perceived reality. Most things in life are not real and are only real because collectively we hold the belief its real. I give you some money for something you made with hard work. Who says that money is worth anything? Leaders are in power and tell us what to do because we collectively put belief into whatever political system we are born into. Enough people walk away from these collective beliefs, we will have a new reality. Thats a big part of what the Matrix was about.
    I wouldn't say "most" things in life.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I wouldn't say "most" things in life.
    Things that make up are reality are. Even something that we can point that has real value like gold. Collectively we decided it was worthless. No matter how many things it can be used for, in our reality it would be worthless. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    waynejr2 said:
    Is there a way to test that we are in the matrix.  Yes or no, the answer makes the issue not interesting.
    Yes, yes , yes , I got this , tested it last year , when my concern of this situation arose ...I established a scientific theory to prove or disprove Matrix existence... Follow along...

We all know , that if you knock a cat off the Kitchen counter , it always lands on its feet ....

And it is also a well established scientific fact , That if you knock a slice of buttered toast off the Kitchen counter , it always lands buttered side down ...

So what i did was staple a slice of buttered toast (butter side up )to back of a cat , and knocked the cat off the Kitchen counter . If the cat lands on its feet ,(in my case cat landed:) you are in the real world .. If Toast hits first , you are surely in the Matrix...

Proceed to the phone book and look up Neos  number , its secretly under Meow-mix chicken flavored ..

Hope this helps..........................good Luck

• mastermind335mastermind335 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    @Golaz
    That was very interesting indeed, thanks for this, I will definitely research that shit some more :D 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited November 2016

When you play a game, you aren't actually playing a game. All it is, is codes and numbers. Even the graphics are codes and numbers. The art? Just codes and numbers. Does something look blue? Blue is a color code, which is a number. 

But, how do you know if other NPCs aren't thinking just like you? What makes you think they aren't just as real as you or I? Maybe they think their world is reality. In skyrim and many other games, you murder an NPC and for them, that is real murder. You took away a son, daughter, husband and wife. You think its just a game, but is it? For the NPCs, they are in fact likely to be as real as you.

They might not be as smart as you, but is this prove that matrix is actually real? We are advanced video game characters, but in the real world there are even smarter people controlling things? For further prove, Trump was elected. How could that not be possible except someone in the real world wanting to cause chaos and mess with us? In what possibility could Trump have won, without influence from the real world when all polls were for hillary? This is ultimate prove that we are in a matrix-like world

And maybe in the real world, they too are just video game characters. And beyond them is a godlike advanced civilization controlling things. And beyond that? Mind blown.

Remember, even in a game like WoW where the NPCs look retarded with what looks to be the worst AI ever made, they are just as real as you. Not as smart, but that doesn't make them not real. They still think and their reality is that azeroth is real. Like our reality that earth is real
    the world is all about our perception.
    doesn't actually matter what we perceive here tho, it's all relativ for each on his own.

there is a difference tho between me, and donkey kong or even ulfric:
    my level of perception is WAY higher than theirs.

my perception is based on the laws of nature, or whatever they are with out little understanding of it.
    their perception is exactly as advanced as the programmers made it.

if you wanna say game and RL are no different, then yes, to a certain degree, sure.

BUT: 
    if that is the case, than we became gods. no good ones yet, since we just created minor "non-living life", but sure, if you wanna see it that way.

and now for the interesting question:
    if their perception of the "real world" compared to ours is THAT small, how much is there really to understand, beyond those captivating "laws of nature" we tried to define ^^

guess that's the fun part about phylosophical discussions... you can say whatever you want, as long you can talk about it and people will listen :)

i once argued with a drunk mathematician about the number 4, and the logic behind the system, if it's manmade, and therefor bound to his means of definition, or a real science trying to explain life, nature and the whole stuff.

since i was drunk too, i started to troll, and nearly made him ragequit about math being nothing real but just something man-made to satisfy his desperate need for answers... but there could be no answer if you define everything that leads to it yourself, restricting your understanding of the whole thing down to what you already knew before....
    was a fun eve :proud:

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• yggdrasil1yggdrasil1 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Blue is a color code, which is a number. 

There is no blue, there are only photons which our biological eyes interpret as blue. There is no sound, there is only the displacement of air, aka atoms and nothingness, which our ears interpret as sound. Reality as we know it exist only because of our conscious acknowledgement. Without consciousness, there is but photons and atoms. 
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Even if we don't live in the Matrix we are still just bio-mechanical, self-replicating robots terraforming the planet for some other alien race  ;)

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

They might not be as smart as you, but is this prove that matrix is actually real? We are advanced video game characters, but in the real world there are even smarter people controlling things? For further prove, Trump was elected. How could that not be possible except someone in the real world wanting to cause chaos and mess with us? In what possibility could Trump have won, without influence from the real world when all polls were for hillary?
    51% of Americans voted against a corrupt politician.... I say we are headed in the right direction in the Matrix.